any news on nailympics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning peeps,

Big Thanks for all your lovely words :hug:

I am just soooooooooo HAPPY!!!! to have won the SootOut, it was an awesome feeling. :green:
Ive genuinely got jaw ache from all the smiling I did yesterday.

The whole nailympics really is an amazing experience ... even if you dont compete, its such a must see event.
The awards ceremony is the most dynamic awards ceremony of all the shows, and I know a lot of that is down to the way Alex & Sam present it.
Some of you might think thats a bit of a creeping thing to say, Id probably think the same if id not been there but, to see Sam up on stage bopping away to the Dandy Warhols while he utters the most unutterable & tongue-tying names in the world, is truly an experience just sooo not to be missed :lol:

I was sad to have missed the fantasy catagory but did see the work in the Mixed media and I was truly blown away by the talent on display.

Big Congrats to Kirsty, Pippa, Liza, kerry & Margarite Belska for flying the flag for the UK (Margarite's Mixed media was awesome).
It was lovely to meet up with everyone ... cant believe we have to wait until September now to do it all again!

Ill post my pic as soon as my son gets in from work ... he bought me a new pc at the weekend (oh the blackmail that will follow!) and Im feeling my way around it at the mo, & I dont have my pics on here yet.

Congrats again to everyone who entered the comps!

:hug:congratulations glo...woo hooooooooooo

Congratulations my little Globug i am sooo chuffed for you babe xxx

Congratulations to all the others that entered and well done for having the guts its a real mean hard competition and the korean girls rock. x

It was wonderful to see Glo get up on stage and accept FIRST!!! Her image was gorgeous and desereved it's top place. I also thought Kirsty's images were excellent too - well donw Kirsty!!

I think as a country we could do so much more and have so many more enter and if practise makes perfect we could be winnners too. We have hosted the Nailympics 3 times and out of 260 competitors, only 9 were from the UK. Russia bought over a CND team that did very well, but the true star of the day was Trang and his team. Trang is just the nicest guy and he puts so much into his competitions and his team so WELL DONE TRANG!!

I don't know all 9 girls, but 2 girls from the UK won a first and a second in some catagory and were just jumping up and down - well done whoever they may be!! Liza Smith took UK Competitor of the Yr which is lovely.

Margarita Belska does totally stunning work - I have asked her to come on the site because I think many of you would get so much out of her talent - she is a lovely person too!!

So apart from enjoying poor Sam trying to pronounce the Korean names (which secretly is a lot of fun), I think a thank you to Alex Fox is in order who puts her whole heart and soul into this event. Thank you and love from us all Alex.

Finally, it was lovely to see / meet many of you over the last 2 days. Bring on September - it is going to be a beast!!!! :eek::!::!::!:

Well done GLO and as Mrs Geek said Trang is amazing (i've never seen anyone handle an efile like that guy, in Aus he decided to do 2 fills at the same time in the same comp ..... aaaamazing) , he takes about 0.5 secs to drill out each free edge. It's great for comps like this, it's makes everyone realise what a worldwide career this is, different nationalities from all over the shop. Congrats to all that competed (it's never easy).

Congratulations Glo, you deserve it hun :hug::hug: xxx

Well done to everyone who entered :)

hi all
thanx for al the congrats:hug:
it was a rather daunting comp for me this yr as i had to move up into the masters division with all the world champins like trang:eek:
the rules around the divisions in the nailympics are slightly different to the usual uk comps.
in the uk,
div 1 is anyone who a) has qualified within the last yr and hasnt comped yet.
div 2 is techs who have been qual for more than 1 yr, &/or entered comps but notplaced.
div 3 is for techs who have placed in comp.(no matter how many tropies you have won)

the nailympics
div 1 is for techswho have entered but not placed in comps
div 2 is for techs who have placed/won upto 6 national comps.
div 3 is for techs who are part of a nail company or have won more than 6 trophies in national comps.

last yr i had 6 trophies, but just missed placing.
since i had won 4 more since sept, that took me into div 3:eek:

i am glad to say i didnt come last in any of my catogeries!
also, in one of them i was only 14 points behind 1st place!
that alone has made me happy, i must admit it was great to not feel under pressure to win this time.
i stand by opinion that you must not stop entering because the same people always win. if u want to compete you will always get better, but so will everyone else.
if u want to be the best, then u have to beat the best.
which is why i still entered the masters cat.

it was a huge added bonus to pick up the top uk competitor award:)

we really must see more uk compers in this competition, it is very weel organised and u will get to see some awesome talent from across the globe, so roll on next yr!

