All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't mean to be a party pooper but I'm confused about the removal time of the BL sculpting gel. I believe that earlier Geeg mentioned that there is no need to file (but I might have been dreaming) but the video shows to file the gel to a thin layer and then wrap and soak for 30 min.
I was hoping to just have the assistant wrap the nails as I'm finishing an earlier appointment and by 30 min the product will be ready to reapply...

Realistically how long would you say that the whole removal process takes. Filing most of the product off to a thin layer (thickness of Smoothing layer) is more then just "roughing up the surface".
Filing the BL sculpting would take maybe 10 min? Then applying the foils 2 min, then 30 min of soaking and then maybe 5 min to clean off the nails? So about 45 min?

I guess for returning clients it would be better to rebalance the gel by filing and reapplying. Filing for a rebalance takes me about 20-25 min (including cuticle work etc). If Brisa Lite is easy to file then maybe I will stick to filing?

How do you find this works in real salon life?

I must admit that bit of the video confused me too!!

I must admit that bit of the video confused me too!!
We prepared the Sculpting gel for removal extremely quickly ... It files extremely quickly ...you only need to reduce the central vertical apex as the rest of the enhancement is thin so you are not filing near to the natural nail. It really only took minutes (about 10). Now if the nails are made as thick as door steps it is going to take you longer to file but these nails are not made like doorsteps. :biggrin:

There is nothing confusing about having to do a little filing. We did not reduce the product to paper thin .... We wrapped and it actually took us 20 minutes to remove in the foil and cotton. We did not use the CND wraps as these are for Shellac and if you are going to wrap for 20-30 minutes you need a larger pad for your CND Nourishing Remover.

Anna, I know you trust me. ... Don't worry about it. It files quickly and it removes easily. I would say with the nails you make you can file and wrap and have the job done in 30 minutes. Even if it took longer it would be worth it for the no nail damage and while the client is soaking, you have time for another client service. :biggrin::biggrin:

As an example of how easy it is to file ... You have to be very light handed when file finishing or you will go through the gel and loose your white corners if not careful ... I use only a 240 buffer for finish filing and I go carefully on those sides and eponychium areas!

Anna, I know you trust me. ... Don't worry about it. It files quickly and it removes easily. I would say with the nails you make you can file and wrap and have the job done in 30 minutes. Even if it took longer it would be worth it for the no nail damage and while the client is soaking, you have time for another client service. :biggrin::biggrin:

Oh I'm not doubting the benefits of the product :biggrin:
I'm just over thinking everything (I mentioned OCD lol). I should just wait till can can work with it ;)

Thank you Gigi for explaining everything!:Love:

PS. We are having a major snow storm today and we closed the salon for the day :(
Instead of cleaning the house here I am- glued to Salon Geek

That god it is Friday. I have got my 'silver bag'. And loved doing my own nails with the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. Followed by the my favourite Shellac Midnight Swim. Wow, looks great, gel went on so well, didn't move by the one I got to my thumb, cured well. Loving it so much.
I'm like a stick of rock, slice me in half and I'm CND all the way through!!!!:Love:

As an example of how easy it is to file ... You have to be very light handed when file finishing or you will go through the gel and loose your white corners if not careful ... I use only a 240 buffer for finish filing and I go carefully on those sides and eponychium areas!

Very true!! I was finishing with a blizzard file on my nail trainer yesterday and went straight through my white on the corners. I totally overestimated the amount of filling required!

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Oh thanks for your answer.
The dual form system only works with acrylic ...

Regarding the treatment speed,if we just paste tips,
Does the sculpting gel save more time then the Dfs with acrylic ?

Oh thanks for your answer.
The dual form system only works with acrylic ...

Regarding the treatment speed,if we just paste tips,
Does the sculpting gel save more time then the Dfs with acrylic ?

It can work with gel, but it is awkward as you have to find a way to secure the forms to the finger. Then you have to cure and then cure again as the forms are not clear. You save on filling but you loose on curing twice.

Sculpting does not save more time, no. But if you are good it doesn't take loads more time. Depends how quick your service time is and how good YOU are at what you do. We work by hand on the hour every hour. That's quick enough for our clients..

hi

not sure if this is the right place to post this on ... could you ask/feedback for a change to the either the Brisa Lite Base or Top Coat bottles so that its clearer which one you are using ... just like the Shellac Base and Top Coats

many thanks

kx

Just found out this is already in hand !! AMAZING :green:

happy saturday all !

kx

hi

not sure if this is the right place to post this on ... could you ask/feedback for a change to the either the Brisa Lite Base or Top Coat bottles so that its clearer which one you are using ... just like the Shellac Base and Top Coats

many thanks

kx

I have been using Brisa for years and in fact was one of the 'testers' for it when CND were first formulating it. Despite all that experience, I found my training last weekend with Brisa lite Removable Sculpting gel of great value for the product knowledge, which to me is essential to work smart with any product, and for the workability, the tips and tricks etc. I can never for the life of me understand why anyone with any intelligence would even contemplate not training with a product that is new to them and completely new to and a FIRST in the industry.?

