All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people like to use the Shellac base coat if they have filing scratches from finishing , but you do not HAVE to if you'd rather not.

Yes I find if I'm doing a sheer colour or french its best to base, just wanted to check that it wouldn't effect the Brisa if it wasn't needed :)

Thanks again :Love:

Hope this isn't a daft question, but sometimes clients have rather ridged toe nails so when applying minx, especially say the gold lightening minx, the ridges tend to.show. Would it be a good idea to use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel then applying Minx over it? If so would I apply base, smoothing gel, top coat then minx or would I leave out the top coat part? Many thanks x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Hope this isn't a daft question, but sometimes clients have rather ridged toe nails so when applying minx, especially say the gold lightening minx, the ridges tend to.show. Would it be a good idea to use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel then applying Minx over it? If so would I apply base, smoothing gel, top coat then minx or would I leave out the top coat part? Many thanks x

Its a good question and one that others might want the answer to as well.

You would need to apply all three coats of the Brisa Lite smoothing gel system and then apply your Minx.

Its a good question and one that others might want the answer to as well.

You would need to apply all three coats of the Brisa Lite smoothing gel system and then apply your Minx.

Fantastic thank you :) x

I have a mutilated thumb nail. It is horrible; lumpy, bumpy, thick, has no side wall on one side and its ugly and I always pick at it if it is not overlaid.

I used the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel on it 4 days ago wondering how smooth it could actually be after application ... well , unbelievably it is smooth and there is now nothing to tempt me to pick at it. We will see if I can leave it alone for 3 weeks. So far after 4 days I am happy.

Will see how it lasts.

What is the difference between the CND #6 square brush to the #6 oval? I used the square brush on clients this week for Smoothing gel but found it rather large for my own tiny nail plates and prefer to use the #6 oval brush. Will there be a difference?

What is the difference between the CND #6 square brush to the #6 oval? I used the square brush on clients this week for Smoothing gel but found it rather large for my own tiny nail plates and prefer to use the #6 oval brush. Will there be a difference?
No, not if you prefer one over the other.

I love a square brush for coating a thin and even coat and just use the corners for small nails. I prefer the oval brush for sculpting because it has a central point. Each to their own which is why we have both.

Is it ok to use 2 thin layers of smoothing instead of one if a client has particularly uneven nail surfaces?

Is it ok to use 2 thin layers of smoothing instead of one if a client has particularly uneven nail surfaces?

I think it would be recommended to use one layer of BL sculpting for a NNO rather than two BL smoothing if the client has uneven surfaces that one coat of BL smoothing couldnt sort out! HTH

I'm not enhancement trained - yet!! My training is booked and commencing next month with CND but it is going to be a good few months until I get to sculpting, so my question was really to establish if I had a solution with smoothing until then :)

Yes it is OK to use two layers but I really do not think you will find that you need to.

My thumb nail is horrid and has a big ditch down the centre of it and one layer of the Smoothing gel filled it. I couldn't believe it, but it did! Still going strong.

I'm not enhancement trained - yet!! My training is booked and commencing next month with CND but it is going to be a good few months until I get to sculpting, so my question was really to establish if I had a solution with smoothing until then :)

If you are doing the Creative Complete class then the Smoothing gel will be covered as part of the Shellac section.

If you are already using Shellac, or have a manicure certificate, then the CND video should be sufficient for you to see in order to use it ... You just paint it on over the Brisa Lite base coat. Other questions are answered in this thread.

Hey! Have been following brisa lite threads avidly but im new to gel and haven't found anywhere that gives any idea approx how many sets would you expect to get out of a pot of smoothing gel? Apologies if it has been posted and I've missed it! Thanks xx

Hey! Have been following brisa lite threads avidly but im new to gel and haven't found anywhere that gives any idea approx how many sets would you expect to get out of a pot of smoothing gel? Apologies if it has been posted and I've missed it! Thanks xx
It has been posted and you have 'missed' it.

Why not take a look through the thread ... You will learn lots. The applications per bottle are also provided on the cardboard sleeve that your kit comes in around the silver bag. CND always provide the pros with this kind of information. :)

Not technical as such but just wanted to say just in case anyone may find it helpful that I'm trying out BL Smoothing at the moment and managed to bash my nail HARD into a fence when sorting my ponies out yesterday.

I have under active thyroid gland so consequently my nails are rubbish BUT BL saved my nail, it's not broken completely but it's like a green stick fracture broken halfway through from top of the plate to nail bed in zone 2 rather than across the free edge if you know what I mean.

Anyway BL soaked off like a dream, I put on another BL base, smoothing gel and top coat and you can't see the damage at all and my nail feels as strong as it did (with BL support) before it got broken, and the BL smoothing does make them feel very strong even without silk as support.

I did take pics but can't for the life of me get them on the Brisa pics thread.

For those that know me, you will know the storey of my MIL and her nails.

The only thing I can get to stay put for a max of 2 weeks (just) is gel. This requires nail buffing & primer. Her nails are super dry, long but brittle. Iv given her all the aftercare and she refuses to listen.
Would Brisa Lite Removable Gel with Shellac on top be my answer?

Another question, is the Brisa Lite Base and Top Coat the same for the Smoothing Gel as it is for the Sculpting Gel?

Thank you

Last edited:
If you are doing the Creative Complete class then the Smoothing gel will be covered as part of the Shellac section.

If you are already using Shellac, or have a manicure certificate, then the CND video should be sufficient for you to see in order to use it ... You just paint it on over the Brisa Lite base coat. Other questions are answered in this thread.

Thanks Gigi. I am already naturally trained & using smoothing and I must admit I LOVE it. I am booked onto the smoothing course as well, was just wanting to clarify in the event I get some rather challenging nails before I have completed my enhancement training. I wouldn't want to risk using smoothing if I wasnt 100% that the product was right for my client....Roll on my training day!

Whilst wearing the smoothing gel can I file my nails like you can do with shellac. X

Whilst wearing the smoothing gel can I file my nails like you can do with shellac. X

Yes, as long as it is at a 45º angle with the 240 file.

Not technical as such but just wanted to say just in case anyone may find it helpful that I'm trying out BL Smoothing at the moment and managed to bash my nail HARD into a fence when sorting my ponies out yesterday.

I have under active thyroid gland so consequently my nails are rubbish BUT BL saved my nail, it's not broken completely but it's like a green stick fracture broken halfway through from top of the plate to nail bed in zone 2 rather than across the free edge if you know what I mean.

Anyway BL soaked off like a dream, I put on another BL base, smoothing gel and top coat and you can't see the damage at all and my nail feels as strong as it did (with BL support) before it got broken, and the BL smoothing does make them feel very strong even without silk as support.

I did take pics but can't for the life of me get them on the Brisa pics thread.

Like you, even I can't believe how strong only one coat is! I am wearing base, smoothing gel and top only. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back