Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Tasha Jacks and have used Halo as my cheaper alternative (they also do wholesale prices) customer service is fab for both. Tasha is really helpful and it's really nice that she remembers your name!

However as they've recently put their prices up and reduced the amount of micro bonds per 25g, I have been looking for an alternative european hair extension provider... I have come accross Hair Development - has anyone used them? how do you think they would compare to tasha jacks??

H
I love Tasha Jacks and have used Halo as my cheaper alternative (they also do wholesale prices) customer service is fab for both. Tasha is really helpful and it's really nice that she remembers your name!

However as they've recently put their prices up and reduced the amount of micro bonds per 25g, I have been looking for an alternative european hair extension provider... I have come accross Hair Development - has anyone used them? how do you think they would compare to tasha jacks??

Nothing compares to Tasha Jacks! They are so kind and professional. Had a 30 minute phone call to them the other day just talking about hair. As it has been said before and I will say it again: you get what you pay for. But hair development is quite good quality but still not in the same league.

Tasha Jacks
Celebrity Elite

Don't need to use any others :biggrin:

Havin said that i've just received a sample of Russian Hair from an American company and I must admit I am slightly in love mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Ok so I keep seeing threads and threads appearing asking for the best extension suppliers at a good price and it seems like we all have such different opinions.

For a while now I have been thinking of conducting extensive research on the main hair suppliers in Britain to find the best in low, mid and higher price ranges. I would look at things like price, quality, customer service but also how ethically this hair is sourced and how much they know about where the hair is coming from. We as consumers need to start demanding answers and we need to know what we're actually promoting as a business.

Anyway, I would buy hair from all the suppliers and test it for a period of 6 months at least and wash it, curl it, straighten it and test the glue quality. This would take a long time and effort but worth it in my opinion as I want to offer my clients the best and there is no real evidence supporting what hair is the best, rather just personal opinion.

What I'm wondering is how many of you guys would be interested in such research and what would you pay for it? is it information you would pay for?

I will be doing the research regardless as finding good quality hair that is ethically sourced at a decent price is something that is very important for me and my business success.

Ok so I keep seeing threads and threads appearing asking for the best extension suppliers at a good price and it seems like we all have such different opinions.

For a while now I have been thinking of conducting extensive research on the main hair suppliers in Britain to find the best in low, mid and higher price ranges. I would look at things like price, quality, customer service but also how ethically this hair is sourced and how much they know about where the hair is coming from. We as consumers need to start demanding answers and we need to know what we're actually promoting as a business.

Anyway, I would buy hair from all the suppliers and test it for a period of 6 months at least and wash it, curl it, straighten it and test the glue quality. This would take a long time and effort but worth it in my opinion as I want to offer my clients the best and there is no real evidence supporting what hair is the best, rather just personal opinion.

What I'm wondering is how many of you guys would be interested in such research and what would you pay for it? is it information you would pay for?

I will be doing the research regardless as finding good quality hair that is ethically sourced at a decent price is something that is very important for me and my business success.

I think that's a great idea... and I probably would pay yes (as long as it's a reasonable price) for solid reliable information.
I personally struggle to thoroughly test hair on my own head because of the nature of my hair and it's not something I feel comfortable doing on my clients.

I am always having samples sent from here, there and everywhere to check different companies out.

Keep me posted please x

i think thats a ab idea and i would defo be intrested as ive tried so many and get loads of samples im stuggling for a low budget at mo x

Lush-Us
Cinderella.
Hardly ever do Cinderella now as Lush-Us are so good and nearly a third of the price! Have them in myself and love them...
Good thread
xx

Celebrity Elite

Tasha Jacks

Love this thread! I currently use balmain and have only ever used balmain, the hair is amazing but they are pretty useless as a company and now want to change!

I've used harland hair, foxy, celeb elite, hairxtensions, lush us, additional lengths, halo, I&K, extensionelle, hair planet - wear all the hair myself 1st before using on clients and I only use the following 3 now:

Cleb Elite
Hair Planet
Foxy

Foxy's new italian keratin is fab, so strong, and Celeb Elite is amazing quality for the price!

Balmain

I've tried others, but allways end up going back to them.

Always had Balmain in my hair but as I am 613 it's hard. I haven't been to happy with mine to be honest. It really tangled up after a while. But all my clients love it and I haven't had problem before is might send it back. Putting in my celeb elite today so will be interesting to compare.

