Are there really any LINT FREE wipes out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mundo's gauze pads- Perfect for the job:)..xx

Mundo's gauze pads- Perfect for the job:)..xx

Have to agree with you on this hun, Ive tried all kinds of wipes and material and these come out the best for me :)

Sue x

I use ones in a roll that are like tissue and i get from beauty express or ellisons. Mostly i cut good quality kitchen roll into squares.You are right about some nail wipes ...very annoying.

i use the caress oones from sally and even though they say they are lint free i still have to pull out bits from the nails and my brush etc.. its such a pain so i think i may try the wax strips thing what ones should i get?
great thread by the way.xx

When I did my Bio Sculpture training in Elsmere Port the trainer there recommended using kitchen roll cut into small squares like Gillian says. I was worried that it didnt look professional os stuck to the lint free wipes for a while and got very frustraited with all the fluff that used to come off them.

I have tried many different so called lint free wipes but non of them compare to the kitchen roll so I keep going back to that but always try and pre-cut them into identical squares.

The company who make Hands-down wipes (grahams), also make a lint-free wipe, 200 in a pack, the ONLY wipe I have ever found that is not only absolutely lint-free, but also incredible value for money. (Great for Scrubfresh jobs) Available from The Fingertips Centre, Edinburgh and SweetSquared, Leeds.

I said it before and I will say it again.. Kitchen roll all the way, best thing ever...x

I said it before and I will say it again.. Kitchen roll all the way, best thing ever...x

I laughed when you said it before but tryed it the other day as i was getting low and well it made so much difference i didnt ahve to sit there picking out the bits of fluff:green:

OPI do some really good ones in a nice little box that's useful to keep. I've seen them on ebay recently for just over a fiver. They're in an orange, yellow and turquoise box.

I have tried 3 different brands of lint free wipes to use to remove polish and to dehydrate and cleanse the nail bed prior to fills. I am finding that there is no such thing as a lint free wipe, or is there? Can someone please tell me a brand of lint free wipes that are truly "lint free" so that I can stop the madness? Sick of having lint in my polish and acrylic that I have to pull out. Thanks a bunch! :rolleyes:
Why use wipes, when you can spray?
I use Medi-Cleanse from Trade Secrets at just £2.95. It lasts two months or so working full time. Spray is so much faster and more convenient. You can use it with all systems and it gives better adhesion to everthing, tips, acrylic, gel and wraps.

doesnt kitchen roll 'drink' the NPR or even worse ScrubFresh?:Scared: I'mean its used to absorb!? I used to use cellulose roll as its cheap but it breaks up in your hand so you use 5 each time so even tho you get 1000 on a roll its the same as wipes, caress wipes are fluffy, I found paper style ones they seemed ok but my hand was always wet so i doubled them up so not good, gauze are great for gel but too expensive for nail polish removal so I'm in the same boat.......... any more suggestions or is it just one of those things you pay for what you get? :rolleyes:

Why use wipes, when you can spray?
I use Medi-Cleanse from Trade Secrets at just £2.95. It lasts two months or so working full time. Spray is so much faster and more convenient. You can use it with all systems and it gives better adhesion to everthing, tips, acrylic, gel and wraps.

Well well well Mr Brown - finally posting again huh!!

Not sure what 'spraying' has to do with lint freepads?

The girls still need to use something on the lint free pad. If you simply spray you are not getting full coverage in to the nooks and crannies of the nail!

BTW If you want to advertise. Let us know rathing than using the approach above... it won;'t work and the Mods will be crawling all over you like Bees to honey!! :lol:

Last edited:
Having searched for a solution to the nail wipe problem for over 5 years:irked:, I decided there wasn't one. However, I have recently discovered, IBD sponge wipes for gel. What a relief to be able to work with gel without constantly picking out the fibres.

I'm loving the tip about the wax strips. I'll be trying that one for my acrylic.

