All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies ladies ladies ....

The whole point of using PopIts is to do a quick service that looks beautiful with no buffing in 30 minutes! IF you start playing around doing pink and white sculpts and fancy dancy nails, then you loose the whole point of using them because it will take much longer than 30 minutes, in which case, you might as well do the nails by hand.

Use PopIts for a one colour overlay over a white tip or a natural tip or for cusatom blended manicures on short nail beds.. AND THAT'S IT. They are what they are. They are not hand-made nails.

POpIts is an extra fast service for your clients who want it. And plenty will. NO dust, no drills, quick time, beautiful shape, no buffing .... FAB!

Victoria, pm me and I will tell you how to loose the 'bump'. I'll be showing this on my 'PopIt tour' next week but will not disclose it on the site until I have demoed it to those who come to see PopIts in action.

Its silly really because its so obvious when someone else says it, but I've been struggling with this concept and it all makes sense now!! I've been a bit disheartened that I cant do p&w with popits.

I have solved the problems with air bubbles and lifting, a bit of practice is all it takes, and I'm now really proud of my popit nails. Its school holidays and my 12 year old was wittering for some nails, so I've agreed to let her have some for the school hols. I did some popits on her, white tips, they'e short (her only being 12 and all that) and honestly they are beautiful, wasted on a 12 yeard old in fact!!

I'm really looking forward to offering them to my clients now. I work in a hair salon, and I think it will be amazing to be able to offer nails to hair clients who decided on impulse that they would like some done, but dont have the time. Also, I can accommodate for folks that want a quick set in their lunch hour on on their way home in the evening.

Now that I've got my head around the purpose of these babies (with the help of Geeg - thanks!), I'm really looking forward to using them how they were intended.

But Gigi, I'm having fun:hug: Yes I think its bril that I can (when I get the right tips:rolleyes:) give a client a tip thats as strong as a sculpt, but I'm having a great time sculpting on me with a pop IT I'm going to play with glitter next and maybe inbeding :green:
I am inspired, and on my self I have always been limited in what my right hand has been able to do, now my left hand can create for my left hand.
How cool is that?:lol:

Well both SusieH and 'chelle have got the point.

Use them for what they were intended and HAVE FUN with them.

AS I HAVE SAID ALL ALONG ... heh hum ... PopIts are not intended to REPLACE hand made nails but to augment the service choices for your clients. Use them. Make them your own ... let them make a difference to your salon revenue ... market the service and make them SING.

i bought these and flippin love it but
when i do pink and white i seem to squidge them together and they mix
am i pressing too tight or am i supposed to let the white stand for a few mins?

i bought these and flippin love it but
when i do pink and white i seem to squidge them together and they mix
am i pressing too tight or am i supposed to let the white stand for a few mins?
Let the white stand until semi set (pinching stage - if you do that. My trick is todo2 or three with the white and then go back tonumber one and apply the pink and then ap0ply to the nail.

I gave the popits ago last week on myself and im loving them...ok i got a few bubbles on one thumb and on one index finger but all in all i think ive done good.

Last time gigi was at leeds i was poorly and couldnt make it but i hope to get there next time to pick up on anything i can do to make them look even better.

My sister in-law is a natural and nothing else and every 2 weeks will have a new set unless i can persuade her to have infills but i did her pink overlay over a natural tip using the popits and shes in love with the high shine lol she also loves the appearence of the thiness you get with them, she phones me everyday to say they still look like new and she will give me a ring tomorrow to let me know if she wants a new set or not. (I think these might be the ones she has infills on instead of a new set all the time)

Just one question though, i find the smallest isnt small enough for some people who have asked for them, even on my self #9 is a little big...Gigi how can i get round this problem please.

Ps...just to say she has a new set every 2 weeks as shes quite high maintainance and everything has to be just so, spick and span, like new, no flaws...not because im crap at nails and they lift and dont last lol

Trim the PopIt down the sides and pretaylor as you would do a tip and make it fit.

I finally got my poppits but I tried them on a client today - just plain natural pink acrylic and found that when placing them on the nail and holding the popit down on the nail, that the acrylic seeped under. what do I do?

Either too much product in poppit or pressing too much, the pressure should be light.

There are numerous threads relating to this problem, just do a wee serch for more info.:)

Here is a set we did on Mcguire's very short nails at the Manchester Demo.

McGuire Popits A.jpg
Mcguire popits B.jpg
Enjoy

Here is one trick I shared with the hundreds of geeks that turned up to the demo days in Manchester, London and /Glasgow.

