Best business bank

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybliss

Reaction score
hi,

I am looking at bank accounts this week to open a business one on friday and would like advice on which one you have found to be the best for you. x

Wierd!!! Was just about to post the same thing realy need advice quickly!!!!:)

there have been numerous threads previously on this - just pop business bank account or similar in the search option above

i have found abbey national the best for me ... it really is free banking for life and the online banking is really simple to use and took only 3 days or so to set up ... others i found offered free banking but with more restrictions and it didnt actually work out free banking !

kx

I used to be with Abbey but could only pay in money via ATM machine and the one by me closed down.

I switched to Alliance & Leicester which is also free banking under certain limits as Abbey and you can pay in via any Post Office with instantly cleared funds, Abbey was 3-4 days for cash. They have excellent online banking and Merchant services....your card payments are in the bank after 2 days. Highly recommend them.

Alliance and leicester for me too

I'm with Barclays. They offer plenty of support. Was originally with Natwest but they weren't very good

If you join the FSB you can also set up a FREE Business Banking Account for Life through the Co-Operative Bank

I'm with HSBC, which gives a year's free business banking. So far I'm very happy with them.

I'm with HSBC, which gives a year's free business banking. So far I'm very happy with them.

Ditto for me too. Although I've joined the Federation of Small Business' now, who offer free banking for life with the Cooperative bank, so will swap to them after my year's free banking is up with HSBC. HTH xx

Last edited:
what are you going to do once your year is up and they start to charge you ?

I was with HSBC - at the end of the term when i looked into moving they wouldnt match any of the free banking for life companies so i switched

kx

I shall be opening an account with the Co-op shortly via the FSB. It's a no brainer as far as I can see!

Wow, thanks for this, I was just going to ask the same questions and here it is with the answers too.
I believe that the Co-operative are more ethical than other banks too, sounds good as i am going to join the FSB anyway.

Louise x

I had this very conversation with my accountant last night!

It all depends on what you want from the bank really. Do you want somewhere to simply deposit money, or do you want a card machine, credit, advice and involvement from a local business banking manager?

I have decided to go with HSBC because locally they have the best business manager and support and are happy to do deals with you to provide the best they can.

Look around, compare, ask other local business owners and then decide.

Good luck!

I was with HSBC - at the end of the term when i looked into moving they wouldnt match any of the free banking for life companies so i switched

I am with HSBC, may be need to rea think on that one now:)xx

I have tried three different banks all for different reasons.

Abbey was the first one I used when I started trading and the main benefit is that all bank is free BUT you can only use paying in machine to bank your money, they won't even deal with you at the counter even if you have a problem. Also machine only accepts cash & cheques no coins.

I then changed to Lloyds as I had an 18 month free banking offer and both of the local branches to me have free parking right outside and you can always get a space. That was the main attraction not having to go into town and drive around for 10mins to then pay £1 to park your car.

Most recently I have changed to Barclays as I think there fees are more reasonable than Lloyds and I am hoping to get a morgage with them next year, there are a few other reasons to.

Hi babybiss with the recession and the banks eagar to get cients.Different banks offer different choices to cater for all their clients :lol:, I would take my time and make a choice that best suits you. Hope this is helpful :hug:

Latest posts

Back