:)

hi ya,
i use IBD wipes, no lint as made from foam. although not the cheepest @ £5.00 for 80 wipes they do work. Grafton International supply them or your local wholesaler. hope you sort it out.:)

I have tried 3 different brands of lint free wipes to use to remove polish and to dehydrate and cleanse the nail bed prior to fills. I am finding that there is no such thing as a lint free wipe, or is there? Can someone please tell me a brand of lint free wipes that are truly "lint free" so that I can stop the madness? Sick of having lint in my polish and acrylic that I have to pull out. Thanks a bunch! :rolleyes:
hi,
I was having the same problem I do gel, I viewed my wax strips and wow thought why not cut them up and try them brill they work a treat:lol: no more bits in my gel hope this helps .

regards sue:hug:

The only true lint free wipes that I've come across in the last 5 years are:
Gauze pads and the new Graham honeycomb pads.
All of the others I've tried have either not been lint free or have disentegrated within seconds of using them

grahams squares all the way for me:confused:

Well well well Mr Brown - finally posting again huh!!

Not sure what 'spraying' has to do with lint freepads?

The girls still need to use something on the lint free pad. If you simply spray you are not getting full coverage in to the nooks and crannies of the nail!

BTW If you want to advertise. Let us know rathing than using the approach above... it won;'t work and the Mods will be crawling all over you like Bees to honey!! :lol:
I'm impressed! The moderation of your site is excellent, all credit to you and; your readers should be reassured that you read and evaluate all posts. However, your quip that I was trying to sneak an ad. in the back door, was misplaced. I feel wounded!

We don't advertise in any medium, even our business telephone number is not listed, so none of your followers would be able to find us from the information in my post.

However, lets return to the question of lint free.

Removing nail polish is not an issue as the top surface of the nail is addressed after removal of the polish. (except in the case of a manicure, which has never been part of my remit) Before attaching a tip or prior to applying any coating, all debris, oils, bacteria and virus must be purged. If the spray pump has sufficient power it will remove all debris from the surface of the nail, even the 'nooks and crannies'. A wipe doesn't get into the groove of the nail unless of course the Nail Technician uses the tip of her finger nail to run around the groove. I have never witnessed this in practice. The normal practice, as I have observed, is to place the wipe under the thumb and rub over the nail surface. No particular attention is paid to the groove. A high pressure pump flushes out the groove, removing debris and purges the entire nail surface.

Thanks for reading my former post, even if you misread it!

I'm impressed! The moderation of your site is excellent
On behalf of the Salon Geek Moderator Team, thank you :wink2: :lol:

Removing nail polish is not an issue as the top surface of the nail is addressed after removal of the polish. (except in the case of a manicure, which has never been part of my remit) Before attaching a tip or prior to applying any coating, all debris, oils, bacteria and virus must be purged. If the spray pump has sufficient power it will remove all debris from the surface of the nail, even the 'nooks and crannies'. A wipe doesn't get into the groove of the nail unless of course the Nail Technician uses the tip of her finger nail to run around the groove. I have never witnessed this in practice. The normal practice, as I have observed, is to place the wipe under the thumb and rub over the nail surface. No particular attention is paid to the groove. A high pressure pump flushes out the groove, removing debris and purges the entire nail surface.
I disagree with the highlighted comments above. If preparation of the nail is carried out correctly then ensuring the sidewalls are perfectly prepped will come naturally and not just have a wipe under the thumb and a quick rub.
The following tutorial might shed some light... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html

Lint free pads/wipes are available (as mentioned in a few previous posts) and used properly do the job perfectly, with no lifting of enhancement products and perfect adhesion of tips etc.

I normally get mine from Sweet Squared, but have to say when I was at their CND Academy in London the other week, they had some that weren't their normal ones and they IMO were much better.

I'll be onto Ketan soon to take more from his secret stashes! (He always limits me on my Nail Noirs!)

Latest posts

Back