All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I want to give these a go with Brisa gel! Can they be used for an nno or are they just designed to be used with tips?

Both hun,nno's are very sucessfull as they allow you to fully cap the fe,hth's x

ouch! for the last few times ive used popits ive had burning pain (like when you put gel under the uv lamp!)it only lasts a few seconds but wondered what i was doing wrong as nobody complained of this at the demo

ouch! for the last few times ive used popits ive had burning pain (like when you put gel under the uv lamp!)it only lasts a few seconds but wondered what i was doing wrong as nobody complained of this at the demo

That is an exothermic reaction which generates heat and when using l+p is usually caused by applying too much product. As the l+p bgins to polymerise the molecules rub together as they try and find their 'place' in the ehancement - that causes friction which in turn causes heat.....

People with thin nail plates can get it too.

Does that help??

yeah that clears it up!
mine are quite thick and chunky at the mine i seem to get a bit bead happy with them!:irked:
ill give it a try with less product and see if thats any better! thank u xxx:hug:

the heat sensation is much more noticeable when you ratio is wetter with liquid and powder.

The sensation is more noticeable when the product is applied too thickly or on a thinned out and more sensitive nail .... it is not always an incorrect mix ratio.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it.

I have one colour natural popit nails on at the moment and I am sure that on a couple it looks as if I have picked the wrong size, they look a little sort at the side walls so maybe I have picked one too small? I also have a nail that looks as if I have picked the size too big.

My question is, when sizing are you to pick one that is a little smaller than the nail, bigger than the nail or one that looks exactly the same size as the nail?

Please don't think its a stupid question, I'm just not sure,

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it.

I have one colour natural popit nails on at the moment and I am sure that on a couple it looks as if I have picked the wrong size, they look a little sort at the side walls so maybe I have picked one too small? I also have a nail that looks as if I have picked the size too big.

My question is, when sizing are you to pick one that is a little smaller than the nail, bigger than the nail or one that looks exactly the same size as the nail?

Please don't think its a stupid question, I'm just not sure,

It's a very good question!!

Pick a size that lines up perfectly with the sidewalls of the tipped nail.

If you are an inbetweenie, then choose the larger size and trim the sides a little in the same way you would pretailor a tip to fit, and this should do the trick.

GOOD question!

Thank you!!!

I now know what I was doing, I think I must have been going too small thinking that that way I'd ensure there was no product touching the sidewall if there were to be any seapage,

Thanks again xx

The little 'skirt' around the sides will prortect the free margin even if you trim it sllightly to fit.

You can trim it all off at the back and this will ensure NO BUMP. I have had no problem with seepage if your pressure is light and not too much product in the PopIt. A little practise will ensure you do it right every time.

Just bumping this up to see how you are all getting on with trying to stop bubbles in poppits.

I have done 2 sets since and both had very very small bubbles, although both clients were so impressed with the shine that this really wasn't an issue.
However it is an issue for me so I will keep on going till using these becomes as comfortable as sclupting. I'm sure it will come in time!

I tried a different method on my sister though as an experiment. I applied nat tips and then applied the white powder onto the tip in the normal way. I then filled the poppit with the pink. The result was fab, very natural and of course super shiney! Problem is it took me 2 hours! I normally take around 1.15 hours! I am putting this down to me taking my time and waiting for some nails to set before going on with others.

I have to say though that even if using poppits takes me as long as before I will still choose to use them for the super adhesion and shine.

Hopefully you are all doing well with them?:)

I have found the best way to get rid of the bubbles is by applying one larger bead inside the popit and then leave a minute before applying to the nail.:)

Ok, I went to see Geeg nearly two weeks ago now, and she did a popit on one of my nails, the other nine are still sporting my own creations.

The popit that Geeg did is still well and truly on there, that baby's going nowhere!! No lift or even any suggestion of it, and in fact I would even say its stronger than my others, and the others aren't badly applied at all.

