All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do you only use it when doing the white gel last? If you did your zone 1 white first then used cool blue and cured, would you have to IPA this before you started the pink?
If you watch the video you will see we are using the reverse method on an extreme nail so your pink zones will have already been cured before doing zone one with the white. If you use this trick, it is the LAST thing you do to that zone one to perfect it before curing.

Last edited:
Silly question but what do you use to clean the brush after using the smoothing gel?

Silly question but what do you use to clean the brush after using the smoothing gel?
Not a silly question at all.
You can clean your brush by wiping with D.Sperse or isopropyl alcohol on a lint free pad. It is not necessary to clean every bit of gel out of the brush. Just store and then before you use it again, work a little gel into your brush to soften it before application.

Never use acetone on the synthetic 'hair' of a gel brush or you will ruin it for good!

No it doesn't. If it did we would not be recommending it much less putting it on a CND training video. :)

Sure, it just baffled me for a minute as I had never heard of it........I will be giving it a go though as it makes perfect sense! :biggrin:

Sure, it just baffled me for a minute as I had never heard of it........I will be giving it a go though as it makes perfect sense! :biggrin:
I would say that 99% of techs don't know this trick ... They will now thanks to CND training! :Love:

You would only have heard of it if you were on the competition circuit or knew a competitor who. shared it with you. The effects of using this trick have been thoroughly tested in our CND laboratory I can assure you!

Not a silly question at all.
You can clean your brush by wiping with D.Sperse or isopropyl alcohol on a lint free pad. It is not necessary to clean every bit of gel out of the brush. Just store and then before you use it again, work a little gel into your brush to soften it before application.

Never use acetone on the synthetic 'hair' of a gel brush or you will ruin it for good!

Thank you geeg! I'm glad I no now. Hope this helps others too :)

If a client wanted extensions but just wanted a natural look I would normally use natural tips and clear gel over (not brisa) but with brisa lite you are meant to use clear tips, does the finished extension not look see-through?? How would you do natural looking extensions. I hope you you understand what I'm trying to say.

If a client wanted extensions but just wanted a natural look I would normally use natural tips and clear gel over (not brisa) but with brisa lite you are meant to use clear tips, does the finished extension not look see-through?? How would you do natural looking extensions. I hope you you understand what I'm trying to say.

Sorry don't know the answer but your quote mad me laugh out loud:p

I've looked through the whole thread and can't fin my answer (hopefully i'm not blind and missed it:Scared:)

Can i infill normal hard gel (so Brisa, nsi etc) with Brisa Lite? i ask because i am starting to get phone calls from people for infills on sets that are not mine. i would not want to turn them away so how would the whole process work? would i buff off as much of the hard gel that i can and then apply Brisa Lite?

I hope you understand what i mean :p

It is really easy to mix a more natural free edge colour by using the soft pink as a base and add some of the bright white to it until it is the colour you want for the natural-look over the clear tip. You could also 'dilute' the white with the clear gel but I think using the pink is the prettier option. (it does not look pink when you have done it.) Save any old empty gel pots and it will keep perfectly.

I've looked through the whole thread and can't fin my answer (hopefully i'm not blind and missed it:Scared:)

Can i infill normal hard gel (so Brisa, nsi etc) with Brisa Lite? i ask because i am starting to get phone calls from people for infills on sets that are not mine. i would not want to turn them away so how would the whole process work? would i buff off as much of the hard gel that i can and then apply Brisa Lite?

Good question. That is all you can do really, and hope that the effect is still nice.

has a method of application for Swarovski Crystal Toes been discussed?

Many techs use Soak Off Gels for the SCT's as Shellac (in my experience) is not strong enough to hold the stones without Gelbond on free edge.

Now we have a SOG (so happy about this fact, i'm now smiling as i type this!) it makes sense that i take full advantage of this....

so my question re : SCTs - do we use sculptured gel or smoothing gel?

whichever is used I assume we place crystals in gel layer and topcoat over?

I think my question's been missed, us geeks discovering the coolblue trick has probably not helped.. Lol! X

I think my question's been missed, us geeks discovering the coolblue trick has probably not helped.. Lol! X

I think you will just have to try it and see how it goes. If the crystals work well with gel then why wouldn't it be the same for the CND gels? Shellac is not gel! :)

We know that Brisa Lite gels are both tougher and have better adhesion than other gels so the future looks bright for what you want to try.

Sorry your question got buried.

It has just been pointed out to me by one of our clever SEA (South East Asian brilliant Shellackers) that she is already Offering Shellac to men.

Plenty of men want their nails to look well groomed, be protected; plenty of men have slight imperfections etc. a tiny bit of mattei effect and you cant even tell it is there toughening and protecting. ........ voila, a new market and more new clients. :biggrin:

I take it with the coolblue trick, we should only use coolblue? Would other similar hand sanitizers work?

I've just ran out! typical, I'm using the detol one till I get supplies on Monday.

I take it with the coolblue trick, we should only use coolblue? Would other similar hand sanitizers work?

I've just ran out! typical, I'm using the detol one till I get supplies on Monday.

I would not. Definitely not. Have some patience woman and get the right thing that has been tested. Other sanitisers contain many more ingredients. Now behave!

this question has got me wondering too?;-)

This thread has been awesome, and I appreciate the steps for the smoothing gel with regular polish, but I have two questions. First, I'm just curious why you wouldn't base coat/smoothing gel/top coat/wipe- then polish? If you put the polish on the cured smoothing gel (as the steps indicate), can you remove it without bothering the gel? My plan was to complete the smoothing gel application on myself (including topcoat), then use regular polish, and remove with acetone free remover, and re-polish whenever I feel like it because I like to practice nail art on myself and I get bored :)

So, is this ok to do?

This thread has been awesome, and I appreciate the steps for the smoothing gel with regular polish, but I have two questions. First, I'm just curious why you wouldn't base coat/smoothing gel/top coat/wipe- then polish? If you put the polish on the cured smoothing gel (as the steps indicate), can you remove it without bothering the gel? My plan was to complete the smoothing gel application on myself (including topcoat), then use regular polish, and remove with acetone free remover, and re-polish whenever I feel like it because I like to practice nail art on myself and I get bored :)

So, is this ok to do?

It will SEEM ok to do the first time, but remember how Brisa Lite is broken down- with Acetone. And even non-acetone remover HAS ACETONE.

So eventually, the product will start to break down with repeated polish changes. Tradtional Brisa is a much better option in this case, as an NNO. :)

If you watch the video you will see we are using the reverse method on an extreme nail so your pink zones will have already been cured before doing zone one with the white. If you use this trick, it is the LAST thing you do to that zone one to perfect it before curing.

Thanks Geeg. Yes I watched the video, it's amazing!

I understand that was the reverse method, but what I would like to know is if you are not doing the reverse method, and doing your white first, would you ever use the cool blue trick? If you did, would you need to wipe with IPA before starting with you pink?

Sorry I'm not very good at explaining myself, I hope I haven't made myself sound stupid! Just waiting for my training...:Scared:

Latest posts

Back