All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered this also. My first attempt of doing French on a pop didn't turn out all that good. Comparing the white to the pink & clear the latter levelled off beautifully but the white was all 'bumpy' lol. Is there anything else I can use to help smooth the white or is Cool Blue best? I currently do not have this but will have to invest. I have my first clients on Friday for BLSG over tips and must say I'm rather nervous but looking forward to it:))xx

I don't at the the moment have coolblue either but I just file the bumpiness away and it's fine :)

Cool Blue works BECAUSE IT IS PART OF THE CND SYSTEM AND HAS BEEN APPROVED AS THE PRODUCT TO USE. Using Cool Blue is a Competition Trick not something you would do every day in the salon. Don't use it as a crutch ... learn how to hover over the bead to move it and control it and keep it smooth at the same time. Best way.

Hi, this is probably a silly question, but when it comes to infill.reblance of BLSG, would i just use the base coat on the exposed nail or over the entire nail enhancement?? thanks in advance x

Ok question

I'm wearing brisa lite sculpting gel in almond shape sculpts, with shellac over, now I am off to Dominican Republic to renew my wedding vows and obviously its going to be very hot, going to be in the sea and pool loads and also using loads of sun tan lotion, after sun and moisturiser, now I wondered would brisa lite sculpting last ok or would it be better to use l&p retention + and do glitter in them etc?, so also no risk of shellac problems.

I've been abroad loads with l&p but obviously never brisa lite and don't want any nail problems while there.

Hi, this is probably a silly question, but when it comes to infill.reblance of BLSG, would i just use the base coat on the exposed nail or over the entire nail enhancement?? thanks in advance x

You would use it over the whole of the regrowth area and the rest of the nail.

Ok question

I'm wearing brisa lite sculpting gel in almond shape sculpts, with shellac over, now I am off to Dominican Republic to renew my wedding vows and obviously its going to be very hot, going to be in the sea and pool loads and also using loads of sun tan lotion, after sun and moisturiser, now I wondered would brisa lite sculpting last ok or would it be better to use l&p retention + and do glitter in them etc?, so also no risk of shellac problems.

I've been abroad loads with l&p but obviously never brisa lite and don't want any nail problems while there.

You can have nail problems with anything because it happens! Other than a breakage you should not have any problems and if you know you are going to be smearing lotion all over your nails then no matter what you are wearing I would wipe it off your nails after lubing up, just as it advises in all after care. We all know that pools and sun dont damage you nails. But certain sun tan lotions and bug repellents do, so take care. and use your Solar Oil.

You can have nail problems with anything because it happens! Other than a breakage you should not have any problems and if you know you are going to be smearing lotion all over your nails then no matter what you are wearing I would wipe it off your nails after lubing up, just as it advises in all after care. We all know that pools and sun dont damage you nails. But certain sun tan lotions and bug repellents do, so take care. and use your Solar Oil.

That's brilliant to now that no more issues than I'd have with retention+ I do wear gloves when moisturising but puting suntan lotion on I think I would look a bit odd lol and I'm a Solar oil junkie so already have a large size ready :)

Thanks Geeg x

Mine came today tried to use foils on both the smoothing gel and topcoat but didn't really work as well than on shellac :(
It levelled really well though!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

How would you use the additives with BLSG?

i know you can mix it with sculpting gel?

what about applying it on the tacky layer?

Thanks

Thanks

BLSG? That abbreviation covers both Smoothing and Sculpting gel? Did you mean both gels or one in particular? X
EDIT; Ah, ignore me. Just read your post properly. (Still half asleep!) lol x

I trained with NSI but I recently purchased the Brisa Lite kit as I am so excited about this new innovation. I am booked onto the Brisa Lite Sculpting course on 17th June.

My existing clients all have NSI hard gel on at the moment, can I infill with Brisa Lite and if so how would I go about it? I also like to use a brush on white, can I use my Shellac cream puff for this?

I am sorry if this has been answered before but I am on my phone and can't find an answer. Thank you.

Thanks

You can absolutely create custom colours by combining CND Additives with both Brisa lite Smoothing and Sculpting Gel - just remember to keep you ratio at a MAXIMUM of 30% Additive to 70% Smoothing or Sculpting Gel.
I've found that I need much less than 30% Additive to get great colours for most combinations, so start with a teeny bit and add more if you need to up to a max of 30%.

The 'Top Film' (tacky layer) of Brisa lite Smoothing and Sculpting Gel is quite different to the Top Film of CND Shellac. For best results mix your CND Additives (or glitters) right into the Gel before application rather than applying to the Top Film.

