Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I have something rather interesting to share. I have recently come back from a trip to China to visit hair factories and, as a result, my recommendations i have posted on here have somewhat changed.

I have physically seen with my own eyes some of the brands being sold in this country on the conveyer belt of these Chinese factories.

My question is, when you buy advertised 'European/Indian/Russian' hair, would it bother you if it was really processed Chinese hair?

Yeh it would! Please share!

I find sjk hair awful the aaa sheds so much when fitting, does not look good when the client sees this. Also the luxury goes really tangly and dry!! Not impressed and will never use this company again.
I highly recommend angel remy there hair is great and the delivery service is brilliant

Iv tired the prebonded hair from SJK and didnt tell me client i had tried somewhere else. She commented on how much the hair shed! this has put me off!

Hi all

I have something rather interesting to share. I have recently come back from a trip to China to visit hair factories and, as a result, my recommendations i have posted on here have somewhat changed.

I have physically seen with my own eyes some of the brands being sold in this country on the conveyer belt of these Chinese factories.

My question is, when you buy advertised 'European/Indian/Russian' hair, would it bother you if it was really processed Chinese hair?

Nothing new here, I've known this all along. Don't say too much on this forum or you'll be vilified haha!

Thanks mau5fan. I know not to say which brands.

But my question still stands.

Is everyone happy to work with over processed Chinese hair which is made to look and feel European/Indian/Russian even thought its not?

Is everyone happy to work with over processed Chinese hair which is made to look and feel European/Indian/Russian even thought its not?

No! I wouldn't mind if thats what they were selling, but they're not, lol.

Not if I'm paying really expensive for Russian ! But then if it lasts really well .... I don't no lol

It doesn't bother me in the least as long as the colors (esp blondes) look natural and muted (not brassy and yellow) and the hair doesn't tangle and turn into a frizzball after two weeks. What I can't stand is dark hairs runnifn thru blondes, pieces of string etc. Other than that it's all good, who cares where the hair is from as long as nobody had to die for it (highly unlikely as a huge percentage of the male population live happy lives with no hair). I find it preposterous to believe that women in eg Russia are sooooooooo poooooooooor that they queue all the way round the block for the great privilege to sell their hair for $50 (buys a bottle of Kerastase over there). Gimme a break.

That's interesting. I thought most people from reading the forums on here, were put overly keen on Chinese hair.

I see your point. So, what do you say to your customers if they ask where the hair is from? Do you say its Chinese hair or falsify and say its from somewhere like Europe / Russia?

I don't really know who believes in these fairytales, as I have found that most my clients are pretty clued up and cynical to begin with and would ask me to quit the BS if I told them the hair came from somewhere in the Western hemisphere.
I don't know where it comes from, I don't know whether it's Chinese, Indian, a mixture of the two or if it indeed has a few token strands of Caucasian hair thrown in (it does happen that Europeans sell their hair now and then, just not in the quantities that seem to flood the market). I didn't cut it off anyone's head, so how would I know? Whoever sells the hair can call it whatever they like, if they say it's leopard hair, I can choose to believe them or not, but neither choice is a reflection of the truth.

My patience already stops when distinctions such as 'European' and 'Russian' and even better 'Ukrainian' are made. In what way should a Russian person's hair differ from that of an English person's?
Hair is a trade, it's money. Of course they're gonna call it fancy names in order to sell it at higher prices. Ultimately it doesn't matter, everyone should be grateful that there is this option of covering up defects like thin hair/too short hair/lifeless hair etc. If the result is there, why would it matter? When hair extensions only emerged as a service to the broad public 10-15 yrs ago, nobody cared.

I don't really know who believes in these fairytales, as I have found that most my clients are pretty clued up and cynical to begin with and would ask me to quit the BS if I told them the hair came from somewhere in the Western hemisphere.
I don't know where it comes from, I don't know whether it's Chinese, Indian, a mixture of the two or if it indeed has a few token strands of Caucasian hair thrown in (it does happen that Europeans sell their hair now and then, just not in the quantities that seem to flood the market). I didn't cut it off anyone's head, so how would I know? Whoever sells the hair can call it whatever they like, if they say it's leopard hair, I can choose to believe them or not, but neither choice is a reflection of the truth.

