Am being slandered on facebook!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i agree but the thing is i stumbble across ppls facebook and you can see ppls fb page without being friends with them not everyone

Also i would just ignore her as you followed all the guidlines and she has not mentioned your name or anything iwould give her a call.

Sorry folks if I'm coming across as over dramatic but she did mention my business name: " curse looks beautiful. there ****!! could i get compension? :p xxx"

The **** were put in by the lovely mods.

Thank you everyone for the comments :)

I am doing my best to let it wash over me!! I've had a lot on my mind just lately and have been a bit down & fed up about one thing & another so I've probably let this get to me more than it would do normally.

I'm not going to contact her, I think it will just antagonise the situation & I do think if she had a genuine reaction, her mum would have been on the phone pdq.

I MAY post on the salon wall about clients listening to us re pre & aftercare.

It was my therapist who saw her post about it as she was suspicious after the no-show on Saturday, so searched her name. I have not slandered said 16 yr old on here as was implied earlier as names have been deleted. The wall was not set to private so anyone could see it.

And yes, 8 hours later, I still have a bee in my bonnet about it, lol. More the fact it sounds like she did something on purpose to go green so she could claim compensation!!

Some people hey?

Ah, try not to let things get to you, I can't remember anyone saying you were slandering the girl though but granted I don't think I read everyone's reply. You'll always get the odd one or two clients who won't comply with aftercare and just moan to everyone else. x

I would do three things:

1. print off what she has said, do a screensave and print it off so it has dates, etc. staple this to her record card.
2. monitor her comments to see if you get mentioned again.
3. wait until she comes back in, if she does.

I've had a few clients get green patches. It's always because they have sprayed or applied something to their skin. I've found green patches under the arms, on chests, backs etc........ Usually people forget that they had a quick spritz round their body with their deodorant or perfume.
I had one client and the whole front of her legs and the whole of her arms went bright green :eek:
I'd never seen anything like it. I'd seen little areas but this was big areas. She had just had a baby and was suffering with dry skin and she had been using a product I'd never heard of. It was called aveeva or something like that. She is one of my regulars and we laughed about it but it still was absolutely fine once she had showered off.
I've never had a client yet that has had green patches that haven't washed off.
She is 16 and being over-dramatic and probably embellishing on the truth!
I remember when my daughter fell out with a couple of her friends. I was out shopping with my daughter and apparently these 2 girls saw us whilst we were out. I didn't know because I didn't see them.
Later that night one of the girls had put on facebook that I had threatened them :eek:
I never even saw them! Like I said, young girls make things up sometimes so I wouldn't worry about it :hug:

Over the weekend, Holly had a bit of a snout on facebook, as you do, & basically this skanky 16 yr old has posted that an allergic reaction left her having to go to the hospital! This is the edited version of her conversation.

Allergic reaction left me in the general :L always me

I have to admit I'm quite shocked at the way some geeks are referring to this girl, if I knew how to multi quote I would.
At the end of the day she is a 16 year old girl who knows no better, unlike us.
Also, I'm not sure but I think by a member of staff actively seeking out her facebook page for no reason other than to snoop, that may go against data protection, furthermore, if she hadn't looked her up, you would be none the wiser and this thread would not exist.

if I knew how to multi quote I would.

Click on the icon to the right of the word quote on each post you wish to quote, once you have clicked the ones you want, click quote on the last post you wish to quote and you will have multi-quoted.

To be honest I don't think it's nice what you have read and I totally understand that it has upset you however if it did happen thats what teens do they post on facebook and have a rant with their mates. I think you just need to chalk it up to experiance. I'm sure you will have a lovely client tomorrow who will restore your faith in people :)

I have to admit I'm quite shocked at the way some geeks are referring to this girl, if I knew how to multi quote I would.
At the end of the day she is a 16 year old girl who knows no better, unlike us.
Also, I'm not sure but I think by a member of staff actively seeking out her facebook page for no reason other than to snoop, that may go against data protection, furthermore, if she hadn't looked her up, you would be none the wiser and this thread would not exist.

Nothing bad has been said. You need to look up the DPA if you think that. :rolleyes:

Nothing bad has been said. You need to look up the DPA if you think that. :rolleyes:

The client has been called a 'silly girl', 'pathetic' and 'skanky'. You don't think that this is a bit harsh to call a 16 year old? And with regard to DPA, yes I admit I am rusty which is why I said 'I think' but her personal data, ie her first and last name, was accessed by another member of staff for nothing more than to look at her fb profile which is why I think it may go against the guidelines.

But I'm always willing to learn so please correct me if I'm wrong :hug:

I'd also ignore it! Just dont let her book in again.

Here's my view, the said 16year old is a child and just acting her age. This would have upset me too and if a client hadn't turned up to me and I too may have had a nose on their fb too see if the reason was posted.
I dont think its data protection if the searched person has no privacy on their account, we choose to have fb and list our personal details for others to view.

Theres some very good advice on here ... The ones saying just ignore this person and focus on your many lovely clients. I'm sure nothing will come of it, I'd do as you've suggested and just make sure you drill in the pre tanning advice, double check with clients in consult that they have adhered to your prep advice and carry on doing your fabulous job :)

Chin up chuck! Xxx

I'm currently having this problem too, Blue Rose... But it's with another therapist!!

