Am I being irresponsible letting my 7 year old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
.. have a Swarovski Crystal pedi as a birthday treat?

She's been mithering me for months to have one but i've been reluctant due to her young age. She's 7 on saturday and I know it will make her day if i give her a CND gift voucher with the service written on it (she loves looking at them)

She's had rockstar toes and fingers done by myself on special occasions with no problems, (other than she can't keep them on for more than a week without them peeling off)

am i fretting about nothing?

As a treat I don't see a problem with it. She sounds like a typical little girl that loves all things sparkly.

Only you know your daughter though. At least with a qualified mum she'll get them removed properly!

Are you going to do it yourself? If you are paying another tech to do it then it's a lot of expense, when you consider that young children produce very oily nails and in most cases nail polish comes off within a few hours. It does depend what you are setting the crystals in, polish, shellac gel etc. I'm not sure if using a gel polish would be legal and how long it would last.
I would use rhinestones if it's the bling she is after which is a cheeper version but can still look nice and no where near as expensive.;)

Im doing gelish on my 7 year old neice tomorrow as a treat thay r moving to Australia for 2 years so I will not be a regular thing ,not sure how it will last :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

My daughter was 6 a fortnight ago and she had minx on her fingers (kimmi kees multi coloured leopard, which she chose) and dotty shellac with a few crystals on her toes. She LOVED it and the first piece of minx only came off a few days ago. The shellac lasts about a month on her toes.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with it as a treat - I'd certainly never considered (and doubt) that there may be legal implications! I do like the idea of the rhinestones though.

I would use rhinestones if it's the bling she is after which is a cheeper version but can still look nice and no where near as expensive.;)

I agree - she'd be thrilled with them and would never know the difference! :)

2nd day of school hols and my 8yr old twins had gelish by me today! It's only a one off, she'll be so pleased x

yes, I'm going to be doing them on her.

She has teeny tiny nail beds so don't mind using genuine swavs on her as won't be using many - Rhinestones just don't sparkle the same and trust me when i say that nothing gets past her, she'd know straight away if they weren't genuine swavs ( i have them on mine ATM, so she'd know)

i'm using all Shellac products (base, colour, set in TC, but last coat of TC is with ECO universal topcoat as the crystals seem to stay on for longer.

so that's decided it then - she's having them...!

will post pics next week...

thanks ladies xxx

Definitely don't see a problem with this! It's not like it's a regular thing, besides, everyone deserves to be spoiled on their birthday :D looking forward to seeing pictures!

I prefer to see 7 year old girls with sparkly pedis that babies with their ears pierced!!

Go for it! :hug:

You will never get everyone to agree but comments so far seem to favour this and I agree. I have a little girl who is 7 months and I know once she reaches 7 years she will want all the glitzy sparkle us girlies love!! My only niggle is that I would use a product whereby no damage is done to the natural nail so setting them in shellac would be my choice. Look forward to seeing your pics x

Go for it! Your daughter will love it! X

Aw take a pic cos that's going to look so cute on tiny toes :) trouble is, she will probably want them all the time once she's had it done once. Hope she's got lots of flip flops too cos she will want to show them off ;)

My 11 yr old will be having rocketeer fingers and toes all through the holidays. She's had acrylics for her bday (I didn't prep just applied). I would rather do them myself as I know they are being properly applied and removed than have her and her friends.mess with acrylic kits from boots which seems to.be the.newest craze near me xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

My daughter is 10 and had rockstar toes for hols last yr. I'm going to do my daughters to for our holiday. I want to tint her lashes and wax her legs but am trying to wait till she's at least 12!

As for the legal thing it may have implications for your insurance...as if you're going to sue yourself! lol I wouldn't do it on any child other than my own though :) (Can't wait till my 8 year old lets me at her eyebrows haha!).

On your own child, go ahead and make the lass happy!!
On another child I wouldn’t..
Once I did a Swarovski heart of a lot of stones n my horses one hoof. I have a flash lamp with led light, so I cured the topcoat with it. It stayed on for 2 weeks.
I will never do it to another person’s horse, but he’s not suing me. But he wanted a lot of carrots at the time.

Have fun doing your lassie happy and pretty

Awww i think its lovely to do that for her,my daughter is 13 and hardly ever gets any treatments so i am going to treat her this summer holiday :)

My little girl is 5 1/2 and will be having rockstar toes for holiday next week. Shellac won't damage her nails. She loves all things sparkly so she will love them. She had Olympic toes the other week and loved them. Some people may think she is too young but it's just her toes. I wouldn't do Shellac on her hands as she bites and picks her nails but when she is older I will x

Shellac on her hands as she bites and picks her nails but when she is older I will x
This is precisely why I like to do my daughters nails - she's started to pick up the bad habits of other people! :smack: However, when her nails are all pretty and sparkly she wants to keep them all nice and doesn't touch them :D

Also, when they're so little, they are religious about applying their solar oil :lol:

Latest posts

Back