Am being slandered on facebook!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Had a 16 yr old book in for a spray tan last Thursday. Jo took the booking & she would have asked her if she's had any spray tan done before. She must have because she didn't call in for a patch test & subsequently signed her cons form to say she'd used fake tan before.

Thursday evening I get a phone call from my other therapist Holly saying that said 16 year old had a smallish green patch (as in highlighter green!) come up on her shoulders, between her shoulder blades & another small patch in the small of her back.

Holly said to her it must have reacted with a product she'd used (exfoliant) and that it will wash out. Never having had this problem occur before, (other than underarms) I would have said the same to the client.

Anyway, no phone call on Friday so we assume all must have been ok.

Fast forward to Saturday morning & we get a phone call supposedly from said 16 yr old complaining she's green all over. Holly took the phone call & explained we were busy with clients just then but if she'd like to come back at 12.30 we'd assess it.

12.30 comes & goes, nobody turns up. Both of us are perplexed as to why she would still be highlighter green 2 days later!

Over the weekend, Holly had a bit of a snout on facebook, as you do, & basically this skanky 16 yr old has posted that an allergic reaction left her having to go to the hospital! This is the edited version of her conversation.

Allergic reaction left me in the general :L always me

05 May at 20:26 via Mobile Web
WHat have you done now jazzy xxxx
05 May at 20:32
SHE WENT GREEEN, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm not even joking:L
05 May at 20:35
Why the hell she gone green for !!! Xx
Im not even joking, but it wasn't like a subtle green, it was actually highlighter green:L!
05 May at 20:36
Yer whyyyy ???? Xxx
05 May at 20:37
What the bloody hell has the dopey fool done?! :L
05 May at 20:39
Spray tan:)
05 May at 20:42
not even funny guys! got it done and it went like ahigh lighter green and red and sore. i had anithistamins and blood pressure and temp and body temp tests done! the green has now gone so i am not shrek no more!! curse looks beautiful. there ****!! could i get compension? :p xxx
05 May at 21:01
Lmao you could probably actually get em done for not testing the chemicals with your skin first :p xxx
05 May at 21:05

thinking about it matee, really am but i am sweeeett as a sugar now :) will i be graced with your presence on saturday as i love you? and sunday maybe monday tuesday and wednesday as i will be on my tod!! :L xx
05 May at 21:06
yeah beth's right, i would go in the shop with your mum and complain!! xx
05 May at 21:07
how much did it cost?
05 May at 21:08
my mums not scary enough and i get embarraced.. katie-jane, you have guts.. please may you call up xx
05 May at 21:11
LOL! no jas you got the tan so you call up :p it's worth it cus you might get some money for it. lool yeeh okayy :p xx
05 May at 21:15
good girll!! and it was £25, what a load of ****!! :L xx
So it wasnt worth 'exfoliating' your back?:/ :L xxx
Friday at 07:24

I'm spitting feathers atm. For a start, it didn't cost her £25.

Am I getting my knickers in a twist & should I just let it go?
Do I send her a message telling her I don't appreciate her slandering us?
Or put a post on the salon wall that we don't appreciate clients not following our guidelines in the hope they will get compensation?

Some people, grrrrrr

Had a 16 yr old book in for a spray tan last Thursday. Jo took the booking & she would have asked her if she's had any spray tan done before. She must have because she didn't call in for a patch test & subsequently signed her cons form to say she'd used fake tan before.

Thursday evening I get a phone call from my other therapist Holly saying that said 16 year old had a smallish green patch (as in highlighter green!) come up on her shoulders, between her shoulder blades & another small patch in the small of her back.

Holly said to her it must have reacted with a product she'd used (exfoliant) and that it will wash out. Never having had this problem occur before, (other than underarms) I would have said the same to the client.

Anyway, no phone call on Friday so we assume all must have been ok.

Fast forward to Saturday morning & we get a phone call supposedly from said 16 yr old complaining she's green all over. Holly took the phone call & explained we were busy with clients just then but if she'd like to come back at 12.30 we'd assess it.

12.30 comes & goes, nobody turns up. Both of us are perplexed as to why she would still be highlighter green 2 days later!

Over the weekend, Holly had a bit of a snout on facebook, as you do, & basically this skanky 16 yr old has posted that an allergic reaction left her having to go to the hospital! This is the edited version of her conversation.

