ANT - Association of Nail Technicians - How many of you are members?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a Member of ANT (Association of Nail Technicians)

• Yes

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 56.7%
  • Never Heard of it!!!!

Votes: 50 27.8%

• Total voters

~shelley~

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you are members of the ANT ?? & how does it benefit you??

I am not but think i am going to join.

Thanks everyone xx

I was a member of ANT for about 4 years but this year I decided not to rejoin. I could not really see what benefit I was getting.

I know this is a bit of a cop out and do feel a bit guilty that I should support our Association but I did not feel that the support was two way.

We do need an association but I think it needs to be far more proactive to help its members.

i'm not a member of ANT,
shelly i've never seen the need,but i'm very interested in what everyone else has go to say i've been wondering for sometime if i should join. does anyone know the benefits?

i'm not a member of ANT,
shelly i've never seen the need,but i'm very interested in what everyone else has go to say i've been wondering for sometime if i should join. does anyone know the benefits?
thats how i feel hun, thats why i started this thread/poll xxxxxxxxxxx

nope im not what do i gain in joining? enlighten me....maybe i will change my mind !

amb x

i was an ANT member,... but i didnt renew my membership........im too lazy to faff abt sending off all my training certs (ive got too many:lol: )....so i just never quite got round to it... plus its nt essential for me at the mo and i cant afford to spend out for extras iykwim

i think that what Rachel (Chocolate) is trying to do with ANT is great and i know that when i eventually get around to sorting my certs out i will rejoin (pennies permiting!) again... we do need an association but i think that it will take time to get it really sorted for its members..........

Jess
xox

No, im not a memeber, i havnt really felt the need to join, and dont really know what benefits you get for being a memeber.

I was a member for 2 years, then this year decided not to join following a long and hardwork conversation with them about sending off certificates to prove already existing membership - I got so frustrated I put the phone down, ranted a bit (as usual), and gave up.

A few months later I realised there was no point in moaning about standards, lack of support for good techs/salons, etc. if I didn't support our very own Association, so I gritted my teeth, took down all my certificates to photocopy and rejoined.

The ANT may not have the 'teeth' it would like to have, but if we don't join and show our support then we won't even have an Association. I think we owe it to ourselves to help ourselves, maybe if there were more members Rachel would have more funds available to do more work :|

Besides you get 12 months subscription to Professional Nails Magazine for free by joining, that in itself is worth the money :D

is anyone a member that thinks it benefits them??

Not anymore, I saw it as a waste of money as I never could see anything they were doing for the industry.

Don't you think HABIA is doing a lot of the work ANT could be doing?

I've not really heard of them!! :) Apart from on here that is!

Looking at the poll results, I think its a sad state of affairs that hardly any of us are members of the organisation thats supposed to be representing us ... Im not critisising here ... Im not a member either!
Like others, I was a member. I paid my money and received my window sticker and coaster but, I never heard from them again until the renewal date arrived. They'd probably have more members if people were aware of what it is they actually do and were more high profile about doing it!

I am a member but get nothing, no magazines or anything... well... I got a little metal pin clip the size of an ant... :lol:

Ive got it at last! Thats the ANT by the way! :eek: Finally, after months of sorting and nagging, i finally took over the ANT 2 weeks ago. I now sort the full works, including membership. There are so many changes already with lots more to come. Thank you so much to the geeks and members that have stuck with us. :hug: It was not run by nail techs before, but is is now, so i want to get things right.

We have a new membership structure, Gold (5 days training or can include 2 days of CPD points by attending pro nails shows), Silver (2 days training) and Bronze (students). All info is on the new website at www.ant.uk.net. Proof needs only to be supplied once and is kept on file for ever! No updates are now required.

You also get:

BENEFITS
·Membership of a nationally recognised body, promoting the nail industry
·A special ANT pack with membership certificate
·1 year's subscription to Professional Nails magazine - including discount Gold Card
·Quarterly ANT newsletter packed full of advice
·Dedicated ANT Hotline to answer all your nail questions
·Reduced cost of insurance packages – (proposal will be sent with your pack)
·Yearly copy of the Professional Beauty Suppliers Directory (worth £30)
·Approved NVQ certified training and assessments
·15% discount on all books from HABIA
·VIP access with your Gold Card to all of the Professional Beauty and Nails exhibitions
·Website for up-to-date information on NVQ, training, and shows
·£5 discount for Professional Nails Competitions
·Use of ANT logo on promotional literature (silver and gold only)
·ANT membership badge, pen and certificate
·Code of Ethics poster
·Promotional material available to purchase soon

We are just finishing the new insurance proposal for £31.50 per year. The new Gold member contact directory will go live on the new website this autumn. I have some more discounts with suppliers being arranged. New £5 discount for Pro nail competitiors. New telephone hotline for enquiries (01322 555724). And much more!

