biting spiders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Oh my god, i did not think spiders in the UK bit people, but i found out this morning, they bloody well do!!!:eek::eek:
Was making the girls bed and picked up my daughters fleece throw was folding it up and felt a sharp little stab in my thumb, dropped the blanket and a massive spider crawled out, I can't believe it, having recently overcome my fear of spiders I am now totally scared again, and with good reason!!!! Horrible crawly things!!!:mad:

Poor you, hope your feeling ok.:hug:
I don't like them much, but my daughter goes completely hysterical even at a picture of one.:eek:

:eek:

I didn't know they bite either!

Was it a house spider?!

Oh no, please don't say that, wasps scare the life out of me because they sting, but I have always been OK with spiders because I thought they cant hurt you, the spiders have probably grown teeth in revenge for so many people squashing their relatives with books, so its our own fault really.:eek:

maybe it was something sharp on the fleece sticking out? I'm terrified of spiders and my mum always gets rid of them for me and as far as i know she's never been bitten (she picks up huge ones with her bare hands!!!)

She gets up in the morning sometimes to find upturned glasses on spiders I've seen!!

Conkers ..... anyone that hates spider like me, when its conker season ... Sept/Oct time, collect them & put about 4 in a little dish (depending on size of room, maybe 2 dishes) in each room!! For some reason, spiders hate them:green:

We usually have a spider fest in our bathroom in the summer & now we are spider free!! :lol:

I can remember as a child my Dad getting house spiders from our rooms. They did bite him. He has quite hard dry skin on his hands so they didn't hurt him but I bet if you had softer well cared for hands they would get you.

we have a breed down here in NZ called the Katipo (only found on the west coast).....only poisonous one we have, but recently we've had some dangerous aussies :hug: sneek in called the white tail, you don't wanta get bit by one of them.

Oh no, please don't say that, wasps scare the life out of me because they sting, but I have always been OK with spiders because I thought they cant hurt you, the spiders have probably grown teeth in revenge for so many people squashing their relatives with books, so its our own fault really.:eek:

:eek:It sounds stupid but i never squash anything, feel like karma might kick in and a bigger one will come and get me, i'm a total wimp, wasps and bees scare the hec out of me too! hot and cold sweat if they come anywhere near me!:eek:

:eek:

I didn't know they bite either!

Was it a house spider?!
I think the British Spiders can bite but are not poisonous. We have no indigenous poisonous spiders here.

My son was bitten by a spider in the garden - scared the poop out of him lol!
He leaves the alone now TG!!

I think the British Spiders can bite but are not poisonous. We have no indigenous poisonous spiders here.

They may not be poisonous, but my hubby was bitten by a spider about 7 weeks ago, and his leg is still slightly swollen and his skin still has that 'shiny' look to it. His leg had about a 10cm ring of bright red, hot swollen skin for a good 2-3 weeks, so they must have something a little nasty in them.

If you have no poisonous spiders there then you are mighty lucky! .............We have black widows here and in the States......and they are VERY dangerous!

I got bit ( by a widow) when I was a toddler and almost died :eek:.........

It was on telly a few weeks ago some women got bitten by a spider on the isle-of-wight,she put her hand into her gardening gloves! apparently they are a breed that has somehow gotten here from the canary islands!!! (i think they can be poisenous too) I'm pertrified of any spiders....even tiny ickle ones!!! I won't go in the shed and if I get one in the house my poor neighbour gets a knock on the door,lol!!!

You have now scared the living daylights out of me:eek:
i hate them even more now they bite. the thought of a spider biting me freaks
me out. are you o.k? i think i would have passed out. i am definately going to get some
conkers this year. i think they hate mint aswell so i always burn peppermint oil in a
burner.

They may not be poisonous, but my hubby was bitten by a spider about 7 weeks ago, and his leg is still slightly swollen and his skin still has that 'shiny' look to it. His leg had about a 10cm ring of bright red, hot swollen skin for a good 2-3 weeks, so they must have something a little nasty in them.

I am no spider expert but as I understand it there are no poisonous British spiders and I stand to correction if I am wrong. I am not a great lover of spiders but my children are positively phobic about them.

It may be possible that your hubby has a certain sensitivity to some spider bites. Does not necessarily mean the spider is poisonous. xx

I am no spider expert but as I understand it there are no poisonous British spiders and I stand to correction if I am wrong. I am not a great lover of spiders but my children are positively phobic about them.

It may be possible that your hubby has a certain sensitivity to some spider bites. Does not necessarily mean the spider is poisonous. xx

I never said they were poisonous :lol: and I am sure that my hubby just had a sensitivity to the bite. I was just making the point that although not poisonous the bites can still be unpleasant :hug:

Latest posts

Back