Lou said something earlier in the post, which i believe is the key to this, and in fact this is the way Geeg applied my popit:

1) Try to pick up your bead in one go if you can (ie one bead to cover the whole nail)

2) LET THE BEAD REST - DONT START POKING IT ABOUT (I think this is the most important bit

3) When the bead has settled, give it ONE press with your brush to disperse it to the sides of the popit.

4) Apply the popit, use gentle pressure to hold it in place, you dont need to grip on to it for dear life.

Now, this is exactly as Geeg did mine, and as I said, its the strongest and nicest looking of all my nails at the moment. I explained to Geeg that my popits were inconsistent, and I think I found the answer. I did some popits for my daughter, and being only a youngster so to speak, I kind of rushed them. I put the product in the popit, pressed in once, and on the nail it went. Now, those nails were wasted on her let me tell you!! Then, I did my mums, I took my time, made sure the product was well placed in the popit (ie I messed with it more) and hey ho they were full of bubbles.

Since then I did another couple of sets, I have tried to pick up one bead, and followed the instructions as above, no more bubbles. In fact, Popits are now on my menu!

Thats very encouraging Michelle, and thanks for your detailed reply.

Hopefully in a few weeks time we will all look back and laugh and our concerns over bubbles!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have found the best way to get rid of the bubbles is by applying one larger bead inside the popit and then leave a minute before applying to the nail.:)

I would not suggest leaving the product for a minute!!!! 10 seconds maybe but a minute?? No nono. the product would be setting up if you left it that long.

Hello Gigi and Fellow Geeks!

Thanks so much for the Glasgow demo - I had a great time, and it was fantastic to see the Popits in action! I've done one set and am about to do another (on myself) tonight, but I had a question:

What size brush were you (Gigi) using? I've only got an 8, and I don't think I was using a big enough brush to avoid air bubbles. I want to order another but was unsure of the size to get!

I do love these things, though - I can't wait to do another set!!

Hello Gigi and Fellow Geeks!

Thanks so much for the Glasgow demo - I had a great time, and it was fantastic to see the Popits in action! I've done one set and am about to do another (on myself) tonight, but I had a question:

What size brush were you (Gigi) using? I've only got an 8, and I don't think I was using a big enough brush to avoid air bubbles. I want to order another but was unsure of the size to get!

I do love these things, though - I can't wait to do another set!!

Hi again ... it was great to meet you in Glasgow.

I was using the CND Ultra Sculptor brush. You will love it. Lorraine has it of course in Glasgow. It is an exeptional brush.

I bought the CND Ultra Sculptor brush that Geeg used in Cumbernauld - what a difference - money well spent!

After hearing so much about "PopIts" I think I have figured out what they are. The video that I found at the Ys Nails website, that was in Spanish, referred to them as "Dual System Forms". What do they mean by dual system?
Looks like it would work good for pre-made art.

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing so much about "Poppits" I think I have figured out what they are. The video that I found at the Ys Nails website, that was in Spanish, referred to them as "Dual System Forms". What do they mean by dual system?
Looks like it would work good for pre-made art.

WELL THEY ARE BRILLIANT!!

They work with L&P and gels that is why they are Dual System.
YS Nails is mentioned again and again in this thread and if you read it you will see all sorts of applications you can do with them.

In the UK we call them PopIts/Dual System Forms. But now everyone just calls them PopIts.

Where are you from ... your profile says very little about you.

Today, after reading through this thread again and again, I have done a flipping fantastic set of nails using the POPITS!!!! Gigi helped me with some advise the other day ((( Thanks sooooo much!!!))), and today I sat and took my time. Hardly touched the product once in the POPIT. I moved the POPIT around so the L&P went around the POPIT. I held it on place for alot longer....cuz I was cold!! and I am now sporting an amazing set. I used Gigi's free edge mix and made a pink with a little flawless added. It's a little too pink on the nail bed, something I will adjust for my rebalance.
I am one happy bunny,,,,,,will pop a piccy on here when I get y camera back off my daughter!!

Latest posts

Back