A twist to pedi and manis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesekah

Reaction score
i have a salon and i want to put a twist on my pedi and mani's. at the moment i have the normally towel and big bowel of water, on a lay back chair

buff shape and polish for both feet and hands
then i inter mani/pedi which is cutilce work cut file buff of the nail removal of dead skin massage of the foot/hand with a lotion and a panit 45 mins

and a deluxe is all above and with a parafin 1 hour

what else can i do that would be something to remember..

I put small smooth pebbles in the bottom of my bowl of water and my clients LOVE to sit their for 5 mins just rubbing their feet in them. A couple of my clients actually remind me not to forget to put them in. Its not a biggie but it something my clients remember.

Do you use a foot and hand scrub, I sometimes think my clients prefer that to the massage the noises they make lol...xx

put slices of lemons/limes in the water. Use a large wooden bowel which adds a luxury touch.

When painting nails I have used gold rope and popped a flower between there big toe whilst doing the nails.

I also match clients finger nails to their toes if they want me to.

How about spray tanning the lower half of the leg to add a golden glow to her tootsies.

Use gel varnish as it dries faster and lasts longer and gives the client value for money.

Give the client the rasp and nail file used during the treatment in an organza drawstring bag with some sample of your mani pedi range in i.e a small sachet of hand/foot cream.

Whilst clients toes are soaking or varnish drying or their foot mask/paraffin is on, perform a hand and arm massage or mini scalp and shoulder massage too!

Your client will count down the days until she returns.

kate x

I make homemade bath bombs in heart shaped ice cube trays and I pop 1 or 2 into that. They have essential oils and dried flower petals in them so make the water pretty.

I put small smooth pebbles in the bottom of my bowl of water and my clients LOVE to sit their for 5 mins just rubbing their feet in them. A couple of my clients actually remind me not to forget to put them in. Its not a biggie but it something my clients remember.

Nice idea! How do you sterilise them? xxx

I read a thread on here a while ago where they offered to wax areas of the foot for the client as part of the service... you know, the dreaded big toes and top of the foot.

I think this is an excellent idea and I recall that you can actually buy wax strips for this particular thing.. I know I'd like it if someone offered to do that as part of a pedicure.. they could do the back of my fingers too as part of a manicure...:lol:

Some fab ideas here! I'm qualified in reflexology and hot stones so sometimes incorporate these. I massage the lower leg/arm and foot/hand with the stones. Clients love it! x

I always put slices of lemon in the pedicure bowl and it looks so lush. I also sanitise the rasp after use and give it to the client for home care.

Make sure the polish application is spot on.

The above are really what make my clients come back.

Great! im going to use all of them! they are great any more??

What great ideas. You guys are amazing. I would never have thought to wax my big toe, LOL!!~

Cat

I had a new client today for pedicure and asked if she would like hand and arm massage whilst her toes were drying, her eyes twinkled and she was so surprised that I didnt rush out the door like past technician, she has booked again - Thank you very much for all your ideas x x x

creative spa range is sheer luxury, they also have a visio with a guide
jenx

OMG these ideas are amazing!
I would have never thought such tricks for a salon.
I know I don't have mine yet as I am a mobile but hopefully some day I will and then I 'll take all of these tricks into consideration!

Where do you all buy your wooden bowls from for pedicures?

i have a salon and i want to put a twist on my pedi and mani's. at the moment i have the normally towel and big bowel of water, on a lay back chair

buff shape and polish for both feet and hands
then i inter mani/pedi which is cutilce work cut file buff of the nail removal of dead skin massage of the foot/hand with a lotion and a panit 45 mins

and a deluxe is all above and with a parafin 1 hour

what else can i do that would be something to remember..
hey you could add some different soaks add a slice of lemon & lime so add some zest I did a choc mint pedi i put a couple of spoons of powdered milk mixed it and put essential oil mint 4 drops, and then served the client choc mint buscuits it was a huge hit.

I make homemade bath bombs in heart shaped ice cube trays and I pop 1 or 2 into that. They have essential oils and dried flower petals in them so make the water pretty.

Please Please tell me the directions to make!!!

Sounds so nice!!
xxx

Please Please tell me the directions to make!!!

because you asked so nicely!

HOMEMADE BATH BOMBS by Ann Ball aged 40 and 3 months
Ingredients:
makes 4-6 ice cube size
3 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon citric acid
few tablespoons of either rosewater, lavender water or witch hazel
6 drops of essential oil (optional)
pinch of dried flowers (rose petals or lavender are nice)

Directions:
1. Sieve bicarb.
2. Add citric acid and stir in.
3. Drop in essential oils if using and stir in.
4. Place floral water or witchhazel in a small spray bottle (this is important as you don't want to over wet the mix or add liquid to quickly as it reacts and starts to expand, you will get a grainy appearance as well).
5. Spritz the mix twice, stir in, repeat until you have a mix that resembles damp sand (best thing is to squeeze some of the mix in your hand, if it 'just' holds its ready. this part is difficult to perfect as you always end up adding to much to begin with.
6. Decorate your ice cube trays with a pinch of dried flowers, I also add a couple of gold heart table confetti.
7. Press your mix into the tray, pressing down firmly to prevent any trapped air (this would cause the bomb to crumble and be unstable so do this properly).
8. Leave for 24 hours and then tip out (they should be hard and stable by then).
9. Package in a jar or a cellophane bag.

To use:
Pop one or two into your spa bowl when the client's feet are already submerged.

You could give your client one to take home as a gift.
Because you are making enough for 2-3 spa baths for feet or hands, the amount of essential oil is minimal.

Wow... this is a keeper. I am amazed at this and can't wait to try it out myself... what a mess I'm going to make. :lol:

Latest posts

Back