My patience already stops when distinctions such as 'European' and 'Russian' and even better 'Ukrainian' are made. In what way should a Russian person's hair differ from that of an English person's?
Hair is a trade, it's money. Of course they're gonna call it fancy names in order to sell it at higher prices. Ultimately it doesn't matter, everyone should be grateful that there is this option of covering up defects like thin hair/too short hair/lifeless hair etc. If the result is there, why would it matter? When hair extensions only emerged as a service to the broad public 10-15 yrs ago, nobody cared.

I ❤ this

I've never had a problem with SJK though only used them for a month

I have also found that SJK is shedding loads whilst fitting. All my clients have all complained that the hair is shedding loads daily and have become rather thin and the prebonded hair, the bonds just slide out when they are been fitted correctly.
I use three other supplier and have never had this problem before.

I have complained to SJK about this and been told they haven't had this issue before and that the problem lies with the shampoo and conditioner the client is using. Although they are using hair extensions shampoo/conditioner, confused?

I was wondering how many of you have had this problem with SJK single drawn AAA hair so I can feedback the information to SJK?

Look forward to hearing from you all x

The hair is awful! I know when others have complained they say they haven't had any other complaints when they have! It's funny because they recommend using dove shampoo and conditioner to wash the extensions!! The hair goes horrible and dry after the first wash even when using hair extension products (that was on luxury that I was trialling on my own hair!) will never use them again. Hairport bonds are awful and go sticky after first wash and fall out!
Angel remy is by far the best supplier in my opinion

The hair is awful! I know when others have complained they say they haven't had any other complaints when they have! It's funny because they recommend using dove shampoo and conditioner to wash the extensions!! The hair goes horrible and dry after the first wash even when using hair extension products (that was on luxury that I was trialling on my own hair!) will never use them again. Hairport bonds are awful and go sticky after first wash and fall out!

Aha! Not too long ago they were on here 24/7 singing their own praises! :lol:

Dove products ?? Really?? They having a laugh?? I'm sorry but I wouldn't trust a supplier if they told me to use dove lol!xx

Iv used hairport for months now as main supplier and never had any problems with the bonds, Iv recently trialled angel remy and agree they were good too, iv never liked sjk though x

It sheds so bad!! i bought once and this has completely put me off! if i were a hair wholesaler and recieved your feedback i would be promptly testing and trying to put it right!

I have also found that SJK is shedding loads whilst fitting. All my clients have all complained that the hair is shedding loads daily and have become rather thin and the prebonded hair, the bonds just slide out when they are been fitted correctly.
I use three other supplier and have never had this problem before.

I have complained to SJK about this and been told they haven't had this issue before and that the problem lies with the shampoo and conditioner the client is using. Although they are using hair extensions shampoo/conditioner, confused?

I was wondering how many of you have had this problem with SJK single drawn AAA hair so I can feedback the information to SJK?

Look forward to hearing from you all x

Has anyone tried I&k I tjink there really bad shed all the rime especially when they are being pit in and claim to be 1g but had them for copule of weeks and ends have gone whispy and thin not happy? Any experiances ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

Has anyone tried I&k I tjink there really bad shed all the rime especially when they are being pit in and claim to be 1g but had them for copule of weeks and ends have gone whispy and thin not happy? Any experiances ?

I used them a long time ago and didnt like them and havent used them since i visited the warehouse at team valley and it was just hair all over the place and one poor Chinese woman running around trying sort orders out etc, x

I and k are over priced for what they are! But it's ok. I'm still with Sjk love the hair and have all my clients returning.

Im a big fan of Sjk, Using it over a year now and all my clients are happy. I still use Tasha Jacks from time to time, but mainly Sjk! Did have one bad batch from Sjk but after been sent for testing the item was replaced. I've never had that problem again? And definately no problem with the luxury? & I'm really happy with prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back