Advertising poster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
So im really trying to get a poster together that I can place first of all in my village shop window...I dont know how im going to pluck up the courage to actually do it as im petrified but I know I have to get on with it.

So this is what ive come up with today....I cant think of a name for myself that im happy with so... for now im just not going to have one as im really wasting time trying to think up names, the prices arent set in stone yet but you get the idea and the nail picture...nails arent good...I dont want to put people off....ill be working on producing something better but it might have to do for now cos like I say im just wasting too much time faffing around with things...I just want everything to be perfect and in place tho.

So anyway sorry fo the waffle...if anyone could please give me some honest opinions with regard to wording, design, colour etc etc and also what sort of size...A4 ro A5?? id really appreciate it.

Thanx so much x

Attachments

• image list.JPG
    image list.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Hi.

By looking at it, it seems ok to me apart from looking a little dark but that might just be the computer.
is the 25% already off the prices you state???
try and make the "special offer" stand out as much as you can so people dont just walk on by.
Grab the eye of the customer

Well done anyway

Hi.

By looking at it, it seems ok to me apart from looking a little dark but that might just be the computer.
is the 25% already off the prices you state???
try and make the "special offer" stand out as much as you can so people dont just walk on by.
Grab the eye of the customer

Well done anyway

Hi, no it says 'before 25 % saving) - maybe thats not clear enough then? im not sure whether I shuld just put the savings prices down rather than the full prices?

Thanx for your input x

Who's doing the printing of your poster Anna..??

xx

Who's doing the printing of your poster Anna..??

xx

Hi im not sure yet...why do you ask? I printed one myself earlier and it looks ok...could be better tho x

I think it looks good, it would grab my attention. What about a land line number? some times people dont like ringing mobiles because of cost etc... x

I think it looks good, it would grab my attention. What about a land line number? some times people dont like ringing mobiles because of cost etc... x

Hi I purposely havent put my landline number on the ad as im undecided whether I should or not....I will be working from home but I dont want to encourage people to think they can call me at any ridiculous hour...plus I cant guarantee my son wont answer the phone if I cant....he's such a drip on the phone bless 'im lol x

Does everybody else put there home number on?

Could you not put the original price with a strike through and then the discounted price next to it? That way people can see exactly how much they are saving? not sure if that would help, I don't work with nails at the mo but I do work with lots of customers in a retail environment and they always want to know what they are going to be paying when they see special offers that only state what percentage is off the original price, even if it's easy to work out (phew! sorry to waffle on lol)

Anyway.... I like the colour and design and as a customer it would grab my attention too, also I agree with putting a land line number down if you can, I think you can get calls diverted to your mobile if need be?

Hi I purposely havent put my landline number on the ad as im undecided whether I should or not....I will be working from home but I dont want to encourage people to think they can call me at any ridiculous hour...plus I cant guarantee my son wont answer the phone if I cant....he's such a drip on the phone bless 'im lol x

Does everybody else put there home number on?

I DONT have my home number on anything only my mobile. I started off with my home number but got so many calls from people trying to sell me advertising and others things i took it off everything.

I also use only a mobile number for my business. It doesn't seem to put people off calling and it gives a much better impression hearing "Hello, this is fingers and toes" rather than the "yeah who's this" they'd hear from my 9 year old!

I agree about putting the before and after discount prices on the poster.

Thanx for everyones input....I think maybe that sounds a good idea about putting both prices on...I dont think im gonna include my landline number, does everyone put there full address on....or would I just put Claypole nr Newark...then just direct people exactly where I am on the phone....I do feel a little uncomfortable about putting my full address on tbh.

My friend looked t it and says she likes it but thinks I should leave off the post code and the 'or text me' bit...she thinks the text bit cheapens the ad...what does everyone else think? x

Really nice poster, I love purple so it would grab my attention.

With regards to the land line phone number. I only use my land line as I have come across many people who wont phone mobiles due to the extra cost. I also find that with mobiles, you still get advertising calls but they can not be blocked and anonymous call reject cant be applied to them. I have this on my land land as I dont like withheld numbers and it stops the crank calls and I also block the advertising call numbers lol.

Hi there, i think your poster looks lovely. Its colours are attractive and eyecatching! You say you are working from home, will you expect your clients to go to your home or are you going to them? Either way I dont think I would put the address on but perhaps state the area(s) you will travel to or the area your home is in. And i agree with the home number - I would keep a separate mobile number even just for work!

Hi there, i think your poster looks lovely. Its colours are attractive and eyecatching! You say you are working from home, will you expect your clients to go to your home or are you going to them? Either way I dont think I would put the address on but perhaps state the area(s) you will travel to or the area your home is in. And i agree with the home number - I would keep a separate mobile number even just for work!

Hi thankyou, im planning on being home-based...I want to encourage people to come to me as obviously it is easier for me...I dont really wanna be trawling all my things about...ill probably do mobile as well tho but I will add an extra charge and minimum call out fee...i guess i will have to see how it goes tho really x

Really nice poster, I love purple so it would grab my attention.

With regards to the land line phone number. I only use my land line as I have come across many people who wont phone mobiles due to the extra cost. I also find that with mobiles, you still get advertising calls but they can not be blocked and anonymous call reject cant be applied to them. I have this on my land land as I dont like withheld numbers and it stops the crank calls and I also block the advertising call numbers lol.

Thankyou, I guess there are pros and cons with regards to using a landline or a mobile but think ill just stick to using a mobile for now and see what happens x

I like the colours and lay out.

Too many people use pink these days so this stands out.

I work from home and advertise my mobile & home number on everything I do - I want the calls! I don't get crank calls or pervs or anything and I've done this for over 5 years.
I do say it's a home salon, so people do understand if my son or daughter answers the call - but after this long, they know what to say!

I advertise my address with just the street name, village & postcode, that way, when people ring for a booking you can direct them in & give them your full address. Works fine for me. I'm very busy since xmas.

Hey Anna It's ace. I would notice it! I agree with your friends about texting only because I used to do it and you end up texting back and forth and it can be a pain when you can get all info on a short call. I still get texts now saying "is this nails by knight?" so I just call them as I find it so much easier. Great promo too. xxx

This is a nice poster. I think it looks really good. I love the colors and the script. Good job.

Thanx everyone! I just need to decide how to print it now! x

Hi Anna,

A marketing advice that I use which works exceptionally well is to put in a guarantee.

"You'll simple love my treatments or your money back!"

A small point, you use several font types and size. In my opinion, does make the reading slightly difficult.

Hope it works out for you.

Latest posts

Back