ANT - Association of Nail Technicians - How many of you are members?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you a Member of ANT (Association of Nail Technicians)

• Yes

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 56.7%
  • Never Heard of it!!!!

Votes: 50 27.8%

• Total voters
Congratulations Rachel, I am sure with you running the show it can only get better.
I have always been a member and I like the benifits of being in ANT not least the professional nails mag and the gold card and the £5.00 off comp entry:) but I also feel that its my little bit towards supporting the industry.

I am an ANT member as I got a free years membership when I done the complete Nail Tech course with K Sa Ra (Chocolate) when renewal is up I shall be rejoining

I've never really seen the benifit of being a member but now Rachel has taken over and the changes she has already put in place, I'm seriously thinking about it now.

Well done Chocolate and good luck with the new position!

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

i haven'ty been a member for years as i saw no benefits but this update has made me reconsider renewing my membership.

Well done.

I am a member and have just renewed my membership. The ANT needs members to help it to go from strength to strength. It's your opportunitty to have a voice and I think Rachel (Chocolate) will do a great job.

I joined in my 1st year of doing nails & took out the insurance offered.
At that time the only benefit of being a member was the free subscription to PN and that's about it!
I did not rejoin and i miss my copies of PN.
However, having looked at what Chocolate has written and checked out the site, i might just rejoin.

I was a member of ANT for about 4 years but this year I decided not to rejoin. I could not really see what benefit I was getting.

I know this is a bit of a cop out and do feel a bit guilty that I should support our Association but I did not feel that the support was two way.

We do need an association but I think it needs to be far more proactive to help its members.

Since I heard that Rachel was taking over ANT, I chose to rejoin - I think there are exciting times ahead and at least Rachel listens and cares and is not doing it purely for the subs.

So my NO has just become a YES LOL.

For those of you who don't yet know, I am now assisting Rachel (Chocolate) with the ANT and am now commonly known as the ANT Membership Secretary. We are taking more new members every week and hopefully we will be providing a better service than was previously available. With a great technician and trainer like Rachel at the helm hopefully it will go from strength to strength, but we need more members to have a bigger voice.

If anyone has not been receiving their mag subs etc then please email [email protected] or call 0208 302 2020 (ANT Hotline) and we will look into it and get back to you and discuss what we can do to rectify the problem. If you are not getting what you have paid for then let us know. We are finding lots of little irritations like this which I'm sure will be a hangover from the old system for a while, but we are trying our hardest to ensure that all our members get what they are entitled to as quickly as we can.

Hope this helps.

Sue
x

I have just emailed ANT for further information, and I can't wait to receive a reply.

Joan

I joined ANT at Earl's Court after a very lengthy discussion with them:lol:

I really believe that now with Rachel and Sue behind this organisation it will start to go places!!!

We, as professional people, should really be behind them and join the voice for OUR industry.....without us what's the point of the ANT???:eek:

I received my start up pack today with my copy of PN. Included in this was a newsletter, the ANT code of ethics, NVQ information, my membership certificate, badge, pen and.......the coaster !!!!! PMSL!!!!

Come on people......join up and lets get our industry noticed.....for all the right reasons :hug: xxx

I think that I might have to have a look into it xx

I am a current member of our Association here in OZ
(Australian Professional Fingernail Association)
I am also the President, Accredited Nail Tech with the APFA and a Competition Judge.
I have been a member since 1994.
Yes, I've seen many changes in the industry throughout that time. We are slowly rebuilding our membership through a lot of hard work and many hours behind the scenes (on the computer - typing up documents, manuals, keeping the website up to date, etc)

We do accept members from overseas and currently have some in the USA, Europe and Asia.

Our website is: APFA - The Australian Association for Professional Nail Practitioners

Drop in and say Hi on our forums :)

I haven't as couldn't see the benefits till now, but will think about joining when funds are less tight.

I am a member of the ANT, I joined last July, and to date, have only recieved my welcome pack and just one newsletter. :sad:
I have to say, I've been quite disappointed really, and I have yet to use my 'Gold Card' on something that is relative to me!!
I do hope that you will be able to make some really great changes, chocolate, and I wish you luck in your new mission!! :green:

Ive got it at last! Thats the ANT by the way! :eek: Finally, after months of sorting and nagging, i finally took over the ANT 2 weeks ago. I now sort the full works, including membership. There are so many changes already with lots more to come. Thank you so much to the geeks and members that have stuck with us. :hug: It was not run by nail techs before, but is is now, so i want to get things right.

We have a new membership structure, Gold (5 days training or can include 2 days of CPD points by attending pro nails shows), Silver (2 days training) and Bronze (students). All info is on the new website at Professional Beauty and Professional Spa - Association of Nail Technicians. Proof needs only to be supplied once and is kept on file for ever! No updates are now required.

You also get:

BENEFITS
·Membership of a nationally recognised body, promoting the nail industry
·A special ANT pack with membership certificate
·1 year's subscription to Professional Nails magazine - including discount Gold Card
·Quarterly ANT newsletter packed full of advice
·Dedicated ANT Hotline to answer all your nail questions
·Reduced cost of insurance packages – (proposal will be sent with your pack)
·Yearly copy of the Professional Beauty Suppliers Directory (worth £30)
·Approved NVQ certified training and assessments
·15% discount on all books from HABIA
·VIP access with your Gold Card to all of the Professional Beauty and Nails exhibitions
·Website for up-to-date information on NVQ, training, and shows
·£5 discount for Professional Nails Competitions
·Use of ANT logo on promotional literature (silver and gold only)
·ANT membership badge, pen and certificate
·Code of Ethics poster
·Promotional material available to purchase soon

We are just finishing the new insurance proposal for £31.50 per year. The new Gold member contact directory will go live on the new website this autumn. I have some more discounts with suppliers being arranged. New £5 discount for Pro nail competitiors. New telephone hotline for enquiries (01322 555724). And much more!

There is lot more i intend to do, but one step at a time. I do hope that the members will appreciate the work i have put in. I want the ANT to be a recognised voice. The Radio 1 interview on MMA caused lots of info calls, im a member of the HABIA forum so do i lot of work on qualifications, we are pushing the councils to raise standards, promting the ANt to consumer mags, updating careers centres of job advice and much more behind the scenes.

We have a stand at the Earls Court show so come and say hi! I will be running the comps, so hopefully i will see some of you there to.

Watch this space, the ANT is coming back! :)

I didn't renew this year either. It was a really good deal when it was Professional Nails - i would have renewed this year if it still was - but Professional Beauty doesn't really cater for nails, so would not be interested in subscribing to it. I would renew if there were an option to without the subscription and the membership fee reflected this. Or has Prof Nails been bought back and i don't know about it?? :lol:

well I cant join cos I havent done a 5 day course :(

i know i should ring the ant to ask but i always forget on my days off.
i joined a while ago after reading this thread as a student member, i have since qualified in level 2 vtct manis/pedis (17 weeks course)
my question is can you upgrade? or do i stay as student until renewal? (i am still a student doing nail technology, but only got 6 weeks left)
also is there much difference between student/bronze/gold membership?

hi geeks
im a member of ant joined in jan,
got my gold card through today
tracy x

Don't know whether to join or not, article in the Times magazine today about Phyllis Starkey MP and the intro of the bill on rogue nail bars and mentions about the ANT listing reputable nail techs across the UK, gives the web address for people.

Latest posts

Back