All those common Nail Myths busted by Doug Schoon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
Once again Doug has come up trumps with answers to some of the most common questions on here! His explanations are always backed up by scientific FACTS!

PLEASE read and remember so you can understand and answer all those common queries!!

http://schoonscientific.com/downloads/Myths-from-FB_2013-03-14.pdf

Thanks Doug. Great timing :Grope:

It is a fantastic article, I had it come into my emails about 2 hrs ago and I sat reading it all to my hubby because I was so excited because Doug does brilliant work.

I have also printed it out so it can go into my salon, for clients to read the facts when they say things like, their last tech said they needed to take a break from enhancements every 6 months to let their nails breath:rolleyes:

Thanks again Doug for an amazing article:)

Time this interesting article was sent back to the top of the page and actually read by a real nail technician or two who is/are interested in learning and passing on good information instead of those who just come to salon geek ask about which colours to buy! Lol

I also get Doug's updates sent to me via email.

His knowledge is astounding and I love the fact that he so willingly shares his findings- all so we can be better informed which in turn makes us better nail techs!

Could this be made permanent on SG? A sticky maybe? Or in the article section?

Excellent article - thank you. Really useful.

Just the sort of thing that would look great in a salon reception for customers to see. If only just a few of those points would sink it.........

I just love the science, education is a win win....don't you think :biggrin::biggrin:

Fantastic article I will be passing this on to my students ! I feel a quick truth of myth activity coming on !

This is exactly what I've been needing to show clients the myths! Thank you soo sooooo much xxx

Thank you for posting this, I have no idea how I missed it the 1st time around, there is so much more information if you click on the links in the attachment, its great, thats my next few weeks reading sorted then!!

Thanks for posting, mum - and also to geeg for bumping. I had also missed this first time around.

I love reading things like this, getting the real science behind the myths that have somehow appeared and thoroughly debunking them.

I'm a real advocate for education, reading - any learning, really. I just love it :)

Thanks mum for the link to the article.

I get so involved in my nail art & trying to create new designs I forget I need to read this stuff every know and then to keep the little grey cells up to date. :biggrin:

x

I love this article, I might run off some copies to leave in the salon.

Excellent Article!

Printed copies for clients to read in my salon 😀

I missed 2 great threads the first time round because I stopped looking so much as all the threads where the same.
I have saved the link in my phone so I can read and re read!
Thank you

This is such interesting and valuable reading! Thanks to Doug for the education.

Can't wait for the next client to mention their nails needing to breathe!:lol:

Great article. ..an absolute must read for all :D

Thanks that's really interesting. Everyone should read.x

Latest posts

Back