To have perfect refinement at the Eponychium and no lump, bump or ridge:

1. Hold the PopIt in your non-dominant hand (with your thumb underneath and and index finger on the top) at the free edge... with the curved side facing up and the eponychium end facing you. Now you can see exactly what you are doing!

2. Holding a pair of curved scissors in your dominant hand in the normal way. but with the curved side facing upward ...

3. Start to trim away the skirt, frill, pelmet or free margin portion of the PopIt, from the corner of the eponychium right round to the other corner making sure you round both corners as you go. Make sure you trim along the line where the 'skirt' hangs down, NO MORE.

4. The result should be smooth and rounded pretty much like the cuticle line of the natural nail.

5. Apply the PopIt as per instructions using a gentle pressure as you lower it onto the nail plate.

The finished result will be beautifully smooth and no bump.

Here is one trick I shared with the hundreds of geeks that turned up to the demo days in Manchester, London and /Glasgow.

To have perfect refinement at the Eponychium and no lump, bump or ridge:

1. Hold the PopIt in your non-dominant hand (with your thumb underneath and and index finger on the top) at the free edge... with the curved side facing up and the eponychium end facing you. Now you can see exactly what you are doing!

2. Holding a pair of curved scissors in your dominant hand in the normal way. but with the curved side facing upward ...

3. Start to trim away the skirt, frill, pelmet or free margin portion of the PopIt, from the corner of the eponychium right round to the other corner making sure you round both corners as you go. Make sure you trim along the line where the 'skirt' hangs down, NO MORE.

4. The result should be smooth and rounded pretty much like the cuticle line of the natural nail.

5. Apply the PopIt as per instructions using a gentle pressure as you lower it onto the nail plate.

The finished result will be beautifully smooth and no bump.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the "skirt" was there for a purpose? To prevent "seapage"? And that the "skirt" was what differed popits from the others?

C.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the "skirt" was there for a purpose? To prevent "seapage"? And that the "skirt" was what differed popits from the others?

C.

You are correct, but I have found that if trimmed correctly along the line (because of the way they are constructed), they work without seepage and no bump.

The 'skirt' is still in place around the side walls.

If this technique did not work, then I wouldn't have published it. It works perfectly as I demonstrated hundreds of times in front of hundreds of people during the last week.

ive just recived my first popits,

had three attempts but im getting a blob under the free edge area.
can you tell me where i am going wrong.

im following guides from sweet squared but i need help please

thank you
What to do is after you have held the popit on the nail for a few seconds turn the hand over and use your brush to smooth out any overspill that might seep under your free edge.:hug:

What to do is after you have held the popit on the nail for a few seconds turn the hand over and use your brush to smooth out any overspill that might seep under your free edge.:hug:

or if you are not quick enough(been there frequently!!!) you can use a probe/chisel if the l/p is harder

hi i had a play with my popits last night and i got them so they dont overflow and they cover the nail properly. only one problem.....the look like lemonade loads of tiny bubbles. i let each bead rest and spread when i put it in the mold and gigi said the other day but it still is bubbly?????? any ideas.......
thanks all

could it be that i am patting the product too much?????

Yep, bubbles are still a problem for me at the moment. I guess lots of practice will solve this eventually.

Problem is you don't really notice the bubbles until the product has set and then it is harder to file off and start again. I can see this being a problem if you have to soak of every nail that has bubbles.

But I still love them as after almost 2 weeks on there is no lifting which is a record for my own nails! I will practice till I drop!

could it be that i am patting the product too much?????
You shouldn't be patting the product hun,
pick it up,
place into the pop it,
let the bead settle then in one go press the bead then apply to the nail,
hey presto no more bubbles hth

Tips are not the enemy lol

Went to the demo in Glasgow, and Gigi has now converted me to tips (well for use with popits anyhoo lol) The system is amazing went home and did my nails in 30mins flat the shine is so impressive and virtually no filing to do which is my pet hate...lol

Have a few questions though,
As the popit leaves a slight ridge if I were to file this down (as it would'nt take long) would I be able to get the same shine buffing it as the rest of the nail ? (When I cut the skirt out at the bottom it went a bit funky so decided against doing that)

When doing an infill would you treat it as more of a rebalance? just thinking if you are using a popit for infill it will have to go over the full nail and not using enough product gives an uneven finish, and would'nt want it to be thick so file it down more like a rebalance?

thanks xxxx

well I want to give these a go with Brisa gel! Can they be used for an nno or are they just designed to be used with tips?

Latest posts

Back