Somethings been written on facebook by this person, and it's got back to me from a few different, 100% reliable people that this person has also been making catty comments!!

It annoyed me at the start to be honest, but I'm over that now. All of the people that know what's going on and who have been letting me know about the comments are all saying how unprofessional and childish this person is being... And I have to say I agree!!

But sure, I guess you get people like that :-/ I'm rising above it :-D

I agree with what an earlier poster said about making a copy of it. That way if anything ever does come of it, you've got the whole conversation. I think if her mum or someone was going to come in, they would have done it by now. Good idea about putting pre and post spray tan advice on your fb wall :) xx

Just to clarify, my therapist did not got looking on facebook for the sheer fun of it.

The whole irate phone call Saturday morning & then them not showing up when she was asked to come in just didn't seem quite right.

Holly only had a look for her profile (which has not been set to private so anybody could access the page if they wished) because she wanted to see if anything had been said about the tan.

Sometimes you just get a feeling about clients.

The girl in question may only be 16 but she was still thinking of trying to con us out of compensation. I'm sure most of you would feel the same & be agrieved.

And with regard to DPA, yes I admit I am rusty which is why I said 'I think' but her personal data, ie her first and last name, was accessed by another member of staff for nothing more than to look at her fb profile which is why I think it may go against the guidelines.

But I'm always willing to learn so please correct me if I'm wrong :hug:

The DPA probably hasn't been breached as the staff knew of the situation without needing to access records that are otherwise confidential.

Here's my view, the said 16year old is a child and just acting her age.

This child is old enough to smoke and have sex plus get married with parental consent, they are officially a young person and are old enough to know better but any person whatever their age can have their common sense clouded and post things to a social network.

The girl in question may only be 16 but she was still thinking of trying to con us out of compensation. I'm sure most of you would feel the same & be agrieved.

Absolutely, age is an excuse to be excused for inappropriate words but also used as an excuse by many to act inappropriate. She probably knows what she has done, but it is quite a (please don't hate me) trivial matter at the end of the day. I'm sure you are now calming down but please don't be riled by any comment here BR, you have I'm sure risen above it xx

The client has been called a 'silly girl', 'pathetic' and 'skanky'. You don't think that this is a bit harsh to call a 16 year old?

i agree. i'm surprised at what is being said on this thread! alot of you have your salon name written on your profile and salon geek comes up on some of the oddest searches.

how would some of you feel if your daughter was refered to by the names some of you have called her??

i personally would phone up the contact number given and ask to speak to the mother and i would say i had a phone call from such and such a body who said they had an unsatisfatory treatment at my salon and said they would come in to see me/my staff/whatever at such and such a time but she didn't turn up, according to her client card she filled in she is only 16 i was just phoning up to check that everything was ok with her as i'ma bit concerned at a young person not turning up when she said she would. i'd much rather give the mum the chance to speak to me and let me know if there was a problem herself which i'm sure she would do if there was.

i have to say if this was written by a new poster on sg then i'm willing to bet that there'd be a whole lot of tut tut that's not professional, you're ruining our whole industry you can't speak about clients like that etc etc
but because it's not a new poster it's ok.

edited to add i think the amount of emoticons (is that the right term?) used in the conversation says alot about how the girls were talking about compensation etc. to me it was very jokey and tongue in cheek. i also doubt she'd even know how to start going about compensation.
x

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too concerned...as mentioned I also agree with the comment about the amount of emoticons used on her page.

Also, if she did try to claim any compensation, then her medical records would need to be produced for her trip to the hospital and it would be interesting to see what they say.

Can i just say that 16 is not a child! At 16 a person knows the difference between right and wrong and the difference between the truth and a lie. Thats the difference between a 16 year old and a child.

Blue Rose, i sympathise. She was out of order and she was talking about your business. I can understand why you are upset about the situation.

Can i just say that 16 is not a child! At 16 a person knows the difference between right and wrong and the difference between the truth and a lie. Thats the difference between a 16 year old and a child.

Blue Rose, i sympathise. She was out of order and she was talking about your business. I can understand why you are upset about the situation.

i thought until you were 18 you were still classed as a child? x

i thought until you were 18 you were still classed as a child? x

You can leave home at 16 and live on your own! Get married etc etc I think theres a bit of a grey area between 16 and 18 but personally i really do not believe a 16 year old is a child.

I sympathize, truly I do.

But I think at the end of the day; we have to buck-up, take it on the chin and ignore them. If we make a fuss, then we're lowering ourselves to their level and acknowledging their selfish immaturity.

I recently had to 'fire' a client for #1) never being on time and always cancelling last minute and #2) maliciously gossiping about a family friend/client of mine that dropped by during her service to drop something off. I told her that unless she cleaned up her act and apologized to the person whom she offended, I wouldn't honour her next appointment.

Her response was to slander me on facebook; calling me a racist and all sorts of things (geeee, hard for me to be racist since I'm pretty much a mix of everything and so is the rest of my family LMFAO)

At the end of the day, no one is paying her any mind and they're all pretty much laughing behind her back because she's making a fool of herself.
Due to a multitude of reasons (which I won't get into), she also has no credibility.

So just remember, the clients that sit at your table and refer you to others know the TRUTH of things so don't bother wasting your time on troublemakers who are so miserable in their own lives, they set out to destroy others for sheer entertainment.

Latest posts

Back