500 lbs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
If you clicked this thinking it, then no its not my weight ! :smack:

but its the weight of personal / house hold belongings that they will fast track ship to my new home while all of the other stuff goes slowly by container ship ,

here's the catch I wont have my other stuff for 2 - 4 months

im not getting far at all with my list sooo what of your personal belongings / must haves up to the weight of 500lbs would you want there ASAP ?

(no food , pets or flammables , they go sepretly ,)

laptop, camera, cooking stuff and a few sentamentals i couldn't live without :)

Bed, phones, tv, laptop, pc, hair dryer, clothes, wardrobe, cooker, fridge, freezer and sofa are my must haves x

Bed, phones, tv, laptop, pc, hair dryer, clothes, wardrobe, cooker, fridge, freezer and sofa are my must haves x

This would be WAY over 500lbs lol, the key is to leave the heavy stuff, even sell the fridge, freezer, bed and sofa if your moving a long way and just buy more when your out there IMO

laptop, camera, cooking stuff and a few sentamentals i couldn't live without :)

lap top with probably fly in hubbys bag , camera is on our ipads (guess we will sell our phones) OMG I wont have a phone! :eek:
cooking stuff , we wont have a cooker though lol

hair dryer will be with my daughter , we don't have any wardrobes there all built in here same with the cooker and freezer and things , some clothes will be with us but yeah more will be nice as we will prob be sick of the stuff in our bags by then ,
sofas will come with our house hold furniture I image they will want to put our tvs in the shipping container to ,

its hard to think of stuff to send quick isn't it lol , seems all or nothing with house hold stuff ,

Where you moving sounds exciting,

Clothes, kitchen bits, towels, bedding

Toothbrush and knickers, jogging bottoms and hoody lol x

500lb is not a lot really..It soon all adds up when you start putting your list together.

When I relocated to Greece, I sent all my furniture by sea container , which takes months and I found a guy who did regular trips to Crete by van and charged by the box so it was a great way to get the basics that were outside of the travelling allowance . I did some research and then just joined a forum for ex pats in Greece and through that it was really helpful for getting these sort of contacts. Maybe you may want to consider checking to see whats available, Im not sure where you are moving from and to, but there is usually always something available. I made a list of all the things I use daily and then either travelled with them or sent things ahead, the white van man service was great , it took a week so I handed over the things a few days before I left and it arrived a few days after I got there so it was perfect.

Good luck with the move.. Jack

Some friends had this. They bought basic furniture from Ikea, and used free cycle / Craigslist to get free furniture others were throwing out.

we are moving from Germany to Kansas ! :eek:

that's a good idea getting free or cheap stuff on the other side, our shipment is free though so money isn't the problem , I am just not sure what to put in the smaller faster shipment , other than my pc cos I will miss my Sims lol ,
I am sort of thinking maybe my Shellac / Brisa shuld be int there BUT that's a bit silly lol
just have a feeling im going to get there get my first shipment and think oh I wish I had this this and this now,
and then have to Waite months for everything else to come lol .

If you plan on trying to network and do some work out there then yes of course pop some of your nail stuff in it :D

I tend to move around a lot (choice - not because I have to) and always have the problem of what way to pack so I can get to what I need the quickest and I have always found that as long as I can get to my clothes, shoes, make-up and toiletries (I guess most of this will be in your case or you can stock up on toiltries and make-up out there) and have my laptop and camera to keep me sane the only thing I want to get to asap is kitchen stuff lol.

Will they have any beds etc for you to sleep in when you get out there? If not I do agree that freecycle is a gem! I used it for a futon once when waiting for a new bed to arrive.

Good luck!!

Shampoo/conditioner, straighteners, nail varnish and hand cream lol

Im a simple woman.

yeah we will have a hotel room till we find some where more permenint and then tempery furniture till we get our shipment ,

I cant do nails ! only mine until I get a license ... I did all my training in England , and that's fine here in Germany but the USA have different rules ,

also packing my Shellac and Brisa might not work out , as I just realized I wont have a lamp as mine is 220v and the states is 110 v ,

this is difficult lol

Im unsure if you can get a unit that will convert that for you?

Latest posts

Back