Awkward client: help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyHQx

Reaction score
Hi all!! Ready for an essay??
Basically a girl on Facebook got in touch and she wanted a full gel set for a 2 wk holiday. I explained to her obviously chlorine, lotion and whatnot may have an affect and they'd be more prone to lift. She said no prob that's understandable (I only charge her £15)
Whilst doing her nails she said "the last girl to do my nails charged me £25, one pinged off after a week so I pulled them all off and got my money back the silly *bleep*" :|
Sooo at this point I was like ooh cr*p.. She's one of those lol!!
Low and behold.. A week later she FBs me quite rudely says her thumb has lifted. "No prob I said, don't pick at them I'll sort them (replace a couple tips, infill the rest) as soon as you get back free of charge (she's a friend of a friend)
Naively thinking she wouldn't pick them all off!!! I'm almost certain she did, now it's FIVE weeks down the line and she keeps saying "I will come in, I don't know when I'm off work.."
delaying it right?? THEN i notice on fb she's waiting to go on holiday AGAIN in 2 weeks!! And she conveniently can make the appt for a couple days bfor she goes.. so she wants a whole free set for then!! So that'll be almost 2 months since the offending incident!! :O
Oh my gosh, I feel she's really taking advantage of my good nature lol!!!😠 Surely if you're unhappy with a service u get it sorted asap?! I would.
Anybody else had similar, how do you deal with awkward clients???
I'm definitely being too soft, just want a gd rep. What would you tell her??
Thnks lol!! Xxx

Didn't want to read and run, hope your ok xx

Thanks! Sometimes you just need a rant . People don't realise u need to make a living too x

I would tell her straight that you were more than happy to carry out a repair & provide an infill service for her on the existing set that she had from you. But as her existing set would have effectively been on 8 weeks plus this clearly is no longer an option.
Should she be happy to pay for her next set, then you can offer a a slight discount of 10% a mere £1.50. Then you will be happy to offer her a repeat service. Otherwise sadly you will not be able to offer your services to her.. If she don't like this then there are a million other gullible nail techs who will be out there to bend over to her every whim...

Start as you mean to go on. Do Not be mislead by her tactics !

Ah thanks so much sleepingbeauty! By the sounds of it, it's something she does quite often... Some people eh! You live and learn!! :) xx

Stand your ground, she's waited far too long she should have come in earlier, I'd say tough love missues, and shes admitted she pulled them off from the other tech.

Sounds like one of these who goes round different places trying to get free nails done just in time for an event. :(

I would never leave the offer of a free repair 'open ended'. You should of said "if you come today/tomorrow/this week, I can repair..." Because people WILL take advantage, and then tell their friends.:mad: Least you've learned from it.

You initially offered her an infill, so I wouldn't give her a whole new set for free. You may aswell not do it at all than do it for free so she can most likely complain about it again.

Haha I know it was a silly move, at the time I was eager to keep her but now I'm thinkin.. Hold on, why am I chasing you up so I can do your nails for free???
I kno there was naff all wrong with them, that's the frustrating thing!!
Thanks guys its nice to have support ;) :hugs:

When she books in, say ok 'this day at this time for Infills and your free repair, I can't believe they have lasted so long with no infill' and when she says oh no it's a full set or no they aren't still on, then say ah ok will book you a longer appt fora full set then and I'll do it at £15 again seen as you are x's friend!

At least if she's going to kick off it's not face to fave and she can Canx the appt if not happy.

Xxx

I would tell her straight that you were more than happy to carry out a repair & provide an infill service for her on the existing set that she had from you. But as her existing set would have effectively been on 8 weeks plus this clearly is no longer an option.
Should she be happy to pay for her next set, then you can offer a a slight discount of 10% a mere £1.50. Then you will be happy to offer her a repeat service. Otherwise sadly you will not be able to offer your services to her.. If she don't like this then there are a million other gullible nail techs who will be out there to bend over to her every whim...

Start as you mean to go on. Do Not be mislead by her tactics !

I agree with this completely you offered to help as soon as she had a problem. It is not your fault that your client didn't get round to it when you offered and try n explain to her that you would have happily infilled but that you do have to charge for a new set. Giving a little discount should be more than enough, I know how you feel though because it is my nature to do all I can to help people and can be so easy for people to take advantage! Definitely stand your ground on this one hun x

When she books in, say ok 'this day at this time for Infills and your free repair, I can't believe they have lasted so long with no infill' and when she says oh no it's a full set or no they aren't still on, then say ah ok will book you a longer appt fora full set then and I'll do it at £15 again seen as you are x's friend!

At least if she's going to kick off it's not face to fave and she can Canx the appt if not happy.

Xxx

this sounds like a really good way of dealing with it.

Cheers hun, none of my other ladies seem to have a problem.. funny that eh! Nor are they so demanding , you always get one I spose, lesson learned.. Toughen up haha !! Xx

Yeah I think by the sounds of it you could have given her award winning nails and she would have found a problem lol! There's always gona be people like this it's definitely a case of us toughening up to it:p x

I'm sure you would also be fully booked that week before she goes away 😜 hehe

Lol ah thanks talullahh, makes me feel better hun :) haha kankan thats not a bad idea! ;p I'll do them for her.. But if she comes back off her holiday without them demanding more discount she'll be finding someone else to mug off lol!! Sounds bad but I'd rather not have the money if if causes so much stress :) x x

You need to have more respect for your work and your time, then your clients will have more respect too.
Learn to say no, it's all part of running a successful business.

Awww hun if you don't charge at least something guarenteed shell do it again and tbh why would you want her to come back to you, you are good though I would be fully booked now right up to after Christmas lol ;-) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol ah thanks talullahh, makes me feel better hun :) haha kankan thats not a bad idea! ;p I'll do them for her.. But if she comes back off her holiday without them demanding more discount she'll be finding someone else to mug off lol!! Sounds bad but I'd rather not have the money if if causes so much stress :) x x

You would be making a very big mistake by doing this.

I would loose all respect for you after the advice you have been given if you did this. To come to this formu to ASK for help and advice and then to ignore the time people have donated to you to give you that help and advice, is in itself showing disrespect for yourself and to the others.

I hope that does not offend you but it is the truth. Tell the girl that she had her chance when you offered it ... Now she has no nails she cannot have what you offered can she? Full set at full price! Do not make up lies, like you are fully booked etc ... Because that is what it is a LIE .. The truth is good enough on its own.

If a rug looks like a doormat and acts like a doormat then it will be used as a doormat.

Great reply from Geeg!

My regular lady brought her daughter in for a set of Shellacs. I got a text 2 days later "Hi mate, hate to complain, but my daughters Shellacs only lasted 3 days". I said 'You'd better bring her in so I can take a look and replace them for her'. Nothing - not a dicky bird. Not a 'thank-you' - nothing.

Same regular client comes in 3 weeks later for Shellac fingers and toes and a few other treatments totalling about £70, and asks if I'm going to knock off the Shellac fingers as she paid for her daughters. No I'm bl**dy not!!! The offer was good 3 weeks ago!

She paid the £70!

Geeg, no need to be so harsh..!! i'm brand new to this?! I am so grateful for EVERYONE'S advice and won't ignore them. I was only joking about telling her I'm fully booked, general banter, i did not suggest this..! Someone suggested offering her a set with 10% off which I'll do?? Thnx for your advice I'll take it into account. As I said every day is a learning curve at mo....

Latest posts

Back