You know, if after 30 years experience I feel I need training when something completely new comes along .. Can you just Imagine the arrogance of those who think they don't? :D Then those same people come here to Salon Geek complaining that its the products that don't work!! In 9 times out of ten, it turns out the person never had a class and didn't think they needed one .... Giant yawn ... Hello?

Couldn't agree more, I love training and train in everything that comes out new ( not just to do with nails), I wouldn't feel confident doing it on a client without the training, I have all my certificates on my walls and am proud of them. Everytime I train I always learn something new or a trick, or just meeting other beauty colleagues and comparing notes or experiences. Very important!

We prepared the Sculpting gel for removal extremely quickly ... It files extremely quickly ...you only need to reduce the central vertical apex as the rest of the enhancement is thin so you are not filing near to the natural nail. It really only took minutes (about 10). Now if the nails are made as thick as door steps it is going to take you longer to file but these nails are not made like doorsteps. :biggrin:

There is nothing confusing about having to do a little filing. We did not reduce the product to paper thin .... We wrapped and it actually took us 20 minutes to remove in the foil and cotton. We did not use the CND wraps as these are for Shellac and if you are going to wrap for 20-30 minutes you need a larger pad for your CND Nourishing Remover.

So if I've sculpted or tipped a set or even a single nail and then shellacked will I have to file the shellac off and reduce the sculpting gel before wrapping? I was under the impression when it first came out that I could just wrap the whole lot for half and hour and voila!

So if I've sculpted or tipped a set or even a single nail and then shellacked will I have to file the shellac off and reduce the sculpting gel before wrapping? I was under the impression when it first came out that I could just wrap the whole lot for half and hour and voila!

Then you were under the wrong impression and certainly we have never said there was no reduction of product involved when using the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel.

If you want the job to take longer than 30 minutes, you can just wrap and leave it but I prefer to get the job done as quickly as possible and I THINK 30 MINUTES with an enhancement gel is phenomenal especially as there is no other soak off enhancement gel in the world other than Brisa Lite. :green:

I've had a question about using Brisa light Smoothing gel on really weak bendy natural nails.

Brisa lite smoothing gel is the perfect option on clients nails that need a little extra strength or to smooth a ridged or uneven surface.

For clients whose nails need much more strength because they are very flexible naturally or from much damage, those nails require the stronger option of Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel.

You need to understand your products and what they do so that you can make the correct choices for your clients. Use your logic in determining the right options.

Nails with extreme problems need more extreme solutions but with no nail plate buffing. Don't disappoint clients or yourself by giving them the wrong option. Soon you will have a helpful tool to aid you in choosing the correct solutions for each and every client.
:biggrin:

Last edited:
geeg Soon you will have a helpful tool to aid you in choosing the correct solutions for each and every client. :biggrin:[/QUOTE said:
Interesting , what have CND got up their sleeves this time :biggrin: x

Interesting , what have CND got up their sleeves this time :biggrin: x

Just something very useful so we can serve our professionals and make life a little easier at the same time. :Love: you know the CND mantra and mission! :biggrin:

STP

Just something very useful so we can serve our professionals and make life a little easier at the same time. :Love: you know the CND mantra and mission! :biggrin:

STP

Spoil The Professional :Love::lol:

I've had a question about using Brisa light Smoothing gel on really weak bendy natural nails.

Brisa lite smoothing gel is the perfect option on clients nails that need a little extra strength or to smooth a ridged or uneven surface.

For clients whose nails need much more strength because they are very flexible naturally or from much damage, those nails require the stronger option of Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel.

You need to understand your products and what they do so that you can make the correct choices for your clients. Use your logic in determining the right options.

Nails with extreme problems need more extreme solutions but with no nail plate buffing. Don't disappoint clients or yourself by giving them the wrong option. Soon you will have a helpful tool to aid you in choosing the correct solutions for each and every client.
:biggrin:

So if I had a client that needed that extra strength with sculpting gel as an overlay under shellac would I on her next appointment just buff off the shellac - refill the sculpting gel and reapply shellac?

So if I had a client that needed that extra strength with sculpting gel as an overlay under shellac would I on her next appointment just buff off the shellac - refill the sculpting gel and reapply shellac?

You can do just that!

You can do just that!
Great so I would just treat it like I would an L&P natural overlay minus the buffing of the natural nail and no primers win win :)

Just one more quicky, If I'm reapplying Shellac over the sculpting would I skip using the brisa top coat and shellac base? As I would if appling it over L&P's?

Great so I would just treat it like I would an L&P natural overlay minus the buffing of the natural nail and no primers win win :)

Just one more quicky, If I'm reapplying Shellac over the sculpting would I skip using the brisa top coat and shellac base? As I would if appling it over L&P's?

Some people like to use the Shellac base coat if they have filing scratches from finishing , but you do not HAVE to if you'd rather not.

Latest posts

Back