Anybody on here joined Facebook?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've joined!!:green:

Took a while and I still haven't got the hang of it but does anyone want to be my friend?:o:)

Facebook is a networking website that you can use to keep in touch with people, find old friends and relatives, advertise services and items for sale, play games etc

First thing to do is sign up for an account. Go to Facebook | Welcome to Facebook! and slick on the green sign up button.

Type in the name you want people to know you by. If you are looking for old school friends and you are married it's areally good idea to put both your married and maiden names in - when people search you will be pulled up by either of the names!

Fill out the rest of the fields on the sign up page as necessary.

You will be sent a sign up link to your e-mail address that you need to activate. Once you have done this go into your newly created profile.

1st step - add a photo, really important if you want old friends to find you because when a search is done under your name it brings up all the people in the entire world that are on facebook with that name! Click on the link under the big question mark to upload a photo!

2nd step
click on edit my profile. Here you can add you home town religous views if you want to and most imprtantly what you are looking for in terms of relationships!! There are several catagory tabs along the top you can click on to add as much or as little about yourself. Rembember only people you add as frineds can see you profile details so you can add photos and personal information with out worrying that just anyone can see it!

Over on the lefthand side of your profile screen there is a search field type the name of a person or group you wish to find and then press enter. The results are displayed first by all people with names that match, and then groups and workplaces.

Underneath the search field are some other tabs. Photos will take you to all the photos you have on your profile and also all the ones your friends have. Click on the add new photos tab to upload new photos. If you go into an album that a friend has created you can add commets to individual photos.

the groups tab on your profile will take you to groups on your profile and groups that your friends are members of. If you add me as a friend and click on groups you will see that I am a member of a very interesting group called addicts for acrylic nails - believe me there is some interesting reads on there??!! you can choose to add the group or not.

Events is for you to schedule anything you might be going to or doing to and your friends can keep track of your schedule!

Marketplace is for you to look for things to buy, services in your area etc or you can place an add for your services or things you want to sell.

Trying to think of these things off the top of my head! If there is anything more specific you wan to know about let me know!

This thread has inspired me to sort mine out, I have set my up a while ago and done nothing much with it, I'll go on later and fill out my profile properly. Thanks guys :)

thats alrite hunnio.... im on level 138 on pirates now... well and truly addicted!!
lololol:lol:

yeah she keeps bombing me and nicking my gold!

yeah she keeps bombing me and nicking my gold!

think you just got me back hunnio.... i just couldnt find an island quick enough!...lol 795 coins :eek:

I've joined!!:green:

Took a while and I still haven't got the hang of it but does anyone want to be my friend?:o:)

Lol:lol:

I'll be your friend (said in a very Forrest Gumpesque accent!)

I'm Sarah F on there :hug::hug:

xx

well i've joined not sure WTF i'm doing with it.(it takes me a while)

i've got one friend Jennykins thanks love....i thought i was going to be a billy no mates.

oh before i forget what the pirate thing all about ???

well i've joined not sure WTF i'm doing with it.(it takes me a while)

i've got one friend Jennykins thanks love....i thought i was going to be a billy no mates.

oh before i forget what the pirate thing all about ???

What name has you signed up under - then we can find you. And do a search for "the nail geeks" and you can find us!!:green:

i've joined the nail geeks yes.

i'm lucy lavender on there.

I am on, I am on. I am in desperate need of some friends hee hee:)

I am under Theresa ****son London Network. Second one down. You are all welcome to add me if you like:)
If you want to chat about
tattoos
piercings
NAILS
Nail art 3d especailly
competitions
college work (starting my Beauty therapy course next week woohoo)
Guitar (soon will be jammin)
Virago bikes (saving to get one)
Children especially if you understand alien possessed 18 year old girls, cause I dont remember being quite like that haha
Music
Films
you name
xx

I am Lelli Hough on there :) Add me

I'm there....Judy Archibald :)

Hi guys

Just joined netlog, I was directed there from the facebook site, hope this is right as ive just been on and ive 2 requests from guys wanting to me my friend:eek: lol, tell me this happens to you guys too :lol: thanks xx

Julie x

Didnt happen to me:eek::eek:

I'm Rachel Oxton on face book, feel free to add me anyone xx

OOOH think I'm getting the hang of all this now! Yaay I don't feel so old anymore!

I'm starting to get the hang of it too, although my hubby kept wanting a shot of the pirate game, told him to get his own facebook lol.

I'm Fiona Agnew on there if anyone wants to add me :)

Latest posts

Back