All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a client who has hard gel coming on Sunday for a fill. I didn't do that set so I have no idea what kind of gel it is. My question is can I fill her "hard" gels with the BL Sculpting Gel?

I have a client who has hard gel coming on Sunday for a fill. I didn't do that set so I have no idea what kind of gel it is. My question is can I fill her "hard" gels with the BL Sculpting Gel?
I'm sure you can, but it won't give you or your client a true idea of what Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel is really like to wear nor how beautiful it looks when a beautiful full set is done. You will have a mishmash of layerd products .. My number one rule in the salon is ..... NO Sandwiches. If you are happy with sandwiches , then that is up to you.

Ok thx I will see if she wants to soak off and do a full set.

How exactly do you fill the BL Sculpting gel. I'm used to L&P and was gonna do everything the same except roughing the natural nail. Is this correct?

I have one more question...sorry for being a pain. What's the difference between the BL Sculpting Gel and regular Brisa Gel? How can you tell which one to use on your client?

Silly question...I'm just doing my nails sculptured brisa lite, I have forgotten to put the base coat on one of my thumbs. (Damn)
Will this nail come straight off? Waaaaa Or will it last till Sunday?! Any ideas I've only just started with BL

Last edited by a moderator:
That will have to be discovered by you, as everyones nails are different! Good luck lol, keep us posted! I don't imagine it will last very long. :)

I can't believe I'm so dim sometimes!
I'm going out tomorrow night and u just know it will be hanging off ha x
I might see if it lasts the night maybe swap it tomorrow!
Wasn't sure if the base coat was essential for adhesion or if it was to protect the natural nail?!

Ok thx I will see if she wants to soak off and do a full set.

How exactly do you fill the BL Sculpting gel. I'm used to L&P and was gonna do everything the same except roughing the natural nail. Is this correct?

Do the same file preparation as usual but don't touch the natural nail ... Then follow all CND protocols for PEP.

I have one more question...sorry for being a pain. What's the difference between the BL Sculpting Gel and regular Brisa Gel? How can you tell which one to use on your client?

Brisa is a hard gel, it doesn't soak off, it requires nail prep and it is harder and less flexible than Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel.

If I had a 'breaker' with the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel, I would move the client to Brisa hard gel.

If a client doesn't like French would I just use pink all over? I'm a bit worried it wouldn't look right or should I in this instance buy and use the clear? Xx
Sorry I missed this question PP. If you wanted to create a really natural -looking nail then there are a couple of ways you could do it.

If sculpting you could mix some of the pink with a touch of the white and depending on the look you could even add a little clear, to make a natural free edge colour and then sculpt the free edge with it.

Another way is to use a natural coloured tip, blend as usual and then use your clear over the tip and then add your pink or clear or a mixture, over the rest of the nail.

As long as you keep the gel normally thin, you can use any opaque coloured tip and you will get a full cure .. even coloured tips. Now before everyone screams and says "But I was told I could only use clear tips", let me explain. In classes with new students, CND do advise the use of clear tips as using a clear tip will guarantee a full cure of the gel as long as the CND Lamp is being used. So erring on the side of caution this is what is taught.

However, I have asked the CND chemists about using opaque tips because it made no sense to me chemically to be limiting the creativity of the more experienced gel users by making it a 'rule' never to use opaque tips. They have assured me it is possible to get a full cure using opaque tips as long as you do not overload with too much gel and use it thinly over the tip or in thin layers so you know you are getting a complete cure.

I hope I have made this clear to everyone.

I don't have any clear forms yet so could I sculpt and extend using the pink (or a mixture of white & pink) in thin layers on the forms I have and would this cure thoroughly? I don't have clear gel yet either but im guessing that would cure on the forms I have? :Love:

Sorry I missed this question PP. If you wanted to create a really natural -looking nail then there are a couple of ways you could do it.

If sculpting you could mix some of the pink with a touch of the white and depending on the look you could even add a little clear, to make a natural free edge colour and then sculpt the free edge with it.

Another way is to use a natural coloured tip, blend as usual and then use your clear over the tip and then add your pink or clear or a mixture, over the rest of the nail.

As long as you keep the gel normally thin, you can use any opaque coloured tip and you will get a full cure .. even coloured tips. Now before everyone screams and says "But I was told I could only use clear tips", let me explain. In classes with new students, CND do advise the use of clear tips as using a clear tip will guarantee a full cure of the gel as long as the CND Lamp is being used. So erring on the side of caution this is what is taught.

