Acetone in small bottles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salpep

Reaction score
Im looking for some small empty plastic bottles that will hold acetone, I have tried a few now but they are not holding up.

I only need small bottles that hold about 30mls, anyone know where I could find some? I'd rather plastic not glass though.

Thank-you :hug: x

Try Boots in the travel section, they sell empty bottles and so do bodyshop.. hope that helps x

Not sure if this is any help, but for my Shellac removal kits I bought some little 60ml bottles of acetone from The Edge at Capital x

Thanks ladies

I hear what your saying...I did have a look at those but to be honest I'd rather buy the bottles for a few pennies and then fill myself...a bit like i do for cuticle oil.

I have tried a few little bottles but the plastic is not right, as it melts and that's not so good lol....No worries I will just have to ring around a few companies and see..Im sure it can't be that hard......if your interested and when I find a company ..if you want to do the same let me know hun and I'll give you the details xx

If Acetone is doing that to your plastic bottles...imagine what it is doing to your clients. Dangerous stuff. The MSDS on acetone is pretty scary. Should you really be using it? We run a school and wholesale beauty supply and do not promote this product. Be careful:eek:

Have you seen the ingredients in soap?? Pretty scary stuff. I wouldn't wash again if i were you :rolleyes::lol::lol:

I don't see how you run a beauty school or supply without acetone...Enlighten me please?

I don't see how you run a beauty school or supply without acetone...Enlighten me please?

I thought the same thing!

How on earth do you soak the enhancements off?

Is there a product out there that does the same thing that has been kept a secret?

And yes, soap has some pretty bad things in it too, that's why I'm careful as to what brand I use and the same goes for acetone, we have all been taught how to use it correctly and carefully I would have thought in our training.
Primer is dangerous too but we use it and we use it with care.

If Acetone is doing that to your plastic bottles...imagine what it is doing to your clients. Dangerous stuff. The MSDS on acetone is pretty scary. Should you really be using it? We run a school and wholesale beauty supply and do not promote this product. Be careful:eek:

Acetone was doing that to the bottles because I hadn't got the correct bottles! But now I have found some :green:

Should I be using it? Well why don't you let us know what you use and we will all be enlightened :)

Come on CND, Bio Sculpture, etc,etc PLEASE.
We are all asking for SMALL 30 ml retail bottles of gel remover to sell to clients who just need to take one set of overlays off or one nail if they have an accident & they cant manage to get in for us to remove.
It's better than biting off a catch which they do at the moment.
The bigger bottles just mean they will remove all the time not just in an emergency.

Come on CND, Bio Sculpture, etc,etc PLEASE.
We are all asking for SMALL 30 ml retail bottles of gel remover to sell to clients who just need to take one set of overlays off or one nail if they have an accident & they cant manage to get in for us to remove.
It's better than biting off a catch which they do at the moment.
The bigger bottles just mean they will remove all the time not just in an emergency.

I agree wholeheartedly

Thanks ladies

I hear what your saying...I did have a look at those but to be honest I'd rather buy the bottles for a few pennies and then fill myself...a bit like i do for cuticle oil.

I have tried a few little bottles but the plastic is not right, as it melts and that's not so good lol....No worries I will just have to ring around a few companies and see..Im sure it can't be that hard......if your interested and when I find a company ..if you want to do the same let me know hun and I'll give you the details xx

I agree it is cheaper to do this but please just make sure you are covering yourself with proper information on the label, especially the COSSH symbols. I have seen tech's selling acetone in plain bottles and if someone had an accident as a result they would have the pants sued off them.

Don't sell bottles of acetone to your clients without the correct labelling! Look at the label from a pharmacist and you will see what a complicated label is needed for retailing!

As for acetone being unsafe????? Read this:
http://www.beautytech.com/articles/acetone.pdf

I have used this company and although they sell them with or without acetone it really does seem better value and easier to buy them already filled. The bottles don't have labels so I printed my own.

Bottles with Acetone - Items - Acetone Supply Company | Acetone | Acetone Suppliers | Buy Acetone | Nail Varnish Removal

Yes this is the company I found too, seems very good value.
I think I will give them a ring tomorrow to see if they can print labels to go with them..I don't mind paying a few pennies more if it covers my ass :green:

Don't sell bottles of acetone to your clients without the correct labelling!
I totally agree. Acetone is , if nothing else, it is a highly flammable liquid that by law, must have the correct health and safety/CHIP info on it. It's also a 'professional' product that, really, shouldn't be available to clients.

I totally agree. Acetone is , if nothing else, it is a highly flammable liquid that by law, must have the correct health and safety/CHIP info on it. It's also a 'professional' product that, really, shouldn't be available to clients.

In small amounts it's better than them biting off the enhancement damaging their nails which they will do.
Should we stop people having nail varnish remover too!!!

Your clients can go to any pharmacy and ask for a small bottle of acetone for pence.

Blimey

Well thank-you to all of those whith your helpful info..:)
I'd like to think I'm not 5 years old or my clients....and also like to think that they would not sit at night sniffing it or play with lighters next to it...and if they did want to I'm sure they could just pop to boots and get it themselves, without my help!
The meaning for the small bottles was to offer my clients that cannot always get back to me for various reasons...so rather than them sitting picking the stuff off it would be easier for them to remove it themselves.(we are only talking a few people)
As for labels on the bottles ..yes I will totally look into this, like I said before I'm sure the company will offer this, even if it costs a few pennies more.
So thank-you for the wise words :) xx

We teach with files. I know it's crazy to think to use files and nail machines in this age of easy soak off gels and acrylics. However we are not willing to risk exposure to Acetone to our clients. As Doug Schoon says "some small levels may absorb into the bloodstream, though they are below permissable level". Are you kidding me? Every person's body and tolerances are differant. If you want to risk it, that's up to you. We do not. If I had a lady who every couple of weeks came in and had her nails soaking in Acetone, after 20 years I shudder to think what her kidneys and other organs would look. In human bodies your liver can't get it out of your body so it stays in. Just because some people think it's easier to soak off, doesn't mean it should be done. Just be careful out there ok?:)

Latest posts

Back