Arching eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemouse

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Ive just covered eye treatments at college,but we were not really shown how to arch somebodiy's brows.I know how to measure,choose the correct shape but the actual art of arching has never been demonstrated.Please give me some tips.

xxx

We wer'nt shown at college either, its just practice. You cant do it with some peoples eyebrows, mine for eg as I have a natual gap which, when you try to arch mine looks like a bald spot. You have to use your judgement, practice on your friends and family, thats what I did.

Trish :hug:

Try this:

1. Divide the length of the brow into three equal parts. The 1st section - nearest the nose, 2nd section - the middle, the 3rd section - the tail end. You can mark them with a pencil

2. Go to the start of the third section (the final third). Carefully tweeze a couple of hairs from the underneath but stop, stand back and assess. You want to create a gradual slope upwards and then downwards, if they have enough brow. You don't want to create a gap and no tadpoles. This is where the inner edge is thick and then goes straight into a thin line. Very unattractive.

A big mistake that people make is that they start the arch in the middle of the brow. Bad look.

Feel free to ask questions if I haven't made myself clear. xxxx

Hi Kim, so if you were waxing the brow in this way, would you apply the wax in three separate sections, eg apply to section three, wax, then two, wax, then one etc? Or would you apply in one go? x

To find the highest point of an arch i tend to get the client to look straight up and hold an orange wood stick straight above to get a point directly above the centre of the pupil, i use the same method to get correct length, i.e- nose to edge of inner end of eyelid and outer too.
i use my spatula almost like a pencil to draw the wax on to get more accuracy, i do this in one application of wax. then tweeze the fine detail. i very rarely do a sharp arch unless specifically asked, generally a gentle sloping arch tapered nicely at the end.
don't know if this is an outdated technique but it works really well for me, hth xx

The way I create my arch is by asking the client to look straight ahead.

Then, with a pencil, I hold this against the outside of the nose at the bottom, where the nostril flares. I hold the pencil straight up and to the edge of the corner of the eye...any hair towards the middle from the pencil should come out.
The , to get the arch, I hold the pencil/thin spatula against the corner of the nostril and direct it across the eye at a slant so that the pencil/thin spatula goes right across the eye at the same point as the black part of the pupil, where the pencil/spatula touches the brow should be the highest point of the arch of the brow.
To determine the end of the brow, I hold the pencil/spatula against the nostril and slant across the cheekbone to the very outside corner of the eye, any brow hair on the outside of this should be removed.
After I have worked out those areas, I wax out a natural arched line across the underside of the brow.
I have tried to draw a diagram, but it's pants, so I hope you can get the gist of what I'm trying to describe!

Many thanks,excellent advice as per usual.
xxx

The way I create my arch is by asking the client to look straight ahead.

Then, with a pencil, I hold this against the outside of the nose at the bottom, where the nostril flares. I hold the pencil straight up and to the edge of the corner of the eye...any hair towards the middle from the pencil should come out.
The , to get the arch, I hold the pencil/thin spatula against the corner of the nostril and direct it across the eye at a slant so that the pencil/thin spatula goes right across the eye at the same point as the black part of the pupil, where the pencil/spatula touches the brow should be the highest point of the arch of the brow.
To determine the end of the brow, I hold the pencil/spatula against the nostril and slant across the cheekbone to the very outside corner of the eye, any brow hair on the outside of this should be removed.
After I have worked out those areas, I wax out a natural arched line across the underside of the brow.
I have tried to draw a diagram, but it's pants, so I hope you can get the gist of what I'm trying to describe!

i want the diagram:confused:

Blimey! I found one on google.....

Blimey! I found one on google.....

oh, well done.
i totally see now, the line halfway between the 2 ends is the highest point of the brow.

i so wish i had nice eybrows like this.i hate mine i over plucked when i was still at school so now i havent got an arch,they look horrible.i have still got eyebrows and i have seen more over plucked eyebrows than mine but i hate there shape,they look horrible:cry:

When doing eyebrows I sometimes feel like I should be looking at the client from the front, rather than standing behind them. I think it's because they're upside down (or maybe I'm just going mad). Where does everyone position themselves when doing brows?!

Someone should invent something we could practise on before doing them on 'real' people. Bit like the nail trainer but an eyebrow trainer, think I might go on Dragon's Den LOL! x

I also stand in front of the client when shaping the brows. I feel it makes perfect sense. A make-up artist would not apply make-up upside down!

I quess it's what you feel comfortable with and what gives you the best result.

Try This

Jenx

Someone should invent something we could practise on before doing them on 'real' people. Bit like the nail trainer but an eyebrow trainer, think I might go on Dragon's Den LOL! x

Been looking at this for some time, was hoping no-one else would think of it whilst I was in the planning stage!

Been looking at this for some time, was hoping no-one else would think of it whilst I was in the planning stage!

Well I'll be your first customer, the first of many I'd imagine. It's amazing how many people lack confidence in brow shaping, it's not really the sort of thing you can practise without doing it on a 'real' person. Once it's off, it's off. :)

I stand at the side of them but turn their head to check and mark. xxxx

I was trained to wax from behind, whilst the client lays on the beauty couch.

However, I don't do eyebrows upside down & back to front!!
I have the client sat in a chair and they look straight ahead & I stand infront of them and glare at 'em! It's the only way!!:lol:
I wax them whilst they are sat in a chair too (eyebrows & under arms too)

Latest posts

Back