3 questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVERSEQUIN

Reaction score
Have had my launch day and a number of issues arose which i would like to look into and improve before any further appointments, hope you can help:-

1. Best Cuticle Massage Cream/ Cuticle remover?
2. Nice manicure bowls.. (not the usual plastic ones!)
3. Where a mini manicure is booked and soaking doesnt help with cuticle removal (extremley bad cuticles requiring nippers)....what do you usually do? (thinking about time constraints)
4. What stage is best to apply cuticle oil?
5. Good retail cuticle oil?

Sorry there are so many but will help me immensely
Many thanks geeks

have had my launch day and a number of issues arose which i would like to look into and improve before any further appointments, hope you can help:-

1. Best cuticle massage cream/ cuticle remover?
cnd cuticle away is awesome
3. Where a mini manicure is booked and soaking doesnt help with cuticle removal (extremley bad cuticles requiring nippers)....what do you usually do? (thinking about time constraints)
i use cuticle away
i usually use solar oil after nail polish (when it is touch dry)
mini solar oil, great stuff and clients love the scent

sorry there are so many but will help me immensely
many thanks geeks

hth

Solar oil has just taken another award for been the best/number 1 as has lots of other CND products,
hth :hug:

Solar Oil/Solar Balm :)

I saw a nice wooden manicure bowl in the salons direct catalogue

i've cheated for my manicure bowl, i bought a small multi coloured salad bowl, perfect size and looks really trendy on my nail table! x

We use antique looking sugar bowls in my salon for manicure bowls.

i use a small glass bowl and put small crystals in the bottom so the client can play with them whilst soaking. They find it therapeutic lol and always comment on them

I love crystal and glass. I have a lovely crystal bowl, which I have white/cream pebbles in the bottom of and if the garden is doing well I pick some rose petals and float on the top.
My favorite cuticle remover is "Cuticle Away" - I like it because it is quick and efficient.

Have had my launch day and a number of issues arose which i would like to look into and improve before any further appointments, hope you can help:-

1. Best Cuticle Massage Cream/ Cuticle remover?

Sorry there are so many but will help me immensely
Many thanks geeks

Did you take any photo's from the launch I am dieing to see them :) I've been in contact with Algologie who sent me enough sample products to open a shop with (whoop whoop) I think I'm going to go with them for body wraps and slimming treatments....Collin were really nice products just a little pricey at these hard times. Eve Taylor Candles are going down a treat :)
Right sorry onto your questions:
Cuticle Cream - Jessica Nourish
Cuticle Remover - Creative aha Cuticle Eraser (name may have charged)
Nail/Cuticle Oil - Creative Solar Oil or Jessica Phenomen Oil
(This can be retailed)
I have a great little machine for pushing back the cuticle again I purchased this from Jessica
I apply the cuticle oil at the start of the manicure I do all the luxury bits at the start, then end removing (pushing back) cuticle - file and polish. This gives time to soften. I'm emailing you a longer detail of my manicure now :)
The bowl I use is a glass bowl and yes it's from jessica

Chat to you soon

Lorraine xx

Last edited:
i always do dry manicure so cant help with the bowl, though the sugar bowl sounds pretty.

cuticle remover, the creative one is great and i found the one from hive to be a great substitute.

as for cuticle oil, i apply before the hand massage and then again after polish.
if i had a client book for a mini mani , i would do what i could to start the cuticle process and advise that they would need a full mani and aftercare regime. i never cut cuticles. i only book mini manis for clients who already have reasonable hands now.

retail wise i'd highly recomend that you look at the cuticle oils from lechat as they are available in 6 different fragrances which gives clients much more choice and there are matching lotions too.my best seller is cucumber. tammy taylor oils are lovely too and again available in different fragrances.

thanks for all that information folks... have loads to go on now.
And thanks Aquarius, you are quite right it was five questions not three!!
Got carried away.

Latest posts

Back