am i too expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexs

Reaction score
well i just finished my course in manicures, pedicures, nail tech and nail art.
ive sorted my price, but i had some one phone last night to book for a pedicure and when i told her £14 she decided to just have a shape and paint.
do you think that this is too much, as i though that this was reasonable.

Depends what your pedicure includes, but £14 sounds a bargain to me. I charge £22.50 for mine and it takes an hour. Some people want something for nothing these days.

Too true Sassy, your right there wanting something for nothing. I have 3 kinds of pedicure, express, basic and luxury (which includes massage). Express is £7.50, Basic is £14 and Luxury is £19. I just checked what the local salons were charging and based my prices around that. Seems to have worked for me. :)

I think thats a bargain chick, the salons round here charge atleast £20 for a basic pedi!!

Hi

I charge
£20 for a basic Ped

and £25 for a luxury ped

Billie x

:confused: i take about an hour and include all the basics, also a foot and leg massage. i thought it was about right. but i do think people want something for nothing these days.
trouble now is she only wants a shape and paint. what do i charge?:mad:

I charge £8.50 for that hun

i was going to say about £6
this is my first real client apart from friends and family and family of friends.

:confused: i take about an hour and include all the basics, also a foot and leg massage. i thought it was about right. but i do think people want something for nothing these days.
trouble now is she only wants a shape and paint. what do i charge?:mad:

Wow, you do all of that for £14 !! I would be the first in the queue. :)

I charge £10 for a basic pedi (nail shape, cuticle tidy, enamel and a some cucumber heel therapy rubbed in)

For what you are offering, I charge £25.

If she just wants a nail shape and colour, working on how much you currently charge, I would say you should charge her between £7 - £8.

Marlise

Definitely doesn't sound too expensive. My pedicures are £15 (mini) & £30 (lux. spa)! I still get plenty of people asking for pedicures.

I would say 8.50 as well

:confused: :grr: could i ask how much you think i should charge for manicures to:confused:

Think its a bargain!!! When we first open the salon we charged around £15 for regular pedicure, £19 for spa and £25 for our signature pedicure. Now we charged a bit more.

But it really depends what kind of service you are offering. For shape and colour £7 or 8 would be good.

As for manicures, in our salon prices start from £ 10 to 20. £2 extra if its french.

Welcome to the World of the nail tech!! Start as you mean to go on. I am like you in that I seem to allow my clients to dictate to me what they are going to pay sometimes, but you learn the hard way. i am starting to get tougher with them. They wouldn't negotiate a price in a salon would they.
Get yourself some prices typed up based on similar prices being charged in your area. Depends on quality of your work as to whether you charge top dollar or an average but dont sell yourself too short. Dont do what I have done and be too "nice" people take advantage it looks like you are grateful to them and not the otherway round if you know what I mean.

Good luck chicken
Charlotte

i charge £20 for apedicure and £22 for a heat treatment pedicure, I consider this cheap as I am using quality products and depending on how pushed I am spend at least 1 hour 15 minutes on a pedicure.
I charge £9.00 for a file and polish.

thank you all so much you have all really helped me
maybe i will have to be abit tougher.
im diffinitey going to look at my prices again

I charge £9 for a file, cream and polish on feet
and £20 for my spa pedicure - with heated boots - I'm def going to bump this up next year as it's been really popular (no wonder) and have been getting loads of referrals. I try to keep it to about 1hour including enamel .

Latest posts

Back