Bikini Waxing shock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlee-c

Reaction score
I have just taken over a salon only been open a week under my name, the lady before had the business for 12 years. get to the point Charlotte .... well anyways this woman came in for a bikini wax today and i told her to take her trousers off and put the towel over her, so i went out then came back while she did. i was just getting ready to do her bikini wax i folded the towel over to show one side of her knickers ready for her to move while i wax but that wasnt the case she had taken her knickers off, i wasnt expecting it and i think i had a shock expression on my face, i got on with the bikini wax as if it was a normal thing however i have just finished college and have never came across thing before, is this normal? and next time should i say leave your knickers on? she must have felt comfortable because shes booked in again

Thanks Charlotte xx

Ha Ha! I'd be shocked if she had her knicker ON! What on earth are you going to do when someone wants a Brazilian or Hollywood???

To be fair, I do understand that if you've not been taught this way, it may come as a surprise, but if you want your salon to offer Extreme Waxing, you need to learn to wax this.

Most of my students start the day trying to look at anything other than 'THAT', but after seeing a couple of waxes and then having theirs done, they'd never do it, or have it done any other way.

Horses for courses though and every is different. Do what feels comfortable for you. xxx

There's a definite gap opening up between therapists who prefer to do a basic bikini wax and their customers who are comfortable with the whole "leave your knickers on" thing, and the therapists who do extreme waxing and their customers who whip everything off for a completely smooth finish. Don't feel bad, it takes all sorts. In future, just explain exactly what you want by saying "take your trousers off but leave your knickers on please, and I'll be back in a mo".

Yeah i thort that this is what she was used to when the therapist before me had the salon, but all the other girls who i have done have left them on, maybe she feels comfortable enough to take her knickers off

Charlotte

I always do any kind of bikini waxing with the knickers off. I can't be doing with faffing about moving pants to one side!

a whole ball of wax . and she placed a v shape tissue under pants and tied it .. givint the perfect line to follow. ile def be trying that on my next client ... saves clients fingers getting in the way lol x

I always do any kind of bikini waxing with the knickers off. I can't be doing with faffing about moving pants to one side!

It also saves getting wax on the client's knickers too (which can be a pain to remove afterwards)...

lol, I loved this thread and its replies. I can imagine if you are not expecting something like that , then of course you would be shocked. I remember the early days well, I was so embarrassed and nervous, I cannot believe how I am now. I honestly do not think I would be able to do a brazilian etc with pants on, they would be so in the way. Even paper pants, are in fact, pants! Noone knows it all, I am still learning at over 40 !! I always make people laugh, and it really helps. I have a very unique way of doing brazilains etc. They do not wear pants but I cant say on here what I do, its going to be in my training. I do sugaring and soon will be offering a course totally different to any others out there. Its very exciting but still in its early days. Good luck with the new place.

I have just taken over a salon only been open a week under my name, the lady before had the business for 12 years. get to the point Charlotte .... well anyways this woman came in for a bikini wax today and i told her to take her trousers off and put the towel over her, so i went out then came back while she did. i was just getting ready to do her bikini wax i folded the towel over to show one side of her knickers ready for her to move while i wax but that wasnt the case she had taken her knickers off, i wasnt expecting it and i think i had a shock expression on my face, i got on with the bikini wax as if it was a normal thing however i have just finished college and have never came across thing before, is this normal? and next time should i say leave your knickers on? she must have felt comfortable because shes booked in again

Thanks Charlotte xx

is this normal?

Define normal :D

Society is changing all the time as are cultural attitudes.

A lot of my clientele will take their nix off for a brazilian but leave them on for a bikini. Others don't care. Some clients I find who'll still want the disposable knickers and I have these on hand in case. In my business, I find that it's the older clients want the disposable knickers but the young ones don't need any encouragement - their undies are off in seconds.

For a bikini wax, I just tuck cloth in the panty line and away I go. I haven't experienced any problems with wax on clothing etc. Then again, the bikini wax isn't an extensive procedure.

