Advice please I'm terrified!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenC

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Looking for some advice here. I currently work for a law firm and will be redundant on 31st December. Maybe the push I needed to follow my dream of becoming a nail technician. I've always talked about it but never actually done anything about it. I'm booked on a foundation course with Creative Nails starting in January with the intention of setting up my own business. At the moment I'm absolutely terrified! Going from a well paid job to ... well ... the unknown. And to top it all I get married next Friday!! Can anyone give me help, advice or encouragement. I am so scared and nervous its unreal!!
:confused: Helen

Hi and sorry to hear about your impending redundancy, but congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!

Having been faced with something similar, my advice would be to follow your dream with nail training and to get as much education and practise as possible. In the meantime, you need to be looking earnestly for another job, as I'm sure you realise, because you won't be in a position to earn a living from nails for quite a while yet. :hug:

Thank you very much for you reply and your best wishes for my forthcoming wedding. Luckily my redundancy will cover me for a few months but yes I am trying to find a job to tide me over in the meantime. Its so daunting though but I know if I follow what I believe it'll be much more enjoyable and rewarding than was I'm doing now.

Good luck in your new venture. Just go for it with all your heart and soul! xx

Hi Hun,
Good luck for your wedding, focus on that 1st and enjoy your big day.
Then just follow your dream. You have chosen excellent foundation training.....But it will take some time before you will earn a living from nails........also with the ecconomic trend we all have to think hard, so yes a part time job along side nails may be the answer for you.
Good luck. Keep us posted.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Hi Helen

My advice would be go for it! The push I got was my dad dying and I suddenly realised life was too short to daydream about things and it was time to actually live them!

Admittedly, it hasn't always been good since - in fact some months have been nightmares! However, i'm still here and things get better with every month that passes.

Just realise success won't happen immediately and it takes a lot of hard work.

Good luck with your course - may the new year bring you a new and rewarding career!:hug:

Good luck on your forthcoming wedding - I hope your husband to be is rich ;)

Hi Helen

Im from west lothian and welcome to the site.. Were are you from

You can send me a PM if you like

Hello Helen,

First, congrats on the wedding......as some of the others have said, focus on that first, and enjoy your day....its all about you and he.....

Second, congrats on getting the nerve to go out and follow your dream. Its hard, I know, and you will have many moments where you will wonder "WTH"...but you keep going with it. There is a lot to be said of the difference between working for the money and working because you love what you are doing. Most people get stuck in the former and the lucky (smart/wise) ones eventually make it into the latter.

I'm right there with you actually. I was out of doing nails on the general public for over 15 years (although I still worked on friends and myself in the meantime) and am booked in with a foundation with EZFlow for next month cos I need to "catch up" with the new products, technology, etc. Hopefully, I will be up to speed and working in the new year (mobile). I have my moments when I am scared sh*tless, but I know, deep down know, this is what I NEED to do for me.

You'll be fine, we are all here to support you and just finish up those arrangements for next Friday (I"m giddy thinking of it...a wedding, how neat!)

Peace
Nancy :)

Well, good on you for finding proabably the best in the biz to do your traINING WITH - cnd. tHERE ARE A SMALL HANDFUL OF OTHER COMPANIES, BUT cnd DOES SHINE OUT.
yOU WILL ENJOY YOUR FOUNDATION, YOU sorry about the caps! You'll be scared by it and be fascinated and lots inbetween.
I'm the luckiest person I know - I'm passionate about nails, I do it for a living & I get paid for it too!!!!
Stack your cash high, as any newbie nail person wants to buy all & everything - but be careful - here talks the voice of experience!!!! Buy ONLY what you need & not everything you want! There's a big difference between WANT & NEED!:lol:
Good luck with your forthcoming wedding - have a fabulous day & enjoy.

Us geeky nail peeps are always here to give you a helping hand - NEVER feel you cannot ask a question - but do check out the search option on this site as it covers 95% of most commonly asked 'new tech' type questions, but we all had to start somewhere and all learnt bucket loads from being a positive & active member of this community - I'd of never been a nail tech without the people on here.
Go for it and enjoy - welcome to addiction btw!:hug:

Hi there, as with jules it took me a death to realise life is too short to not realise your dreams, Ive been qualified for a few months now but Im still working aswell as Im too scared to take the leap to work for myself (or someone else) and leave the safety of a decent paying job. But one day I will do it :)
Good luck with the wedding day!

Good Luck with the nuptials Helen, looking forward to helping you on your first step in our industry.

We have many similar stories to your own that we will we share with you I'm sure. Don't be anxious about new things happening in your life....it's exciting, honest:)

We have a couple of Open Days coming up, you may want to pop in? Let me know if you haven't received the info about them.

Am I right in saying the open days are next Sunday and Monday Fiona? If Helen's getting married on Friday, she might have other plans for the weekend! LOL

Am I right in saying the open days are next Sunday and Monday Fiona? If Helen's getting married on Friday, she might have other plans for the weekend! LOL

Depends on your perspective I guess...she might need a wee change by Monday:lol::lol::lol:

you willl have a ball with the course..im not far fom you too and am often pestering the Ladies from The Fingertips Centre...and am hoping to be along to the open days too...if I can get this awful cold shifted

LindaC xx

Sorry to hear about your redundancy, but at least its on the 31st and you wont miss out on your holiday pay entitlement and the redundancy pay might help towards the start up cost of a business.

Good luck on your wedding and have a lovely day.

You'll really enjoy your CND course and learn loads and will be addicted to this site and nails before too long :)

let us all know how you get on!

anne xx

Good Luck with the nuptials Helen, looking forward to helping you on your first step in our industry.

We have many similar stories to your own that we will we share with you I'm sure. Don't be anxious about new things happening in your life....it's exciting, honest:)

We have a couple of Open Days coming up, you may want to pop in? Let me know if you haven't received the info about them.
Hi Fiona, thank you for your good wishes for my forthcoming wedding. I'm hoping to start with you guys in January (I'll call and book this week). When are your open days? I haven't received any info.

I'm so excited about all this!!!! :lol:

Helen

Latest posts

Back