Allergic reaction left me in the general :L always me

05 May at 20:26 via Mobile Web
WHat have you done now jazzy xxxx
05 May at 20:32
SHE WENT GREEEN, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm not even joking:L
Why the hell she gone green for !!! Xx
Im not even joking, but it wasn't like a subtle green, it was actually highlighter green:L!
05 May at 20:36
Yer whyyyy ???? Xxx
05 May at 20:37
What the bloody hell has the dopey fool done?! :L
05 May at 20:39
Spray tan:)
05 May at 20:42
not even funny guys! got it done and it went like ahigh lighter green and red and sore. i had anithistamins and blood pressure and temp and body temp tests done! the green has now gone so i am not shrek no more!! curse looks beautiful. there ****!! could i get compension? :p xxx
05 May at 21:01
Lmao you could probably actually get em done for not testing the chemicals with your skin first :p xxx
05 May at 21:05

thinking about it matee, really am but i am sweeeett as a sugar now :) will i be graced with your presence on saturday as i love you? and sunday maybe monday tuesday and wednesday as i will be on my tod!! :L xx
05 May at 21:06
yeah beth's right, i would go in the shop with your mum and complain!! xx
05 May at 21:07
how much did it cost?
05 May at 21:08
my mums not scary enough and i get embarraced.. katie-jane, you have guts.. please may you call up xx
05 May at 21:11
LOL! no jas you got the tan so you call up :p it's worth it cus you might get some money for it. lool yeeh okayy :p xx
good girll!! and it was £25, what a load of ****!! :L xx
So it wasnt worth 'exfoliating' your back?:/ :L xxx
Friday at 07:24

I'm spitting feathers atm. For a start, it didn't cost her £25.

Am I getting my knickers in a twist & should I just let it go?
Do I send her a message telling her I don't appreciate her slandering us?
Or put a post on the salon wall that we don't appreciate clients not following our guidelines in the hope they will get compensation?

Some people, grrrrrr

Hi Blue Rose,

Thats horrible to read, I would be so upset and angry if somebody was slandering me like that, it just shows some people are so immature!!

I would just ignore it and if she does complain or do anything then go back being the bigger person, if she signed a consualtaion card then I don't see why she is blaming you, she probably did somthing wrong prior to the tan that made it go green or is on soime type of medication who knows!!

It makes me so bad how people openly slander people of facebook theres always two sides to every story!

Chin up think how many other lovely and loyal clients you have and ignore this one!!

x

Please don't take this the wrong way but in the grand scheme of things it could be much worse.

I think a lot of people 16 or older may have similar conversations on fb and I am forever seeing things wrote on status about dodgy hair colours or bad customer service in shops.

If she really has had that reaction, which I actually believe considering the comments (although she has lied about the price as you said) then its probably just as well she hasn't come into the salon to complain.

Maybe Im soft but I would contact her to see if she is ok ?

You could slap them couldn't you, little upstarts. She clearly states she wont come and speak to you face to face so it might be worth asking her to do just that so you can "resolve the situation as you've never had this happen before", make sure you get that out there. If she doesn't come and I doubt she will, theres not much else she can say and hopefully that will end her posts on facebook. I really do feel for you with this. It's the way things are put like please "may you" complain omg don't even get me started ...........:hug:

I am a little confussed:-

A. I can't see how anyone can stumbles across someone on FB without acutally searching for them.
B. you must be friends FB with her to access her page
C. And what 16 year old doesnt exaggerate the truth or tell white lies they are still children afer all.

I would be the bigger person and rise above this silly chit chat on FB your customers will know if you provide a good service or not and I cant see in the chat your name was ever mentioned.

I'd ring her and confront why she did not come back in to the salon at the tine you had asked her as at this point you needed to see this supposed high lighter green tan (what a load by the way! She's must have put something else on her skin or not came in with clean skin)

This way you are confirming that she had to come back in for you to see the problem and also making her aware that it was noted she did not turn up so if she is thinking about pushing things any further this will put her off as she's not fulfilled her part of the deal with you to turn up so you can do something about it

If the girl did have a reaction which resulted in her ending up in the hospital and she's telling her friends on her personal FB account then I don't see that as slander. Yes she may be exaggerating but the same could be said of you on here. You are venting what has happened and asking for advice to like minded people just as she was.

If you have the consultation filled out correctly where she has said that she followed the pre care advice then you are in your rights not to refund her but like others have said, she is still just a kid and turning green probably scared the s**t out of her!

2 things, it's facebook and she is 16. let it go (annoying and upsetting as it is) you have to be proffessional, don't look up clients fb pages. deal with complaints as they come to you in the 'salon'. you did the right thing asking her to come in, hope you are not stressing too much

I'll happily spray children under 18 but only if they come with a parent/guardian who I ask to countersign the consultation card. That way, you've always got an adult point of contact if something goes wrong.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much. I seriously doubt that any of your regular or potential adult clients will ever see this girls Facebook page.

