Before and After

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanish

Reaction score
Hello Dear Geeks!
I had a bad nail bitter today and this is all I was able to do...
I used Kinetics Nail System for this set. What do you think
colleagues? Any advice are appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
8311867.jpg

8311869.jpg

Well done what a difference you have made :)

I think you have done a really nice job of those, they look totally transformed, lets hope she keeps them out of her mouth now :hug:

you have done a lovely job with these...well done.

What a lovely transformation,
I love nail biters that listen to our advice and just sit and let us do our job....
It's amazing what can be achieved, I bet she was made up well done hun xxx
Nail biters are extremely hard to transform,
Imo it takes a lot of skill...you should be really proud x

Thank so much you Geeks:)
What do you think about colour of nail bed?is it look natural enough? I personaly like this powder more than anything I've tried so far...

This girl didn't want to do any work with her cuticle!absolutely!but there is so much sking around her nails,i haven't seen any like that before!!! so we just pushed it back... but i wanted so much to cat it all..any way...the wish of a client is a wish of a client...

The nail bed colour looks good to me hun,
Its hard to tell if it would look as good without the sparkle, but I think it seems a good match for her skin tone,

Its probably a good thing that you didn't cut away the eponychium,
as that is her bodies way of protecting her bitten nails so to speak,
Nail biters tend to have more of this due to the fact they are always nibbling, so the area is getting over stimulated.
Cutting it may result in it just growing back with a vengeance,

I would have just done as you did, pushed it all back gently, and removed the none living tissue (cuticle) from the nail plate...making sure every single trace was removed,
I have just had a really close up look at your pics hun,
And I hope you don;t mind me pointing this out, But it seems there is a little lifting on some of the nails I can see a little patch on the forefinger and ring finger up front,
There may have still been a little cuticle left on there.

I had this problem once with a geek (I hope she doesn't mind me saying)
But it was Nicky, it wasn't instantly but happened I think that night, (or next day I can't remember)

With the correct aftercare, this will no longer be a problem for her within a few weeks anyway

And I hope you don;t mind me pointing this out, But it seems there is a little lifting on some of the nails I can see a little patch on the forefinger and ring finger up front,
There may have still been a little cuticle left on there.
Thank you darling:) And I don't mind of couse.. but I can assure that there is no lift.. it could be the picture... good preparation is the main issue for me after my first set fell off on the third day after i put it on:) but you are right it's look like that on photo:cry:

Its probably a good thing that you didn't cut away the eponychium,
as that is her bodies way of protecting her bitten nails so to speak
I don't even know what to say...if I were her I'd demanded to remove everything as it really doesn't look nice. I did heard "the more you cut the more it grows" rule but ... I've been biting my nails BADLY till I was 16 or so... and the only regular,let's say- "deep" manicure and cuticle oil saved my fingers' look.
Just a question,if you don't mind... do you ever use a nail nippers during a manicure performance?or it is just cuticle pusher?
I was on manicure&pedicure course in may with "united beauty" and they simply don't teach you how to use nippers and I don't know if it's normal or no for England..seems like more and more technicians are tended to abandon a "cutting tool" here..

When I did my manicure course, and my enhancement course in college we were taught to use nippers pretty much on every treatment we did,
Then I found this site and saw it wasn't recommended to do so,
I no longer use them unless I reeeeeaally think I should,

Personally I would have used them on your client, for the same reason you said, it simply looks better !
On "normal" nails without excess eponychium though I wouldn't use them at all.
I just push back with my metal pushie, then remove the none living tissue with the scrapey side (can't think of a technical term lol)

I am trying to think back now how many times I have used them since qualifying,
Not many,

(just re-read my posts and I sound like I am contradicting myself a little with the nipper thing don't I lol...I am not, I think sometimes we have to just judge for ourselves when we are in a situation what we think is the best thing to do, The professional advice I give to anyone is to not nip cuticles....the personal oppinion is I would have trimmed them...hope I am making sense lol)

Thank you,~Emmsybabes~:)
You are making a perfect sense:)

Is it just me, but I can only see one before pic and nothing else ??

M.

:rolleyes: I can see the bouth....

i think its a huge improvement.
and dont worry that you did not trim off the skin, the nails look so much better that you simply dont notice the skin at all. if she uses her cuticle oil it will all soon shrink back to normal.

Wow what a transformation really nice well done!

I think you did a WONDERFUL job!!!!!

NOW THATS A BLOODY GOOD BEFORE AND AFTER.
Not too dramatic, just a fabulous beautification of a very average "before" look.
Well done

Last edited:
Well as a former nail biter I would have been damn proud and chuffed to mintballs to have walked away with that total transformation....
Well done....I think you have done a brilliant job xxxxxx

Thank you,guys!(hope i spell the word guy right;always confuse it with other g-word...)

Wow what a transformation well done:)

Transformation is fantastic, I also tried Kinetics Nailfinity Polymer and it looks so natural. You have done a great job!

Latest posts

Back