Becoming a spray tan trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambermay

Reaction score
hi all,

I would like some advice on what is involved in being a spray tan trainer please.

eg. duties, hours, wages, basicaly what is expected of you.

hope some of you can help.
thanks

any help would be gratefully recieved.

oh would I have to have done my 7303???

hi please can someone reply I know I sound impatient but just recieved call from company, unexpectedly and now worried I buggered my chances up :irked:

hey

I can't really help but give it some time, you posted your first post quite late and then your second when most where asleep and geeks will be working this morning.

someone will be along with an answer soon, in the meantime pop your question into the search facility I'm sure its been on here before.

hth

B xxx

I would ring the company you trained with/whose solutions you use, and ask them. But I would think they would want you to have a fair few years under your belt.
Lou x

Usually you need a teaching qualification to have any training course accredited and accepted for insurance purposes. If a therapist trains with a trainer who does not have teaching status it can be difficult to obtain insurance. If you train for a product you distribute this will be discretionary as the manufacturer usually has accredited training in place. However, I believe BABTAC accredits some training courses and gives the trainer a year - or longer - to achieve teaching status. I'm not sure how this affects the trainee's insurance.

You could try contacting Violet Star on here as i know she has not long become a trainer for Couture. She may be able to help you with any questions.

any help would be gratefully recieved.

oh would I have to have done my 7303???
Hi from what I gather you would need your 7303 hun. And tanning company's tend to like you having at least a years experience.
But im sure this could differ between companies.xx

so if you teach spray tanning do you write your own classes or are you trained by the company a set routine class so that all trainers hold a similar class, does this make sense??

You could try contacting Violet Star on here as i know she has not long become a trainer for Couture. She may be able to help you with any questions.

thanks hun will do x

hi all,

I would like some advice on what is involved in being a spray tan trainer please.

eg. duties, hours, wages, basicaly what is expected of you.

hope some of you can help.
thanks

You need to ring around the various spray tan companies and ask if they have any vacancies for your area and what is their specific criteria for becoming a trainer for them...all brands have different thinking on this subject.

One thing is for sure you will definitely need experience,love what you do,be professional and like teaching and passing on knowledge to others.

Don't enter the world of training expecting to get rich quick...because that most certainly isn't going to happen....but if you love spray tanning and helping others and can slot this in with say an existing business it can be very fulfilling :hug:

thanks collin,
getting rich quick wasnt even a thought, in fact dont even know how much they pay to be honest just want to teach others my fav treatment. I know what you mean though a lot of people do assume that if your teaching your loaded (if only ha ).

so can anyone tell me anything about the hours that I would be expected to work and also what exactly would my job role be apart from delivering an excellent training class.

thanks guys

thanks collin,
getting rich quick wasnt even a thought, in fact dont even know how much they pay to be honest just want to teach others my fav treatment. I know what you mean though a lot of people do assume that if your teaching your loaded (if only ha ).

so can anyone tell me anything about the hours that I would be expected to work and also what exactly would my job role be apart from delivering an excellent training class.

thanks guys
Different companies have different arrangements varying from full time salaried positions to freelance ones where you can fit in training within your own business.

The main aspect any brand will look for in a person is ,apart from the obvious skills abilities ,is one of ....will you be the right sort of ambassador for them...after all those that come to you for training will likely be the first contact they have with a real person from the brand in question..therefore that trainee will see you as effectively being the brand :hug:

Being a trainer will certainly not make you rich quick or even rich slowly lol!

What you do need is a passion for what you do, however being passionate does not necessarily mean you are good at said treatment. Experience in the area you want to teach is vital otherwise how can you possibly answer all your trainees questions correctly. For instance do you know how to spray correctly if a client has extensive cellulite that needs disguising? A difficult one for most spray tan technicians I would have thought, but it is something that every spray tan technician will come across regularly.

A 7303 is useful and somewhere in the back of my mind I have heard that from April 2010 to teach you will need at least a 7303 (don't quote me though because I could be wrong).

Companies will vary, some may want you to be a trainer and sales representative, whereas others you may just be required to train as and when required based on demand for your area.

When I decided to become a trainer, I learned all I could before hand and still research and learn something new all the time not only with spray tanning but in other areas in which I train so that I can pass this knowledge on.

Good luck with finding a company to train for.

Thank you so much for your reply I totaly agree.

I had a phone interview first thing this morning very unexpected and now I'm worried i've blown my chances, if I have then it's not the end of the world i'll keep trying.

Hi all,

Its been a couple of months now since I started this thread and to be honest havn't got very far.

I have contacted lots of companies with my CV but most don't even reply which I think is so rude, not sure what to do now the 7303 course at my local college has started already so going to have to wait for the next one at the end of this year im begining to think that most won't look at my unless I have this qualification.

It's very frustrating when you have something in mind but can't achieve it, I'm wondering if I could complete the 7303 course then have my own training course accredited?? anyone know how to go about this???

thanks
claire

If you contact the guild they will send you the information and requirements they need for you to get a course accredited with them, hth

hi hun i am in the same boat as you. I have helped a few ladies who have been on tanning courses with a couple of different companys and have come out qualified yet have not got a clue what they are doing and so i am taking time out from my business to help them and i really enjoy it. I have emailed a number of companies and sent my C.V to a few as well but as yet i have only had one reply which unfortunatly was a no. But if its what we really want to do i think we just have to keep on at the companies. good luck hun your not alone!!

Hi all,

Its been a couple of months now since I started this thread and to be honest havn't got very far.

I have contacted lots of companies with my CV but most don't even reply which I think is so rude, not sure what to do now the 7303 course at my local college has started already so going to have to wait for the next one at the end of this year im begining to think that most won't look at my unless I have this qualification.

It's very frustrating when you have something in mind but can't achieve it, I'm wondering if I could complete the 7303 course then have my own training course accredited?? anyone know how to go about this???

thanks
claire

Claire and realistic beauty...don't go giving up already or getting all down...most companies,like us,have only just started getting back to work after the Xmas shut down and we all have more pressing issues to deal with right now,budgets,getting stock profiles right and just generally getting the team working again ..so its rather a busy time just now for us all.

Let things start to get back to normal which is when you will start to get responses.

Chin's up and keep trying...if you feel passionate enough and keep plugging away your bound to get there.

HTH :hug:

he he dont you worry Collin you owners of tan companys havent heard the last of us!!!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back