2 things, it's facebook and she is 16. let it go (annoying and upsetting as it is) you have to be proffessional, don't look up clients fb pages. deal with complaints as they come to you in the 'salon'. you did the right thing asking her to come in, hope you are not stressing too much

I totally agree! :)

A. I can't see how anyone can stumbles across someone on FB without acutally searching for them.
C. And what 16 year old doesnt exaggerate the truth or tell white lies they are still children afer all.

I would be the bigger person and rise above this silly chit chat on FB your customers will know if you provide a good service or not and I cant see in the chat your name was ever mentioned.

Not true, if said girl doesnt have her security setting for friends only, and alot of kids don't. I would say 16 is old enough to know better. This is BRs business she is slating!

hi hun try not to worry too much. Have read the exchange and it is quite mild for some sixteen year olds lol but still upsetting for you and your business though hun i do understand. I would personally ignore it. Make notes on her client consultation of the info you've written on salon geek as I'm sure you've done already and if you feel the need contact your insurance company should anything come up in the future. It's frustrating situations like these especially when you've done all that you can by offering for her to come in but you can't do anymore. I personally think by contacting her it may inflame the situation which is something you don't need. Don't worry hun love n hugs x x x

Personally I couldn't let it go; the injustice of it would eat me up.
I'd be calling her with a transcript of the FB rant and be asking her to explain herself. And then I'd be expecting an irate parent coming into the salon to defend her little darling and it all getting very nasty.

Sooooo, on balance, I'd just have to suck it up and not treat 16 year olds on their own again.

Chin up, lovie, you have so many loyal repeat clients, don't let this silly child get to you.

dont worry hun if youve got her to sign a consultation form before having the treatment you should be fine, some teenagers are so pathetic x

Sometimes you gotta pick and choose your fights carefully. This is one to ignore. She is a child, and her opinion is really not valid in the scheme of things. Let this one go.

i'd be really upset if i was you, i'm quite annoyed just reading it.

Facebook is NOT personal and CAN be used for slander reasons. You can get fired from your job for comments you put on facebook and you can have legal action taken against you too. you don't have to be friends with people to see their page if they havent made it private. I don't understand why people still have facebook?! its such a evil thing :S i just wish there was some way of making facebook remove all pictures of me that other people have added on there as they dont have my permission??? sorry kind of came off the subject there :lol:

I'd just ignore it hun, she may well have taken antihistamines or had a reaction and if she had you can certainly expect her to not be happy and as a 16 year old may actually post it on facebook. If it did happen then it is not slander and whilst it may not have been the best way for her to handle this she is doing what she knows best rather than deal with it the most appropriate way by coming into the salon.

If a friend had phoned up then that explains why she didn't go in, she didn't sound confrontational at all. I don't think it will go anywhere but who was it who found her facebook page, has one of the staff searched for her and if so why did they do that? Ignorance is sometimes bliss.

You will always get people trying to slag you off, it has happened a few times to me, more often than not it is from a competitor or from someone who is jealous of your success. You can certainly rise above it, at the end of the day it won't affect your business and is it really worth the hassle chasing her up for this review she DNA'd? Chances are you won't see or hear from her again but if you do have a real concern for any reaction she may have had then I would write to her, keep it formal and concentrating only on the potential reaction, send it recorded delivery and if she doesn't reply then leave well alone.

x

Thank you everyone for the comments :)

I am doing my best to let it wash over me!! I've had a lot on my mind just lately and have been a bit down & fed up about one thing & another so I've probably let this get to me more than it would do normally.

I'm not going to contact her, I think it will just antagonise the situation & I do think if she had a genuine reaction, her mum would have been on the phone pdq.

I MAY post on the salon wall about clients listening to us re pre & aftercare.

It was my therapist who saw her post about it as she was suspicious after the no-show on Saturday, so searched her name. I have not slandered said 16 yr old on here as was implied earlier as names have been deleted. The wall was not set to private so anyone could see it.

And yes, 8 hours later, I still have a bee in my bonnet about it, lol. More the fact it sounds like she did something on purpose to go green so she could claim compensation!!

Some people hey?

I wasn't 16 too long ago and would probably have done something similaraly stupid... I wouldn't let it get to you. I doubt anything would come from it as others have said. I think if she contacts you then ask her to come in to explain what happened. Ask her to bring a doctors note to say what happened if she mentions it as you'd like to find out what happened in order to stop it happening again. She can't get money outa you cause she signed the consent form etc. Don't worry chick x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Ok i agree but the thing is i stumbble across ppls facebook and you can see ppls fb page without being friends with them not everyone

Also i would just ignore her as you followed all the guidlines and she has not mentioned your name or anything iwould give her a call.

Latest posts

Back