All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure could but it might not be necessary.

If you or a client needs more protection than polish alone, but wants to wear colour they can change up every few days at home, we recommend permanent Brisa Gel as the enhancement coating rather than Brisa Lite.
Brisa Gloss Gel Top Coat which we finish every Brisa nail enhancement with (and can also use to finish L&P) is EXTREMELY resistent to solvents. This means you can use Nourishing Remover or acetone EVERY DAY to remove Vinylux and your enhancements will be undamaged for up to three weeks!
Can brisa gloss be used over BL soak off sculpting gel too ? As I am hoping to convert soon 😄

Can brisa gloss be used over BL soak off sculpting gel too ? As I am hoping to convert soon 😄

I wouldn't think so. Brisa Gloss is formulated to work chemically with the Brisa system, which is a buff of gel. Brisa Lite is a soak off system and therefore differs chemically so has it's own topcoat that works with the system.
I'm sure no one at CND will recommend that the two are interchangeable.

If you put Brisa Gloss over any other product that product will no longer be removable. The whole point of Brisa Lite and CND Shellac are their removability, making them permanent negates all the benefits and you would be better using Brisa Gel.

Also, as x Fee x suggests, Brisa Gloss is not designed to adhere to ANYTHING other than Brisa Gel and CND Liquid & Powder.

If you put Brisa Gloss over any other product that product will no longer be removable. The whole point of Brisa Lite and CND Shellac are their removability, making them permanent negates all the benefits and you would be better using Brisa Gel.

Also, as x Fee x suggests, Brisa Gloss is not designed to adhere to ANYTHING other than Brisa Gel and CND Liquid & Powder.[/QUOTE
Interestingly though on the thread vinylux tips & tricks Gigi says if you remove vinylux quick enough your BL smoothing gel should be ok !
Quite a few conflicting ideas about this. The thread also said the procedure for applying vinylux over BL smoothing says apply to the inhibition layer excuse my ignorance but is this the sticky layer of the gel before apply top coat? 😄

Interestingly though on the thread vinylux tips & tricks Gigi says if you remove vinylux quick enough your BL smoothing gel should be ok !
Quite a few conflicting ideas about this. The thread also said the procedure for applying vinylux over BL smoothing says apply to the inhibition layer excuse my ignorance but is this the sticky layer of the gel before apply top coat? 😄

Ryk, you are right. There are a few conflicting ideas here on the subject of Vinylux and Brisa Lite. These two systems are brand new, and SalonGeek is an impartial support forum, not a direct communication with the manufacturer of any product. Learning how to use a system from scratch from information found on a forum is going to be challenging and confusing to say the least! ALL of your CND related questions will be 100% clarified when you take your class with a CND Education Ambassador. :) I'm sure you will love it!

To your point, if you remove Vinylux quickly from Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel it probably will be ok. Please try it for yourself. But if you are doing it every day, or even every three days for 3 weeks, that's a lot of remover to expose your Smoothing Gel to and it will likely start to break down.

An 'inhibition layer' or 'top film' is a sticky layer that remains on the surface after a UV cureable product has cured, usually it is recommended to remove this top film before applying polish, but not before applying other UV curable products such as CND Shellac.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Also, as x Fee x suggests, Brisa Gloss is not designed to adhere to ANYTHING other than Brisa Gel and CND Liquid & Powder.[/QUOTE

That was my fault writing VINYLUX and thinking Shellac. Early in the morning and must've had a fuzzy head. I apologise for confusing, my fault entirely. But Of course you would never polish on top of the inhibition layer unless you were doing it with Shellac.

It's time we all used some common sense here and some of you act like you know nothing and are groping in the dark. My answer of course did confuse some and I apologise and have corrected it.

If you remove VINYLUX quick enough ONCE then I don't believe it will wreck your smoothing gel .... But that doesn't mean anyone should do that more than once and you should explain that to a client because you know they may do it. If they do and things go wrong for them then at least you have explained it to them first. There is nothing confusing about that. You can either tell your clients, "Never remove Vinylux over smoothing gel" or you can warn them that if they do it, and they use too much remover or aren't quick enough they could spoil their smoothing gel .... Then it is up to them. I know I can do it because I've done it, that doesn't mean you should advise clients that everything will be hunky dory if they do it.

I assume I am posting to professionals here not consumers, and that as professionals you have the intelligence to know that if removing VINYLUX over smoothing gel that you would know not to use too much remover or work to slow. And I believe I mentioned those two things in my post.

Thanks to both Weefee and Geeg for clarifying my questions 😄
The idea of changing vinylux over BL smoothing is purely for myself as a little experiment whilst my nails become healthy enough to wear vinylux on its own. I will only be promoting the traditional use of CND products to my clients and my name is down on the list at sweet squared for the build it course as soon as the have some dates, of which I am sure I will get to chew their ears off with all my questions 😄mean while thanks again for your help and advice and I will keep you posted as to how long my BL smoothing lasts once I change the vinylux 😄

Last edited:
Just a thought but if you used non acetone remover to remove the vinylux over the smoothing gel wouldnt that help preserve the BL smoothing gel more so than the nourishing remover would?

