Are any salon geeks fitness geeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I have finally decided to start exercising and looked into gyms but none are suiting my budget and times etc

i was wondering if any geeks are here are into fitness and could give me some advice. all i want to do is tone up but not lose weight. i want to target my legs, bum, stomach and arms.

is there an exercise machine that i could use at home that would target all those instead of having to buy 3 or 4 separate machines?

Thanks

Get a wii fit! x

Is a wee fit any good? will it help tone the whole body? kylie ur a god send, i completely forgot about the wii fit, gonna look up prices for it now thank u xxxx

also whats the difference in the wii fit and wii fit plus? am i better getting the wii fit plus with the board?

A vibe plate machine works wonders and is a lazy way of toning them muscles whilst holding a G&T in one hand and OK magazine it the other LOL :wink2:

I know it's old hat now, but I've always been a fan of callenetics. 1 hour of it is suppose to be the same as 24 hours aerobics in terms of toning. There is a place near me that does classes, but I've got it on dvd and I like it. Cheesy 80's leotards tho! xx

I swear by pilates,and ballet.It strengthens the core and really tones up the muscles.I am not a fan of machines or fads,i am old school:twisted::D

I do Pilates and run 5 miles, 6 days a week....

Try a cross trainer! I go on one 3-4 times a week for either 30 mins or 45 mins and have lost 11lbs so far. It tones your legs, bum and arms wonderfully :D

Ill second the WII fit, its great! i got My Fitness Coach for it aswell and she does a fitness test on you and checks which part of the body you need to work on and makes workouts for you.
I do be in bits the next day tho! must mean its working :)

Is a wee fit any good? will it help tone the whole body? kylie ur a god send, i completely forgot about the wii fit, gonna look up prices for it now thank u xxxx

I think it's amazing! It can be fun excersise at the same time. There is tons of games for it. I have a camera and the wii board. It measures your b.m.i. You can set a target of any weight that you want to shift. You can even get a bike!

When I first got it I played tennis with my little boy. It was so much fun and then I got up the next day and I knew my arm muscles were there! lol
xxx

I've been obsessive-compulsive over fitness for about five years now...I do my own head in with it!

I hate to say it...but theres no such thing as "targeting" areas im afraid! (I wish there was!), well, for weight loss anyway. You can build muscle in areas...but thats another matter.

Each person puts on and loses weight in different areas at different times, which is why we all end up with stubborn bits that don't seem to disappear. With some people it's tummies, some its legs etc.

Someone can do all the ab exercises they like, but all they're doing is building muscle under a layer of fat.

The trick is (speaking as someone who once lost 8 stone!) is a mix of cardio and resistance (weights) training- anything will do as long as you're consistant and stick to it! :)

Last edited:
A vibe plate machine works wonders and is a lazy way of toning them muscles whilst holding a G&T in one hand and OK magazine it the other LOL :wink2:

shaken, not stirred...

oooh a callenetics dvd? my mum has a video but couldn't find a dvd anywhere... :) and yes, very cheesey but gee whizz what a work out!

ALSO.....not that im implying this to anyoe but have you seen the biggest loser on living? its people who are seriously overweight, a kind of x factor style where one is knocked out each week but the exercising they do is amazing...well i think you can get it for the wii. im getting a free wii from wella and i cant waaaaaait

Last edited:
A Wii fitplus is great and I do use mine...but I still prefer going to a class!! I definitely work harder when their is an Instructor there to make sure I do :eek:
Body Pump classes are by far the best way I have found to tone up and to give some muscle definition, especially in my arms.
I also love swimming so my routine is usually to swim 4 mornings a week (at least 30 lengths) and do 2 Body Pump classes during the week too.

Bodypump classes do it for me.
Very addictive and effective weight based toning classes that target the whole body in an hour.
they should have some running at your local leisure centre.
x

Yoga and pilates for me. I have always loved exercise and was a real gym bunny - but, after discovering yoga, I am more toned now than ever. It really gives you better posture and your body becomes more lean. I just built muscle in the gym, even thought I mainly stuck to cardio. There are many, many types of yoga so you would need to find one that suits your needs and your personality type. I mainly do it at home so you don't even need to pay for gym membership. I would however recommend taking some lessons initially as the moves are very specific and if not done properly, will mean you won't get the full benefit and you could probably hurt yourself too! Good luck with whatever you end up doing. Enjoy.

I have an inordinate amount of weight to lose - am wondering about getting a wii fit to help with the exercise side of things. Am now on a weight loss plan - 1st weigh in tomorrow at 8pm!
I live in a little village, and the nearest gym/pool facilities are at least 8 miles away. By the time I've been there, done the class, got back, I've lost oodles of time out of the salon, and by the time I'm done in the evenings I'm just too shellacered to to schlep out to a class.
If one is hugely overweight can the wii fit help?

i need the gym . if i do thi at home i just give up¬!! so spinning and body pump is fab combining cardio with weights will shape and tone if done consistently . i also do the plank .. hard to explain though . it does your core muscles stomack and waist :D

Latest posts

Back