Beginners advice???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly :)

Reaction score
i have been researching nail technician courses for a while now and really dont know which one to go with, i like the look of CND and also sally beauty express, iv heard alot about CND but was wondering if i should give the 2nd one a go as its very local to me.
can anyone advise me on this or a new suggestion would be great. also i want to find the best supplier so i can start building a kit for when i am qualified!!! any suggestions??? :confused:

of the two id recomend the creative course, their products are much better quality.

explore some more though because you may have other options in your area .

out of these 2 cnd without a doubt, but do a search on here and you will find lots of threads on training then you can make an informed choice.
HTH Lou x
Posted via Mobile Device

i have heard alot of good things about creative and its the more interesting option, the sally course is done by the supplier in my area, i havent seen any other supplier in my area so this would make it difficult to buy my equiptment convieniently if i went with a different training provider. do you know of any other suppliers i can use if i did go with another training provider other than sallys?? thanx for your reply

thank you lou i will take a look at that now, was beginning to run out of search ideas on google...x

you will be able to obtain a card for sallys regardless of who u train with, but in terms of the actual enhancement products using a brand such as creative, ezflow, nsi, young nails etc. will be far superior. Plus u will get ongoing support AFTER u qualify when u will inevitable get some hiccups. I'm sure they all do mail order.
Happy searching, Lou xx
Posted via Mobile Device

most quality nail companies will have regional educators or accademies so there should be some choice for you.
where are you located ?

im thinking of creative, theres so much hype about them that it would be a good choice perhaps....

im in plymouth and both courses i can do from here. just wondered if there was any other options around to look at whilst im saving the pennies...lol
has anyone had a look at the other course its on www.sallyexpress.com theres a training section on the right hand side...i was looking at the £xxx+vat option course...this doesnt provide a kit or equiptment but thought it would be good to choose my own products that i want to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Butterfly :)

I would recommend CND. Not only are they at the forefront of the nail industry, they offer excellent value for money, their products are top dollar, they have won (or at least been nominated for) two industry awards, they have excellent after care and one-to-one training should you need it, and they have a training academy in Marsh Mills, Plymouth, so not too far away from you at all :green:

Sally's is ok, but why settle for second best?

xx

My view for what its worth is...forget Sallys...the products are crap and they are not professional I really wouldnt waste my money (sorry to everyone ive just offended but id rather tell it like it is). There are other good brands...ezflow, nsi...etc but if the choice is between sally's and cnd then we can safely say cnd...fantastic products, customer service, training and so on you really wouldnt regret it...and you would look back and breathe a big sigh of relief that you didnt go with sallys!

Hi

I would personally say go with CND, I have trained with other companies and I find myself going for further training. I have done Acrylic, maintanance and nail art and then went onto do Acrygel but I find that I still want to have further training as Im not confident and I am now doing a conversion course with CND this month.

In my opinion I wouldnt waste any money doing other courses and try to save and just go and do the CND courses, you will not need any other training when youve done it.

HTH x x

Even though Sallys is cheaper you will spend a whole lot more money in the long run...... you get what you pay for and you may find you don't end up with what you are looking for and end up going with someone like Creative in the end anyway, start as you mean to go on!!!

You will find a lot of posts on here about wholesaler based courses and I think they speak for themselves. Go with a company that is dedicated to nails, they will be much more supportive to you and you will be able to get all the products you need direct from them. Why would you train to use a product and then go and work with a different one?

y

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for the advice everyone...really helpful, i now know i must go with my first decision and stop looking for alternatives for less money....creative are by far the best i can go with, i really do believe everyone now.lol

Nothing against creative but research them all first x

who else is available to search...i think iv looked at almost all of the options..can you suggest anymore please?

Hi hun, the thing with Sally's or any other wholesales is that you have to buy the kit to do the training on top of the training fee. I.E. you turn up on day 1 and your first stop is in the wholesales showroom to buy products so you can do the course.
Creative, NSI Ezflow, OPI LeChat (I've run out of names lol)
Will all include the kit with the price of the course or they provide all the stuff you need to use during the course.
Creative I know definitely provide the full kit as part of the training fee so you will have a full working kit from day 1 and all you will need to do is top up this kit to start with paying customers.
Hope this helps hun.

who else is available to search...i think iv looked at almost all of the options..can you suggest anymore please?

le chat
magnetic
young nails
nsi
lcn
opi

Latest posts

Back