Just a thought but if you used non acetone remover to remove the vinylux over the smoothing gel wouldnt that help preserve the BL smoothing gel more so than the nourishing remover would?

No, it wouldn't. Think it through.

First non-acetone removers are still powerful solvents in themselves ... Hence why they work.

Second, you would need to use more of it and for a longer time to do the same job which would probably compromise the service even more.

Hello.I am using brisa lite sculpting gel on several clients with success but have recently had a client who just cannot keep them on.said client has very dry ridged nails if this helps.I have checked bulbs etc and am pep ing the same.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Hello.I am using brisa lite sculpting gel on several clients with success but have recently had a client who just cannot keep them on.said client has very dry ridged nails if this helps.I have checked bulbs etc and am pep ing the same.

So are you saying that all 10 of her Brisa Lite nail enhancements just fall clean off her nails, leaving the surface smooth and unmarked? Or if not, what exactly do her nails look like when she returns to you? How do her natural nails stand up to polish or Shellac or other nstural nail overlays? Did you use tips to extend or did you sculpt? More information is needed.

I always find this kind of post very frustrating as it is impossible to say why this is happening to anyone, there are so many reasons that it could, from it being your application to client interference. To get any idea you will have to do some serious investigating with the client.

I tried brisa lite on my own nails last night for the first time i did it in a real hurry hubby screaming at me to stop messing with my nails so did a real quick pep but they did not adhere very well to my nails I have the cursed type of nails what do u recommend I want to do this on my clients so want to be confident

I tried brisa lite on my own nails last night for the first time i did it in a real hurry hubby screaming at me to stop messing with my nails so did a real quick pep but they did not adhere very well to my nails I have the cursed type of nails what do u recommend I want to do this on my clients so want to be confident

The only advice here can be.....Take your time !
Follow proper PEP and application procedures and you will get good results.

About 5 or 6 came off clean with no damage to natural nail.she has only had brisa lite with myself.

About 5 or 6 came off clean with no damage to natural nail.she has only had brisa lite with myself.

it sounds as if there was some barrier that was blocking adhesion on those nails. Try again and be very careful that the nails are clean and dry using all CND protocols.

I had done the clients nails last friday. She came in for a gel removal and it was coloured calgel nails i had removed which wasnt done by me, by another salon.

And she wanted an gel overlay which i did with BrisaLite sculpting gel and then she had cnd shimmer additives ontop.

She has phoned today to say her nails are lifting.

Her nails were very weak and thin when i had removed her nails.

What could of been the cause of the lifting?

I had done all the PEP
removed her cuticles with cuticles away, washed with water.
no tip was applied in this case so then used scrubfresh and then applied the base coat cured 10 seconds, applied sculpting gel cured for 120 seconds and then topcoat cured for 120 seconds then used the additive on the tacky layer then applied topcoat again.

She has booked herself in tomorrow for a repair

and i dont want this to happen again :(

Please advise me.

Thanks

I had done the clients nails last friday. She came in for a gel removal and it was coloured calgel nails i had removed which wasnt done by me, by another salon.

And she wanted an gel overlay which i did with BrisaLite sculpting gel and then she had cnd shimmer additives ontop.

She has phoned today to say her nails are lifting.

Her nails were very weak and thin when i had removed her nails.

What could of been the cause of the lifting?

I had done all the PEP
removed her cuticles with cuticles away, washed with water.
no tip was applied in this case so then used scrubfresh and then applied the base coat cured 10 seconds, applied sculpting gel cured for 120 seconds and then topcoat cured for 120 seconds then used the additive on the tacky layer then applied topcoat again.

She has booked herself in tomorrow for a repair

and i dont want this to happen again :(

Please advise me.

Thanks

Wait until you see them. Then report back.

Well day 5 of my experiment I applied BL smoothing gel applied top coat and wiped off sticky layer, then applied vinylux and I have to say I am amazed! (Plus lobster roll new fave colour) I have purposefully done all the things your bit supposed to do and loads of treatments and they are only just wearing on the edge ! I can't wait until phase 2 of my experiment to remove V and reapply over the same BL smoothing gel ! Watch this space

Hi geeks

I had my Brisa lite training in beginning of April.

I'm not great with gels, but my training was great as I had a one to one and have been practising on myself. I'm finding I'm struggling with the gel application to get it into a nice shape. I do 2-3 applications of gel, then have to do loads of filling.

Regarding the filling I'm using the white file the smooth side to do the filling.

I've got a lady who wants gels done for her wedding in June, and I'm panicking! Maybe if I'm doing it on someone else it might be easier.

I'm booked to do the brisa sculpting (build it) class next month but can't get hold of the clear sculpted forms, noticed there's performance forms on s2 are they ok to use for my course??
Thanks in advance x

Latest posts

Back