Any Nail Geeks Up For Another Geeky Challenge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I am in awe of the talented geeks on Emmsy's thread re. acrylic rings. So, who thinks it's a good idea to have another geeky challenge which will be voted for by the geeks?

I will be happy to post the poll when the entries are in. No prizes, just loads of praise and recognition. The rings can be for the fingers or the toes.

What I need to know from you is when do you think entries should be in and how many geeks should enter?

If anybody is interested then we can finalize the rules at the end of this thread. What do you think?

What a brill idea, me and Jules (Tiger Jay) were saying the same thing yesterday, that we needed a Geek Of the Ring gallery. What a perfect way to do it.

If I can help, let me know. xxxxxx

Now look,
I'm trying to get my packing done for my holiday next week!

Now stop distracting me!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great idea.:green:

What a brill idea, me and Jules (Tiger Jay) were saying the same thing yesterday, that we needed a Geek Of the Ring gallery. What a perfect way to do it.

If I can help, let me know. xxxxxx
Ok Rachel, so what time span do you think we should give for the challenge, taking into account that we all lead busy lives. We need to have a cut off date when entries are in.

Then we need to know how many geeks for the challenge? Should we keep it as to recent challenges where there have been 2 entries or should we make it i bigger challenge?

I think a summer theme would be great ....... bright, flowerey, sunny, sparkly IYKWIM.

C'mon geeks. This is your challenge and you get to vote:biggrin: xx

Now look,
I'm trying to get my packing done for my holiday next week!

Now stop distracting me!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great idea.:green:

Ooooh no Tiger. Does this mean you won't be joining in:cry: ? :hug: xx

Thats great idea!!!

Ooooh no Tiger. Does this mean you won't be joining in:cry: ? :hug: xx
I'd love to!

I'll just have to see how much time I have between now and holiday.:)

You see! Back on line again!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!

We (Sam & moderators) have been putting together a competition guideline. It will obviously take a bit of time to finalise it, therefore could you please hold on regarding the rules until we've finished the article with the guidelines outlined.

lol :green: what started off as a tiny snowflake has now become a giant snowman :green:

speaking of geeky challenges im just waiting on the theme for the next two and ill be in touch xxxx

We (Sam & moderators) have been putting together a competition guideline. It will obviously take a bit of time to finalise it, therefore could you please hold on regarding the rules until we've finished the article with the guidelines outlined.

Sounds great Sandi. We have just had the results of the shoe/toes comp and know that the comps can be very demanding on the organizers and judges. Without wanting to burden peeps further I am hoping we can keep this less complicated and where the geeks get to vote in the form of a poll which I am more than happy to post:) .

We have had geek challenges on here before where there are only a couple of entrants. I think we should have more entries but leave the judging open to every geek except perhaps the entrants themselves. I think we need to keep this light hearted and not formal as there are no prizes. JMO though:hug: .

Sounds great Sandi. We have just had the results of the shoe/toes comp and know that the comps can be very demanding on the organizers and judges. Without wanting to burden peeps further I am hoping we can keep this less complicated and where the geeks get to vote in the form of a poll which I am more than happy to post:) .

We have had geek challenges on here before where there are only a couple of entrants. I think we should have more entries but leave the judging open to every geek except perhaps the entrants themselves. I think we need to keep this light hearted and not formal as there are no prizes. JMO though:hug: .
The problem you face by adding a poll to a competition is the limit of 10 choices to vote for.
Unless you were going to limit the number of entrants to 10 (not quite fair to everyone) you would need judges and then it becomes a full blown competition which involves a lot of time and hard work to organise, regardless of whether prizes are offered or not.

I think I might just have a go at this myself.. I am feeling all inspired after the feet pics and the acrylic ring thread.. :)

I am trying to find a way of making it simple, the only thing I can think of is it's done as per emm's geeky challenge, 2 geeks or more if you want, 2 weeks, 2 rings. We can run this alongside the original challenge and maybe have themes for this one.

To make it more interesting, how about matching rings to nails, this way we will get to see some fantastic nail designs at the same time. One ring and one nail but if you want to do a whole hand then thats fine.

2 geeks can be working on their rings and nails and would have 2 weeks to produce them, they go onto a completley unofficial poll as per the nail geeky challange for a week and then a week later the next two should be ready. This should resolve the issue of needing judges as we would just be voting for the fave out of two or how ever many the poll is for.

I am just thinking this off the top of my head, there will be holes in it, feel free to pick it to bits.

i certainly dont mind putting my name forward to share the responsibility of posting the piccies and polls (if someone shows me how to do the poll) along with Mrs Clooney. I probably have more spare time that I can give anyway, damn bad back lol.

Not too long ago emma was talking to me about running two geeky challenges alongside each other so that we had a poll & piccies up every week and this might just be the way to do that.

Right, now it's time for hole picking.....................

The problem you face by adding a poll to a competition is the limit of 10 choices to vote for.
Unless you were going to limit the number of entrants to 10 (not quite fair to everyone) you would need judges and then it becomes a full blown competition which involves a lot of time and hard work to organise, regardless of whether prizes are offered or not.
We have had geeky challenges before though with no probs where the geeks have voted by poll. I think there were only 2 entrants as it wasn't a full on comp. If we have to keep entrants to a minimum because of poll options, then I can't see why that would be a problem.

Further challenges of the same kind could always follow with new entrants and another poll for 10. Then the winner from each section could challenge each other.

I'm off to the movies now so will only get back on line later this evening. Enjoy your afternoon. xx

I am trying to find a way of making it simple, the only thing I can think of is it's done as per emm's geeky challenge, 2 geeks or more if you want, 2 weeks, 2 rings. We can run this alongside the original challenge and maybe have themes for this one.

To make it more interesting, how about matching rings to nails, this way we will get to see some fantastic nail designs at the same time. One ring and one nail but if you want to do a whole hand then thats fine.

2 geeks can be working on their rings and nails and would have 2 weeks to produce them, they go onto a completley unofficial poll as per the nail geeky challange for a week and then a week later the next two should be ready. This should resolve the issue of needing judges as we would just be voting for the fave out of two or how ever many the poll is for.

I am just thinking this off the top of my head, there will be holes in it, feel free to pick it to bits.

i certainly dont mind putting my name forward to share the responsibility of posting the piccies and polls (if someone shows me how to do the poll) along with Mrs Clooney. I probably have more spare time that I can give anyway, damn bad back lol.

Not too long ago emma was talking to me about running two geeky challenges alongside each other so that we had a poll & piccies up every week and this might just be the way to do that.

Right, now it's time for hole picking.....................
Great idea Rachel. We could possibly even have 5 entrants at a time for poll purposes over 2 week intervals, depending on the number of peeps interested.

We already have about 5 geeks wanting to give it a go. I love your idea about a nail and matching ring. I think it could include either fingers or toes.
Anymore takers? xx

So far we have 5 people who want to do it, come on guys n gals, get your name to me and i'll stick u on the list.

Rachel

Put me down too please!

Go on then i'l have another go xx

Latest posts

Back