I agree with lisa the nailympics is a great comp to enter and was the first comp i entered, couldn't this year but will be looking forward to next years one. If i could only enter one comp a year it would be this one :)

WELL DONE LIZA - you do us Geeks proud as does everyone else who entered.

I entered Nailympics last year and, yes, it was a terrific experience being part of that big buzz. I was tempted to enter this year but have too much going on domestically.

Trang sure is amazing and I do hope Margarita does join Geekland because her talent is just awesome, not to mention what a lovely lady too.

Hopefully next year there will be a more respectable representation from the UK - COME ON GEEKS - a year to practice practice practice!:lol:

Well done to you Glo and everyone else who did so well:hug:

Everything has been said really. As a Floor Judge, and British, I just want to add my congratulations to all the UK competitors. You all did great!

Glo must have a stiff face as she said! She didn't stop grinning! So well deserved.

I have to say......the UK competitors were a joy. They were all so professional and so polite. So plesant too. The tension is high and stress levels horrible for the competitors but I didn't have one second of trouble from any of them. This is not necessarily the case from some of our visitors!

However, I cannot miss out saying what a true gentleman Trang is and what a pro John Hawk is. They are a delight to watch working.

I can't comment on our individual competitors as they all deserve a 'bow'

Well done to all who flew the flag for the uk, I believe that Kirsty Meakin and Margarite Belska entered fantastic boxed media.

Big well done to gloria, kirsty, pippa and to Mandy Rainford Jones , didnt know she'd entered, she's a great educator. I think someone said Elise Scholes entered too? Also ks moores - what is her real name?!

Like Chris said, 1 year and counting :eek: !

Well done to Liza and all the other geeks who entered the comp!!
:wink2:

I would love to eventually one day enter one myself, for the experience of it all if nothing else.

It must be such a buzz!

Is there another nail show in September? I'm sure I heard somewhere that there was, if there is, I would love to go to that one as I missed out on this one.

If there is another one, where will it be held?

Sarah
xx

Well done to all who flew the flag for the uk, I believe that Kirsty Meakin and Margarite Belska entered fantastic boxed media.

Big well done to gloria, kirsty, pippa and to Mandy Rainford Jones , didnt know she'd entered, she's a great educator. I think someone said Elise Scholes entered too? Also ks moores - what is her real name?!

Like Chris said, 1 year and counting :eek: !

Her name is Kerry.
Well done mate I only just read about you:hug:
You must be so pleased x

Well done to all who entered and placed and a massive well done to Glo :hug:
You soooooooooo deserved it babes xxxxxxxxx

Is there another nail show in September? I'm sure I heard somewhere that there was, if there is, I would love to go to that one as I missed out on this one.

If there is another one, where will it be held?

Sarah
xx

I presume it will be at the Gmex show in Manchester.

YOu are braver than me - wouldnt enter in a million years.

I presume it will be at the Gmex show in Manchester.

YOu are braver than me - wouldnt enter in a million years.

Oh god no! I dont mean to enter the comp! I am so not that brave, I've only just done day 3 of my foundation course! lol

Thanks for the info!
xx

Next on is at Olympia again on the 2nd & 3rd of september hun heres the link

www.professionalbeauty.co.uk/pm/67http://www.professionalbeauty.co.uk/pm/67

Great!

I thought I'd heard something about another one in September.

Thanks so much for the link - I'll go and have a look!

I would just love to go and see the pros in action and also for the experience of it.

I will hopefully be a bit braver then as I would have finished my foundation course and be on my way to my next target!

I'd just feel a bit out of place if I went now! lol:eek:

xx

Well done to everyone that entered. It was great talking to all the other Geeks that I meet. I haven't got my score sheet yet but can't wait to see how I have done good or bad. Its all part of learning. Well done again everyone. :)

Latest posts

Back