Hey! I'm new to this site (although have been here before just reading posts) and have found it quite helpful! It's funny how we are all normally so protective over who our suppliers are! To be honest, I've been dying to find some good suppliers but haven't wanted to come right out and ask anyone!

I have been doing various methods of hair extensions for years, but recently went on a refresher course with Belle Hair Extensions (who I do NOT recommend btw) and they give you no help what so ever in finding suppliers, the suppliers they recommend are honestly rubbish.

Anyway, after doing a lot of homework and trying different suppliers, I now use a few different suppliers, depending on what the client wants. I haven't found 1 supplier who supplies everything that I need, that is why I tend to switch around.

Anyway, the cheapest I have found (and would only recommend for darker shades) is hairxtensions.co.uk. They only last around 3 months and are chinese remy, but are perfect for clients on a budget who only want extensions short term. They are also very reliable and have excellent customer service. I only use nail tip from them.

For Indian Remy on the cheaper scale, I use Melissa at SMP Beauty. She only does 0.5g hair though, but it is decent quality Indian Remy lasting around months max. I get nail and stick tip from her.

For better quality Indian Remy Nail, Stick and Wefts I use hairextensions-shop.com. They have two different hair types, Elite and Premium. Excellent quality and good price also.

I have recently placed my first order from Hair Planet, a 20" remy weft. It looks and feels amazing, same thickness top to bottom. Time will tell how good it is! I also want to try Foxy for a change, but haven't ordered from them yet.

And of course I will be trying hair from the suppliers mentioned in this thread!

Hey! I'm new to this site (although have been here before just reading posts) and have found it quite helpful! It's funny how we are all normally so protective over who our suppliers are! To be honest, I've been dying to find some good suppliers but haven't wanted to come right out and ask anyone!

I have been doing various methods of hair extensions for years, but recently went on a refresher course with Belle Hair Extensions (who I do NOT recommend btw) and they give you no help what so ever in finding suppliers, the suppliers they recommend are honestly rubbish.

Anyway, after doing a lot of homework and trying different suppliers, I now use a few different suppliers, depending on what the client wants. I haven't found 1 supplier who supplies everything that I need, that is why I tend to switch around.

Anyway, the cheapest I have found (and would only recommend for darker shades) is hairxtensions.co.uk. They only last around 3 months and are chinese remy, but are perfect for clients on a budget who only want extensions short term. They are also very reliable and have excellent customer service. I only use nail tip from them.

For Indian Remy on the cheaper scale, I use Melissa at SMP Beauty. She only does 0.5g hair though, but it is decent quality Indian Remy lasting around months max. I get nail and stick tip from her.

For better quality Indian Remy Nail, Stick and Wefts I use hairextensions-shop.com. They have two different hair types, Elite and Premium. Excellent quality and good price also.

I have recently placed my first order from Hair Planet, a 20" remy weft. It looks and feels amazing, same thickness top to bottom. Time will tell how good it is! I also want to try Foxy for a change, but haven't ordered from them yet.

And of course I will be trying hair from the suppliers mentioned in this thread!

Please please please stay away from cheap. This is what gives extesnions a bad rep.

Please please please stay away from cheap. This is what gives extesnions a bad rep.

Really???? :confused:

I do stay away from cheap extensions, I only use them on a few friends as they specifically request them. Other than that, it is quality indian remy I use.

Hey lovelies,
This thread is AWESOME!

It's so confusing trying to find the best supplier and it's an expensive trial and error!
I really want to try the Celeb Elite, it seems to pop into every ones top 3, BUT my hair is a very pale platinum, 613 is too dark so I have to dye/toner it, has anybody done this with Celeb Elite, how does it react? Or am I better trying Lush Us or Beauty Works in 60, thus avoiding dying it??

Sorry to hijack this thread, but all the pro's seem to be in on this one!! xxx

This thread has been great, very helpful just what I have been looking for. Xx

Glad it's been a help to so many :hug: x

This thread has been great, very helpful just what I have been looking for. Xx

It has been a great help! Thank you! :lol:

I only use celeb elite and lush us now.
Celeb elite is the better of the two but is also the most expensive of the two.
If people don't want to pay for that, then lush us is great quality for the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back