blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Right ive finaly managed to glue my nails on and there are no air bubbles thanks to gel bond!! but................................................. after blending my tips they are lovely and smooth no visable tip line but in left with a white sort of shadow just before the smile line of the nail now im doing a essentail nails gel course ive spoken to sarah and she said i just need to buff it out more and yes it fades slightly but is still there am i doing something wrong??

Any advice welcome:eek:

Have you not got a copy of 'nailclass'? May I point you in the right direction of file control??

Look in the tutorial on here under file control parts 1 2 and 3. That will give you the techniques you require. Then if you like what you read you can order a copy of 'nailclass' from www.mundoprodicts.com or from Sweet Squared 08452106060.

hi,i had this problem,i've bought this book and it's great,well worth investing in,lots of valuable info :)

I know its not the best picture but thought maybe someone would be able to help have i not blended the nails enough?? Please be kind ive only be learning a week:)

Picture013.jpg

Ive been told that shadow will just buff out but im not convinced i wonder if ive not blended enough:eek:

Ho much blending did you have to do? Looking at your picture, I think you are using the tips with deep wells, they are really hard to blend. Have you tried tips with a smaller well area?

xx

Im just using the tips supplyed in my kit (essentail nails):)

Ive been told that shadow will just buff out but im not convinced i wonder if ive not blended enough:eek:

Honey, you have a little further to go. It is very hard to tell from the image whether the ghost shadow is due to excess plastic still on the nail OR a thin layer of air trapped beneath the tip well. Lets assume the first and in that case, you need to go further.

There will come a point when the colour of the nail bed shows through nice and clear which means you have gone far enough. There will still be some plastic covering the nail but you will be able to see right through it.

There is a fine line between leaving just enough and going to far and removing it all, and damaging the natural nail.

My advise is to go just so far with your file and then when you know you are getting close, switch to a nice soft-grit buffer and finish off. Doing this should help you so that you don't cause any damage to the natural nail and you wont go too far.

I know its not the best picture but thought maybe someone would be able to help have i not blended the nails enough?? Please be kind ive only be learning a week:)

Picture013.jpg

Hunny, if those are the same tips I got with my nail trainer I bought on ebay, they are the ones with the big well. My initial training tutor told us to cut the wells till they are about 2-3mm with toenail clippers, and it works! Cut them side to middle on each side, in the shape of a smile line. You have less area to blend, and less area to get air bubbles caught in.

Here are some pics to show what I mean:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/ditzy_with_wings/nail advice/DSCF2050.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/ditzy_with_wings/nail advice/DSCF2051.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/ditzy_with_wings/nail advice/DSCF2052.jpg

Once you've used these tips up, when you replace them you can get tips that are shaped like this anyway, saves time!

also the tips supplied with the course are very very hard to blend! you can get some great quality tips that blend like butter! it will make it so much easier for you xxxx:hug:

yep the tips are awful im doing the gel to i get the same thing with the tips but when i tip a real person with proper tips it doesn't happen !!:lol:

Latest posts

Back