Brazilians are, of course, very different but, even so, it's still possible to get a good, clean and quick wax with them on (although having them off is great as you have nothing in the way).

Do what's comfortable for you.

I would say it depends what type of waxing you are going to be doing as to if you require them to leave their underwear on or off.But I do always tell my clients if I need them to take their knickers off or leave them on.(New clients anyway)It saves confusion. If it's a basic bikini they stay on,I dont tuck tissue in their underwear as I find this to get in the way tbh.

Years ago(when only qualified for a couple of years,so fairly newly qualified) I had an elderly lady come in for a full body massage and I asked her to take her clothes off etc...when I started massaging her legs I realised to my horror she had taken her knickers off as well.I was a little taken aback initially then thought well,I did tell her to take her clothes off so she had taken me in the literal sense.

Dont forget to tell the client exactly what you require of them to save confusion and embarassment on either side..Once you start(if you start)doing intimate waxing then a client with their knickers off is the norm really.All you will see is the hair that needs to be removed after a while,knickers can just be a hindrance tbh.HTH

Hehe brilliant! It's great that she booked in again with you! Its perfectly normal for a client to go totally bare for waxing in that area. Generally though for standard bikini wax most of my clients wear their own nix or request a paper thong to get a higher finish... but if I'm doing brazilians then no nix of any kind are best! The odd one or two ladies are a bit shy and want to wear the paper thong which is totally fine of course, just takes some time working round them! Every client has different needs and as long as you make them feel comfortable and do a great job you have no worries!

Ive also had ladies go fully naked in body massage which at first is a bit of a shock but hey... there's really no big deal! A lot of eastern european women seem to prefer to be fully nude, a lady I had was on the couch and I started the massage when suddenly she takes her g-string off and hands it to me! :eek:
but she just wanted to be comfortable! cant say fairer than that!

xox

Anna

I can understand why this shocked you. It shocked me when I first encoutered a client as open as this, but yes it is completely normal and now I get my waxing done by another therapist I always take my knickers off as I prefer a brazilian and not just a basic wax. If you are doing more intimate waxing get yourself on a proper training course such as Lycon they're brilliant by the way and learn to use a decent hot wax. It's a shame you werent given the opportunity to have such training whilst at college as that woudl have prepared you somewhat for this occurrence

Trust me when you do some intimate waxing training you'll never look back!

Sam xoxo

As for the funny side of this, once a fellow came to me for a hollywood wax and said, can't I get a disposable panties? :green: It was an effort not to burst in laughther, but I just said, if I give you ones, I won't be able to wax all the hair off. And he said, ah, ok, you have a point.

And the point is, he wasn't stupid or really expecting to wear something during such treatment, he was just shy and confused. And that happens to people. Later on, they gain trust and confidence. It's a big thing to trust someone, especially for the first time, to trust someone with your skin, your hair, your intimate parts of the body, when they don't know you, don't know what to expect, etc.

For new clients, I always insist on disposables, even if I'm not doing bikini but tights, because I really don't want to think about their panties during the service, and most of the times their hair from bikini line or but goes down to the tights. My old clients are naked from waist down even for a bikini or speedo, because disposables can get in the way when I'm doing their tummy... and please don't get me wrong, but I like to make and see for myself that remaining hair is in correct shape and symmetric.

Thanks Charlotte xx

Ha this made me laugh too because exactly the same happened to me and I asked how her last therapist used to do the "underneath" so I could do the same and she went on all fours I nearly fell over lol but when we had finished she requested me again which made me feel more comfortable because I knew she was happy with it, but my dilemma was the same as you should I ask her to come with a thong on next time or not, but I thought I cant do that because she might feel embarrased about her bits or something if youve done it before with nothing on isnt it, so I never did and im confident doing either now but I have found a much better way to do the bum than all fours thank god lol but is that how all you waxing queens do a hollywood?
:) x

Latest posts

Back