Artistic Colour Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazyfizzle

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Can anyone tell me a little bit about this product. I'm thinking of adding it but no one in my area uses it so I can't trial it for myself. I would like to know what the wearability is like, do you get 3 weeks from it and are there any problems with colours fading? Also any pros and cons would be much appreciated :)

Many thanks geeks xx

I love artistic colour gloss I have got very good results from it. And they have good start up packages enjoy

Love it - worth a try - there's bound to be salons using it - they just dont seem to use the brand name as much as other lines. Great colours. :)

On a par with Gelish for application, and longevity, and has some fabulous colours.

On a par with Gelish for application, and longevity, and has some fabulous colours.

ACG is made by The same company as Harmoney but in my personal opinion has far more classy colour choice and perhaps appeals to a different clientèle because of it. Other than colours, the product is the same.

Hi ladies,

Can anyone tell me a little bit about this product. I'm thinking of adding it but no one in my area uses it so I can't trial it for myself. I would like to know what the wearability is like, do you get 3 weeks from it and are there any problems with colours fading? Also any pros and cons would be much appreciated :)

Many thanks geeks xx

artistic is the best shellac i have ever used. it last up to 2-3 weeks depends on the client. u need to apply it thin though

The best Shellac is Shellac.

ACG may be the best Gel Polish.

Sorry for being pedantic but they are different products.

artistic is the best shellac i have ever used. it last up to 2-3 weeks depends on the client. u need to apply it thin though

Actually most gel polishes and CND Shellac (which as fozzyo says is not a gel polish .. Shellac is the oNLY Shellac) last for 2-3 weeks depending on the client .. nothing new there.

The difference with Shellac is that it is hypo-allergenic and requires no buffing of the natural nail, no removal of sticky layer and no primer. Four things alone that make it stand apart from the all rest. Those 4 things make Shellac the one for me.

Please do not call your product Shellac if it is not Shellac. You are hoodwinking clients into thinking what you are doing is Shellac when it is not. Shellac is a brand name and a patented product and there is only one and it stands alone in its own category.

ACG is a very nice line with colours that you don't see in every line - muted, almost neutral colors. ACG Vogue made a big splash when Michelle Obama woreit for her speech at the Democratic National Convention last year. I would disagree with previous posters on two points, 1) although ACG is made by the same parent company as Gelish (and Red Carpet Manicure), it does seem to have a different formulation than either; thinner and a bit runny; 2) CND Shellac is definitely a gel polish/lacquer, a lovely one, a hybrid one, but a gel polish lacquer (and that's exactly what it's MSDS says). Of course, there's nothing wrong with being a gel polish/lacquer , so it shouldn't even be an issue! But one should always be careful to use the correct terminology - ACG is not "a shellac" and CND Shellac is a gel polish.

Shellac is not a gel polish!! I really don't understand why people have such a problem accepting this.

Yes shellac is in the gel polish category for the purpose of a MSDS sheet but they don't create an MSDS sheet just for shellac because shellac would be the only product to use it because it is DIFFERENT from everything else!

It's a bit like the whole Jaffa cake scenario. You find them in the biscuit aisle, you eat them in replace of biscuits but we all know that it's actually a cake x

Anyway ladies back to the subject::hug:

I love some of ACG colours and I have Posh here at home for my personal use it' goes on beautifully and only in 2 coats.

If I didn't have Gelish then I'd deffo do ACG.
There is only some many brands I can take on :) what with Vinylux, nail extensions training and adding shellac in the future my finances can only handle so much!

LOVE Artistic Colour Gloss, the colours are gorgeous, a colour to suit everyone.

Posh is lovely but also looks beautiful with Pink/Gold sparkle Additives burnished in. :)

Can some kind Geek tell where to purchase from, I currently offer Gelish but do love some of the colours I've seen on threads recently! Many thanks. 😄

Louella Belle lovey x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi ladies,

Many thanks geeks xx

I love ACG but my favorite colour, Muse, fades terribly, the worst I've seen of any brand. It fades even as it is curing! The first time I used it, when I took my hand out of the light, I was convinced I had picked up the wrong bottle and I did it over again. But it is the only ACG color that I have that fades. One note, ACG's colour charts are the worst, most inaccurate. See if you can find swatches before buying a color.

Last edited:
I also love the colour Posh, and so do a lot of my clients. It definitely doesn't fade, and lasts the full 3 weeks perfectly on the clients I have used it on.
It even lasts on me :eek:

Can I maybe remind people to keep on topic, which is Artistic Colour Gloss, and any posts intended for one person should be taken to PM so as not to disrupt the thread. Thank you :)

I love ACG but my favorite colour, Muse, fades terribly, the worst I've seen of any brand. It fades even as it is curing! The first time I used it, when I took my hand out of the light, I was convinced I had picked up the wrong bottle and I did it over again. But it is the only ACG color that I have that fades. One note, ACG's colour charts are the worst, most inaccurate. See if you can find swatches before buying a color.

I think they've actually withdrawn this colour now. It's been out of stock on LB for 6 months+ & I can only think it's a polite way of saying it's never going to be available again.

You're right - I've never experienced anything like it. As soon as it hits the light it goes sludge coloured. A before cure & after pic of muse attached.

Attachments

• muse before & after curing.jpg
    muse before & after curing.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 172
I think they've actually withdrawn this colour now. It's been out of stock on LB for 6 months+ & I can only think it's a polite way of saying it's never going to be available again.

You're right - I've never experienced anything like it. As soon as it hits the light it goes sludge coloured. A before cure & after pic of muse attached.

Really? It's still on sale here from NTS. That before and after pic really says it all - sludge!

Can anyone recommend a very hot orange(y)/red ACG colour at all??

I've got ACG Snap Dragon, Shellac Tropix and Shellac Lobster Roll but I'd like a more orangey red colour and also a creme rather than a semi sheer which I find Lobster Roll is.

Latest posts

Back