All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:idea:Or maybe I should have spread the product once the popit was on seen as I used no tip?? advice anyone????:rolleyes:

When I saw Geeg doing the demo she cleaned the excess pink from underneath the free edge before it had fully hardened so the underside was still lovely and smooth.

Has anyone done these sucsesfully with gel yet??
beause I would love a few pointers on this one,
thanks

Has anyone done these sucsesfully with gel yet??
beause I would love a few pointers on this one,
thanks

Geeg has.
Me?
Working on it.
I finally had 2 yesterday that didn't have bubbles in them.

How are you doing them? butterfly clips?

How are you doing them? butterfly clips?

i have only tried with acryllic so far as I cant work out in my head how they should work, how do you keep the popit on while they are curing is the biggest question for me and also would you be able to do pink and whites, and if yes how:eek:
wrecking my brain:irked::lol:

Hi where do i buy popits from? I cant wait to try them, ive heard so much about them and they sound great!!
Sweet Squared in Leeds 0845 210 6060!

Has anyone tried them on severe nail biters? the one's with the bulge's of skin on the ends, wondering if they'd be any good for my canibal of a mum!!:lol:

can anyone tell me why not all my poppits are coming off shiney? as this is the case i have been using glaze and go.
it also takes me the same amount of time (when applying tips) using poppits as it does when i do free hand. . . they are gr8 for natural nail overlays though.
anna

can anyone tell me why not all my poppits are coming off shiney? as this is the case i have been using glaze and go.
it also takes me the same amount of time (when applying tips) using poppits as it does when i do free hand. . . they are gr8 for natural nail overlays though.
anna

My suggestions would be

* not using enough product
* working too wet
* removing the poppit too soon
* re-using the poppit too many times

Just my two penneth worth lol hth's

My popit nails were terrible, full of air bubbles.

Geeg has suggested that too little product is to blame, and although I thought I was putting sufficient product in I gave it a try with more, and they look fantastic!! Only 2 probs though:

1) Can only do these in 1 colour, havent mastered p&w yet

2) lots of extra product is going way past the free edge, and after holding the popit in place for 20 seconds, when I turn the hand over to clear it, its cured beyond a point where I can get rid of it, so have had to clip the excess off after removing the popit (although this doesnt seem to have affected the finished nails).

I'll bob back over to Leeds when Gigi does another day in Feb and see if I can pick up some more tips.

2) lots of extra product is going way past the free edge, and after holding the popit in place for 20 seconds, when I turn the hand over to clear it, its cured beyond a point where I can get rid of it, so have had to clip the excess off after removing the popit (although this doesnt seem to have affected the finished nails).

I'll bob back over to Leeds when Gigi does another day in Feb and see if I can pick up some more tips.

Chelle if you hold the opoit with the thumb and turn over the nail whilst holding in place... you can use your brush to smooth out excess product so the overhang doesn't occur. Also, 10 seconds is enough I think to hold in place but many are Popping Off before they should which may account for less shiny finish... aslo if you use it anymore than 3 times, the shine goes!:!:

thanks for that becki, i think it may be that i'm taking them off too soon which was a possibility i also had thought of.
anna

Can you re use popits?
I've tried but the tips are coming of yellow so I think they must be contaminated from the previous use.
I did a set just pink last night and they where absolutely appaling, about 3 mil thick at the free edge, I am doing great on pink and whites but last night was a real bummer of a set, by the time i let go of the popit the product had cured too much to smooth out underneat.
Any news if there is going to be a demo in dublin anytome soon??

Can you re use popits?
I've tried but the tips are coming of yellow so I think they must be contaminated from the previous use.
I did a set just pink last night and they where absolutely appaling, about 3 mil thick at the free edge, I am doing great on pink and whites but last night was a real bummer of a set, by the time i let go of the popit the product had cured too much to smooth out underneat.
Any news if there is going to be a demo in dublin anytome soon??

Yes you can re-use PopIts up to 3 times before they are 'used up' so to speak. The shine of the finish goes dull after that.

There should be no reason for yellowing regarding PopIts ... the PopIts do not become contaminated ... you will have to look at other causes.

The thickness of the final nails is entirely under YOUR control, not that of the PopIt. This is just the same when doing handmade nails ... you are in control of the application so the final result is down to you alone. More pressure as well as using less product = a thinner result.