There is lot more i intend to do, but one step at a time. I do hope that the members will appreciate the work i have put in. I want the ANT to be a recognised voice. The Radio 1 interview on MMA caused lots of info calls, im a member of the HABIA forum so do i lot of work on qualifications, we are pushing the councils to raise standards, promting the ANt to consumer mags, updating careers centres of job advice and much more behind the scenes.

We have a stand at the Earls Court show so come and say hi! I will be running the comps, so hopefully i will see some of you there to.

Watch this space, the ANT is coming back! :)

Ive got it at last! Thats the ANT by the way! :eek: Finally, after months of sorting and nagging, i finally took over the ANT 2 weeks ago. I now sort the full works, including membership. There are so many changes already with lots more to come. Thank you so much to the geeks and members that have stuck with us. :hug: It was not run by nail techs before, but is is now, so i want to get things right.

We have a new membership structure, Gold (5 days training or can include 2 days of CPD points by attending pro nails shows), Silver (2 days training) and Bronze (students). All info is on the new website at www.ant.uk.net. Proof needs only to be supplied once and is kept on file for ever! No updates are now required.

You also get:

BENEFITS
·Membership of a nationally recognised body, promoting the nail industry
·A special ANT pack with membership certificate
·1 year's subscription to Professional Nails magazine - including discount Gold Card
·Quarterly ANT newsletter packed full of advice
·Dedicated ANT Hotline to answer all your nail questions
·Reduced cost of insurance packages – (proposal will be sent with your pack)
·Yearly copy of the Professional Beauty Suppliers Directory (worth £30)
·Approved NVQ certified training and assessments
·15% discount on all books from HABIA
·VIP access with your Gold Card to all of the Professional Beauty and Nails exhibitions
·Website for up-to-date information on NVQ, training, and shows
·£5 discount for Professional Nails Competitions
·Use of ANT logo on promotional literature (silver and gold only)
·ANT membership badge, pen and certificate
·Code of Ethics poster
·Promotional material available to purchase soon

We are just finishing the new insurance proposal for £31.50 per year. The new Gold member contact directory will go live on the new website this autumn. I have some more discounts with suppliers being arranged. New £5 discount for Pro nail competitiors. New telephone hotline for enquiries (01322 555724). And much more!

There is lot more i intend to do, but one step at a time. I do hope that the members will appreciate the work i have put in. I want the ANT to be a recognised voice. The Radio 1 interview on MMA caused lots of info calls, im a member of the HABIA forum so do i lot of work on qualifications, we are pushing the councils to raise standards, promting the ANt to consumer mags, updating careers centres of job advice and much more behind the scenes.

We have a stand at the Earls Court show so come and say hi! I will be running the comps, so hopefully i will see some of you there to.

Watch this space, the ANT is coming back! :)
thanks for this info rachel, it sounds fab!! well done xxxxxxxx

Hi chocolate, thanks for posting the info - i'm just about to set my little nails business up (at last!) and was wondering about whether to spend this money on joining the ANT, and now you've persuaded me! I'll be sending my certs in etc once i get myself sorted! Thanks again and hope to see you at EC x

Congratulations Rachel, you've worked so hard and it's fantastic that it's all finally been worth it. Onwards and upwards :hug:

I have always been a Member. Thought about not renewing earlier this year but still went ahead. I have insureance though ANT not too expensive. I also phoned the Help Line for info and to my surpize was given a local number, that I recognised, which was Rachel and she was a great help with Contract to Rent Space - Thanks Rachel. I like to let clients know I am a member too. If I have to prove I have been trained before I can become a member they know I'm not just any ol' tech doing nails. I recently used the Beauty Directory that ANT sent me to find a college to attend for NVQ beauty and will be enrolling next sept. Found the directory great for product search too! I love getting Pro Nails Mag and Gold Card etc the list is nearly ended and now Rachel has taken over ANT that's the best reason to renew next year for me.

certainly sound like theres a lot more reasons to join up now. i'm going to look into it.

Ta very much geeks, its early days but with you lot behind me, what more could i ask for! Any suggestions and ideas are always welcome!
PS Just let me get the competitions over first!!! Ha ha! :)

Latest posts

Back