Acrylic DIY nail kits in asda!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
OMG! Please tell me if I'm a little behind here, but I've just been in Asda and seen a whole bunch of Nailene products for sale and one of them is a proper acrylic nail kit for one set plus fills for just under 19 quid! :irked:

How can this be?! I am intending on doing my training in the very near future and wouldn't even contemplate trying to do it on my own at home!

Sorry, I just had to share my disgust and disbelief :eek:

xx

There is alot of these kits about and they make it look simple but most people fail at them and just damage ther nails

I saw these today as well and thought omg whatever next. I finish my training in omg one week and I would not have tried to do this before the courses and would definitely not after the course with what I know now about the damage that can be caused.

Forget it.

It doesn't affect you/us.

Get on with your own business.

Ever been to THE USA? There are more nail products in drug stores than anything else.

Professional nails are still a thriving business.

Let them buy it and waste their money.

I know another nail tech who told me someone walked into their salon wityh one of those kits and asked her to put them on for her then told her not to charge because she had her own product!!! Bang out of order!!!

xx

I just came across tham tonight whilst browsing the store. I had to chuckle though, can you imagine the mess these people must get themselves into :eek:

OMG! Please tell me if I'm a little behind here, but I've just been in Asda and seen a whole bunch of Nailene products for sale and one of them is a proper acrylic nail kit for one set plus fills for just under 19 quid! :irked:

How can this be?! I am intending on doing my training in the very near future and wouldn't even contemplate trying to do it on my own at home!

Sorry, I just had to share my disgust and disbelief :eek:

xx

You can't really be surprised about this...there are kits everywhere for goodness sake...thats the way of the world for most things..there are cheap things, crap things, expensive things, professional, unprofessional blah blah blah...and lets face it...how many of us realised in the beginning how much we loved everything nails...I for one have messed about with my own nails since a VERY young age...I never started off with professional products did i...i didn't know any better back then! and neither do most people...of course i wouldn't dream of using them now but as a young teen i spent many hours having fun with this, that n the other kit...and I don't mind admitting it...that's all i knew at the time..wouldn't use them now obviously!

ღMandyღ;778842 said:
I just came across tham tonight whilst browsing the store. I had to chuckle though, can you imagine the mess these people must get themselves into :eek:

Tesco have had these for years, I know because I bought a pack, just to see if I could do it, this was the week before starting my foundation course, mess! you've not seen anything like it. Kay and I were in stitches:lol: These kits do not worry me one little bit, wish I had shares in the company that produces them though, because there will always be people who will buy them. Most will chuck them in the bin and go see a professional and have a lot more respect for you, the rest will go on to get real training to find out why they went wrong.
Either way we win.

I'm not worried, or surprised really for that matter, but I do think that registering the profession needs to be done to stop these poor unfortunates from harming themselves! Annabanana I too 'played' with 'unprofessional products' but I would never have dreamt of putting anything like that on.

Thinking about it though while writing this reply, it's not so different from the hair colouring and bleaching kits etc. that we see.

Just thought I'd share what I'd seen

xx

When I first started my training you wouldnt believe (or maybe you will) the amount of these kits my family bought me thinking they were helping. I had to throw them out as i knew it was not the way to go and even today I am having to find a polite way of saying "dont buy me nail products from superdrugs"!!

let them spend their money and buy the d.i.y kits ...they'll soon come whinging to us when theyv'e WASTED their nails.

j xx

Latest posts

Back