I'm sure you can request a PopIt demo in Dublin any time you like. The girls there at the academy I'm certain would be glad to do a demo for you.

You must leave the PopIts on for an appropriate amount of time (at least 3 minutes) before removing if you want a super shiny finish to them.

Look at the instruction sheet in the tutorial section ... all this information is there. Have fun.

Hi all! My computer has been down over all of xmas and new year i'm so glad to finally be back online! I bought my popits on the launch week at leeds and have tried clear over a white tip and NNOs. Have had NNOs on for almost 5 weeks now with no probs at all the popits are absolutely fab especially with coloured acrylics!!! And I found when re-balancing (using the popit-not the traditional way) taking the whole overlay down quite thin and using the popit to overlay the nail again (quite a waste of product i know) was quicker than I thought it would be. Then you get the same super shiney perfect result with hardly any filing and no buffing to do. Just my opinion but I'll deffo be using them on clients come summertime when I have had more of a fiddle. And thanks for the popits masterclass certificate Geeg didn't realise we would be getting one! :biggrin:

hi everyone.
i am getting on with my popits very well, hopefully going to make it to manchester to see the expert first hand.
my own nails are ready for rebalancing and was hoping someone could help me on the best way to do this?

hi everyone.
i am getting on with my popits very well, hopefully going to make it to manchester to see the expert first hand.
my own nails are ready for rebalancing and was hoping someone could help me on the best way to do this?

Re balancing is pretty straight forward, Louise so don't worry about it.

Prepare your nails for a re balance as you always do. Make sure you thin zone 1 down well and also go over zone 2 and 3 thinning the vertical apex area down.

As with any rebalance, if you are going to add product you need to remove some first or they will tend to get thicker and thicker.

Finally, fill the PopIt and apply over the whole nail once again, and the re balance is completed.

thanks geeg, i thought that was the way but just wanted to be 100% i love the shape you get from them although i am a skilled technician so its just a great add on for me! this will definate help some of my staff who are still fine tuning their skills and can only see this as a bonus to any business!
I will let you know how i get on,see you at manchester, hopefully bringing some of my staff too as i think it will befefit them the most!
Thanks again!
ooh and a big thanks to samantha if she reads this for getting back to me so soon today with the images i requested!
great service as always!

LOuise

Do you have to have done the CND conversion course? I am a qualified nail tech but not with CND and haven't done them for a while either which puts me off.

You can use whatever product yo are used to using with PopIts so no worries there.

If you haven't done nails for awhile, then using PopIts is an even better option, they will do the work for ya!

I have been working hard at figuring poppits out with gel.

I have recently used the metal hair clips, bent, as suggested by another geek.
This resolved the bubble issue.
I also seem to have figured out the quantity of gel that needs to be in the poppit, and don't overfill (ok, the occasional one has seepage at the free edge that I wipe away before curing, but I'm getting decent results now).

BUT....

I still seem to get seepage at the eponychium area. I can't put the poppit under the eponychium as suggested because then later as it grows out, any seepage will have started lifting.
So, I place it a bit further down (like I would with the gel if applied by brush) and then wipe with a clean brush, any gel that has seeped out.

I can't seem to get it 'flush' without filing afterwards. Which the whole point is NOT to file.:cry: There tends to be a 'ridge'...

What am I doing wrong? This seepage at the eponychium is doing my nut in:grr:

I want to get this right SO bad. I love that everything is perfect (or near perfect) with poppits and that the shine is already there, so no need to gloss. No waste of product that has to be filed off afterwards...
Save time, save product....
I want to make this work.

pretty please....... HELP

Ladies ladies ladies ....

The whole point of using PopIts is to do a quick service that looks beautiful with no buffing in 30 minutes! IF you start playing around doing pink and white sculpts and fancy dancy nails, then you loose the whole point of using them because it will take much longer than 30 minutes, in which case, you might as well do the nails by hand.

Use PopIts for a one colour overlay over a white tip or a natural tip or for cusatom blended manicures on short nail beds.. AND THAT'S IT. They are what they are. They are not hand-made nails.

POpIts is an extra fast service for your clients who want it. And plenty will. NO dust, no drills, quick time, beautiful shape, no buffing .... FAB!

Victoria, pm me and I will tell you how to loose the 'bump'. I'll be showing this on my 'PopIt tour' next week but will not disclose it on the site until I have demoed it to those who come to see PopIts in action.

Latest posts

Back