However, I have asked the CND chemists about using opaque tips because it made no sense to me chemically to be limiting the creativity of the more experienced gel users by making it a 'rule' never to use opaque tips. They have assured me it is possible to get a full cure using opaque tips as long as you do not overload with too much gel and use it thinly over the tip or in thin layers so you know you are getting a complete cure.

I hope I have made this clear to everyone.

Awww thank you Gigi. I have never mixed gels before so this would be something I will have a play with and practise!

I did a friends last night with natural tips and they looked nice... Well ok! That's down to me I need to get my gel head back on! But they looked far nicer than the client (thank god she is a good friend too) I did yesterday daytime with clear tips and pink! They looked dire! She's coming in now as I'm not happy I'd like to rectify them xx will be giving all this some thought and trialling. Thank you xx

I don't have any clear forms yet so could I sculpt and extend using the pink (or a mixture of white & pink) in thin layers on the forms I have and would this cure thoroughly? I don't have clear gel yet either but im guessing that would cure on the forms I have? :Love:

Forms are different to a tip extension. Forms have metal in them and the UV light does not penetrate through it.
You would have to extend first on your form with a thin thin layer of clear and cure 2 minutes; then remove the form and build the rest of the nail on the top of that clear thin layer. By the time you have finished the nail, the original extension will be cured from the multiple exposures. It takes less time using clear forms so I advise you to get some.

Hi there

My MIL has been wearing Shellac with Brisa Lite since Wed. She has broke one of her nails (I said they would start to go, especially if she knocks then because they are so brittle).

Iv had to trim her nail as it split right at the start of of free edge, and where is has broke it has caused the Shellac to lift a little.

Is there any way I could buff the surface of the application and apply a layer of BL Smoothing gel (don't have the sculpting gel yet) or other SOG to strengthen & encapsulate the nail to avoid further lifting?

Sorry forgot to post the picture of the nails I did on the day of application

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361643151.659719.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361643151.659719.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 274
Hi there

My MIL has been wearing Shellac with Brisa Lite since Wed. She has broke one of her nails (I said they would start to go, especially if she knocks then because they are so brittle).

Iv had to trim her nail as it split right at the start of of free edge, and where is has broke it has caused the Shellac to lift a little.

Is there any way I could buff the surface of the application and apply a layer of BL Smoothing gel (don't have the sculpting gel yet) or other SOG to strengthen & encapsulate the nail to avoid further lifting?

Remove and start again the right way. Use two thin layers of BL smoothing gel umtl you can use the correct gel. Some of those nails look a bit long for her activity level. Nice job though. x

Ok thank you for reply, and thanks for the compliment.

I do tell her they need clipping back, that they are less likely to break if they are shorter especially as she is so heavy handed and doesn't use any oil etc but she won't have it. Yet is the 1st to complain to me and ask why it's broke.

If there is a tiny chip or more a slight wear beginning to happen at the free edge, is it best to start again with that too or can I just smooth and 'fill in' the chip?

Ok thank you for reply, and thanks for the compliment.

I do tell her they need clipping back, that they are less likely to break if they are shorter especially as she is so heavy handed and doesn't use any oil etc but she won't have it. Yet is the 1st to complain to me and ask why it's broke.

If there is a tiny chip or more a slight wear beginning to happen at the free edge, is it best to start again with that too or can I just smooth and 'fill in' the chip?

You can smooth and fill in and see how it goes. It's not what we recommend but we know you are going to try it. lol

:Love:She needs to be realistic and to go shorter and stop 'pushing it' especially if she is heavy handed. Nails look better when they are not all different lengths. We all push it and when we do we all end up with nails that look like these.

You can smooth and fill in and see how it goes. It's not what we recommend but we know you are going to try it. lol

:Love:She needs to be realistic and to go shorter and stop 'pushing it' especially if she is heavy handed. Nails look better when they are not all different lengths. We all push it and when we do we all end up with nails that look like these.

:) If you suggest not to then I won't! I want to learn to do things the right way to the make sure the nails I do last the best they can.

I will suggest to her to clip them back so they are all the same length and try to get her to at least use her oil so hopefully they grow hydrated and healthy, resulting in a less brittle nail.

Thank you for the advice

Just a quickie, I want to use brisa lite smoothing gel with a glitter tip (which based on the colour I'm using will look best over a shellac colour) so my question is, which top coat do I use? Brisa lite top coat because the majority of the nail is just the gel...?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Evening all!

Not sure if I should be posting in another existing thread - pls let me know if i should.

My question is. Has anybody had problems with brisa smoothing chipping and how did you rectify it? Im doing thin layer so cant be that. Iv used it on around 6 ppl and I know that two have had chips,one after around two weeks and one around the one week mark.

So, what are the main reason for nails to chip with smoothing gel and shellac on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back