A Big Well Done to Clare (Oceana)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Helen *

Reaction score
I just thought I would let you all know that Clare (Oceana) won The Hunts Post Business Awards under the section of New Business Award on Friday night.

Clare does not give us her presence much these days after opening her salon in St Ives last summer, which is doing extremely well.

Here is what the write up is in the booklet:

"The Nail Retreat have been trading for 12 months and have taken £80'000 in that first year. In addition to the two founding partners they now have another full time member of staff as well as casual employee's."

Well done hunni :hug::hug:

Well done Clare! :hug:

I am so pleased for you but it would be nice to see you about on here as much as you can. x x x

Well done Clare! Well deserved recognition xxx:hug:

She also won Small Business of the Year which I failed to notice, aswell as New Business Award ... so doubly well done!!!

Well done Clare, that is fantastic xxx :hug:

Well done!! xx

Well done both of you - very well deserved

Amb x

Well done and ...

Congratulations.jpg

This is brill girls, well done 2 awards wohoooo, I read the article in The Hunts Post and hats off to you girls, you did flipping brill. Dedication and tenacity and bloody hard work got you this fab award.
So again well done xxxxx

This is on the website:

Small Business of the Year 2008 is The Nail Retreat, in St Ives, which has been trading for just a year and learned this week that it is also one of five finalists in a national sector competition. The award is sponsored by the Huntingdonshire branch of the Federation of Small Businesses.

The judges said: "The partners have worked together effectively to implement a shared vision based on market knowledge and the highest standards of customer care. They have shown exceptional attention to detail in a comprehensive business plan."

New Business of the Year 2008, sponsored by Artisan (UK) Developments, was another success for The Nail Retreat. The judges said: "As a start up business, The Nail Retreat has set its objectives out clearly and concisely with a strong emphasis on delivering strong customer value."

They felt that the business had been developed on sound business principles with the management team seeking advice from a number of sources. "The testimony to the success of this business can be found within the comprehensive business plan, which has demonstrated a strong and detailed approach to marketing, finance and operational activities."

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your lovely comments!

Lyndsay and I are absolutely THRILLED to win both categories we entered and its an honour to be recognised for our business skills that we have learnt over the past few years whilst planning The Nail Retreat.

Its also a great bonus for our industry to be recognised in the business world, we were up against some big competition in these awards and to win and be ( I quote from one of the judges) "A perfect example of how to start up a business" and "Setting the standards for small businesses" is pretty breathtaking!

A bit of hard work and a love for your job can get you a long way!!!
Thanks again xx

From reading the reviews Claire it is well deserved and these awards themselves will do wonders for your business too.

Do you have a website? Would love to see more about your business from your advertising point of view?

Huge congratulations to you both, what a massive achievement!

Big congrats to you both xxxxx

How brilliant is that! I'm thrilled for you both. xxx:hug:

i am so thrilled to be a part of the nail retreat! Go team retreat winners through and though! X
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back