Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about clip in extensions? i had a look at sallys but theres only two types i just want them for personal use as my hair is long but ive got very short layers and waiting for yhem to grow out .. so neex something thats good but at. resonable price a

ALthough i havent done my training yet this is very helpful to know who to steer clear from in advance!
Im intesrest in top to medium quality hair as i have clients that will pay for the quality
from what pple have said tasha jacks looks a good company to train with and get the hair from?
thnkx

brilliant thread... I trained in extensions and have not done much so I have looked at this with great interest :)

what about clip in extensions? i had a look at sallys but theres only two types i just want them for personal use as my hair is long but ive got very short layers and waiting for yhem to grow out .. so neex something thats good but at. resonable price a

Best is to make your own I think as then you can et the thickness you want etc. you just buy clips and weft hair.

so to make my own do i just buy weft of hairl cut it to width i need and then do you sew the clips on? is it cheaper this way? i dont need anything amazing just as long as it matches my hair and i can use heat and coulor thats fine and only need it for like 3 to 6 months as my hair is long but my layera on top are way to short i let my friend who is training to cut my layers and she cut them way to short so just need the clip ins for when i wear my hear down and until my layers are at point where i can get it restyled without losing my length x

love lush us, but need another supplier just in case they dont have what i need, just read through all the replies some great advice on here will be trying a few of the other suppliers mentioned :)

I did my training with Belle hair extensions (brilliant course may i add) got given 6 hair suppliers -russian/indian/remy/european/brazillian and monofibre/synthetic and got given rices for each etc. i mainly use glam lengths brand but have been experimenting with others. have noticed the reallly cheap ones dont last longer than about 2 washes so please avoid them! You really do get what you pay for, i am currently loving indian remy and the russian/slovak hair. has anyone tried Buy Russian Hair - World's No.1 Hair Extensions.

That is an interesting link

Totally fake! As if you can get Russian hair that cheap. I have tried It. It's def not Russian hai but the hair is not too bad for the price.

Totally fake! As if you can get Russian hair that cheap. I have tried It. It's def not Russian hai but the hair is not too bad for the price.

Can I ask what hair you use hun? I've seen you on a few posts on here, I'm looking to add extentions to my mobile hairdressing business and am looking into the best methods and suppliers :) x

I've just bought some of the new adhesive tape weft extensions of Rapunzel of sweden, emailed today to say they had been dispatched, excited to try them out as my current supplier for tape extensions, rapture, is terrible!!

Just pre bonded some celebrity elite weft hair which I have only had as clip ins before to try since everyone is talking about it. Put it in my hair this morning fusion bonded so will keep you guys updated. The weft was plenty for me I have shoulder length hair. I'm #24.

How do you per bond and how much weft do you need in grams for a full head. I usually use 0.8 and use micro ring technique. Any advise would be great xx

hi there tasha jacks has two different prices has anyone tried the cheaper hair from there? :p

It's just Asian hair. I havnt tried it but I've seen it and felt it and it feels really nice. It looked really good and all the ends were really thick and not at all tapered. It is double drawn. Never tried It though so don't know how it holds up.

Does anyone pre bond? If so how and what with. Appreciate any help thanks xx

I pre bond I-tip but not nail tip.

I pretip for myself and for hair suppliers, hairdressers and hair extension techs across the country, I obviously charge for this service. I use an adhesive gun and polyamide adhesive and each tip is rolled by hand

Anyone ever thought of buying a pre tip machine?

I have had a go at one and some body was selling one on Facebook. The machine looks like something that should be kept inside a garage it's absolutely really heavy and ugly. It normally comes with four different attachments for the flat tips, u shape tips and v tips it's perfect for I tips it's not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back