Mine came today tried to use foils on both the smoothing gel and topcoat but didn't really work as well than on shellac :(
It levelled really well though!

Sounds about right. The Brisa Lite Top Film is different to the CND Shellac Top Film, so foil, Additives or glitter won't work the way it does with CND Shellac.

If you want to use foil the usual way, after applying Smoothing Gel and curing apply a layer of CND Shellac and use your foil as normal, finish with CND Shellac Top coat.
Applying CND Shellac over Smoothing Gel is such a JOY on the lovely smooth surface :)

I trained with NSI but I recently purchased the Brisa Lite kit as I am so excited about this new innovation. I am booked onto the Brisa Lite Sculpting course on 17th June.

My existing clients all have NSI hard gel on at the moment, can I infill with Brisa Lite and if so how would I go about it? I also like to use a brush on white, can I use my Shellac cream puff for this?

I am sorry if this has been answered before but I am on my phone and can't find an answer. Thank you.

Hi Daisy,

If you want to change a client from another system to Brisa Lite CND recommends you remove the previous system and start fresh for best results. This ensures you and your client get the best from the product right away, first impressions are so important!
However, especially if you are changing from a non-soakable gel I can understand completely why you would want to change them over through rebalancing (infills) rather than complete removal...

My advice is to continue servicing your clients with your existing system until your Brisa Lite training - but if you can't wait and are dying to have a go here are some pointers:
- try it on yourself first, or one client that is up for being a guinea pig.
- reduce the existing product to a super thin layer, more than you usually would for a rebalance.
- leave the existing product 180 grit roughness to maximise the adhesion between your old system and the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel.

You can complete your entire Brisa Lite enhancement in Pink or clear and after file finishing use CND Shellac to create the french look, no problem.
At your training you'll get to use the White Sculpting Gel, it's worth persevering with, it looks sooo good!

Good luck!

Sounds about right. The Brisa Lite Top Film is different to the CND Shellac Top Film, so foil, Additives or glitter won't work the way it does with CND Shellac.

If you want to use foil the usual way, after applying Smoothing Gel and curing apply a layer of CND Shellac and use your foil as normal, finish with CND Shellac Top coat.
Applying CND Shellac over Smoothing Gel is such a JOY on the lovely smooth surface :)

I was playing around with foil and nail art and what i did was use the brisalite topcoat as at the moment i don't have shellac and it worked really well it was sticky and i used my foils and additives then apply topcoat again to make it smooth and worked great! and if a client comes in for an infill, i can just file it away instead of needing to remove the whole nail :D i also clarified it with S2

Last edited:
I was playing around with foil and nail art and what i did was use the brisalite topcoat as at the moment i don't have shellac and it worked really well it was sticky and i used my foils and additives then apply topcoat again to make it smooth and worked great! and if a client comes in for an infill, i can just file it away instead of needing to remove the whole nail :D i also clarified it with my S2

Nice one! :)

Hi Daisy,

If you want to change a client from another system to Brisa Lite CND recommends you remove the previous system and start fresh for best results. This ensures you and your client get the best from the product right away, first impressions are so important!
However, especially if you are changing from a non-soakable gel I can understand completely why you would want to change them over through rebalancing (infills) rather than complete removal...

My advice is to continue servicing your clients with your existing system until your Brisa Lite training - but if you can't wait and are dying to have a go here are some pointers:
- try it on yourself first, or one client that is up for being a guinea pig.
- reduce the existing product to a super thin layer, more than you usually would for a rebalance.
- leave the existing product 180 grit roughness to maximise the adhesion between your old system and the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel.

You can complete your entire Brisa Lite enhancement in Pink or clear and after file finishing use CND Shellac to create the french look, no problem.
At your training you'll get to use the White Sculpting Gel, it's worth persevering with, it looks sooo good!

Good luck!
Thank you sooo much for the brilliant answer. Will take all you've said on board and wait until my training. I'm so excited to try it I'm going to have a play on my friend :) x

Quick one - Can I use white pro impressions white tips with Brisa Lite sculpting gel in clear?

I know the whole point is to sculpt with this gel but I would just like to know. The other gel I use I can, but if I can I would prefer to use Brisa Lite sculpting gel as there's no need
for buffing or primers.

Thank you

Quick one - Can I use white pro impressions white tips with Brisa Lite sculpting gel in clear?

I know the whole point is to sculpt with this gel but I would just like to know. The other gel I use I can, but if I can I would prefer to use Brisa Lite sculpting gel as there's no need
for buffing or primers.

Thank you
You can use tips with BL clear Sculpting gel if you make sure the gel is not applied too thickly to ensure full cure.

Latest posts

Back