Booked Flirties course now a little worried

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that by having uber-low prices it cheapens the product/treatment which reflects on all others offering it. Some people think of beauty treatment as a treat (no pun intended!) so the price should reflect this. An affordable price is even better!

We covered the pricing theory in a marketing course I did - price it to low and people don't believe it in, like its to good to be true.

Where I get my eyelashes done is expensive but she uses a great product, is quick and very good so her pricing is a huge reflection on her experience and talent. I am paying for quality.

Good luck with your training hun ...i'm doing mine too soon :)
I am a nightmare for my prices in all of my treatments. I never budge just because other people are cheaper. I think why should I be? I have trained and practiced hard to provide my clients with a good service. I am a perfectionist - to the point where i do my own head in sometimes. My clients know this so I am sure they would rather come to a perfectionist and get a good job rather than go elsewhere for half the job.
Charge what you think your service is worth! xxx

I charge £100 for a full set of lashes and get plenty of clients,
why ? how ?
i explain that this is my fee for a full set and my full sets are just that, full,
i always apply 80 plus lashes to each eye, so they are very effective and nice,
then i tell them to ring around other salons and ask how many lashes they apply to each eye when they call them full sets,
some salons are applying 35 lashes per eye, which takes less time and this is why they charge less,
but a set with 80+ per eye will look dramatically different to a set with 35 per eye and this is where you will win over the loyal client who are willing to pay for a quality service and full set, hth

I charge £100 for a full set of lashes and get plenty of clients,
why ? how ?
i explain that this is my fee for a full set and my full sets are just that, full,
i always apply 80 plus lashes to each eye, so they are very effective and nice,
then i tell them to ring around other salons and ask how many lashes they apply to each eye when they call them full sets,
some salons are applying 35 lashes per eye, which takes less time and this is why they charge less,
but a set with 80+ per eye will look dramatically different to a set with 35 per eye and this is where you will win over the loyal client who are willing to pay for a quality service and full set, hth

That is a great example and holds true for all of our service menu.
Why is the nail bar charging £20? Because prep is a joke one style fits all and not a drop of cuticle oil in sight. ditto for lashes and thank you for pointing it out:hug: I'd sooner pay £100 for 80 lashes per eye then £40 for a lot less and at the back of my mind would be the question, how long will they last? Sorry ladies, but that's my eyes you're talking about, I want the best if someones going to be that close to my eyeball with a pair of tweezers and glue. Not the cheepest. So I'm going to do my homework and make sure they have been well trained use top of the line products and are going to take the utmost care of me, not just slap them on and shove me out the door.
Same thing with tanning, I don't want to be orange, streaky or itchy. Have faith in your training your products and your customer care skills. The phone call that finishes with some harpy screaming HOW MUCH isn't a client I want. Is it really yours?

I agree and prices are a difficult thing to set....if you go to Boots you can get lashes for £3.50 but are they any good?
The same wherever you go....if a salon or therapist near you offers semi permanent extensions at a lower price doesnt mean she knows what she is doing, can do them so that the client is happy and / or is she actually trained and certified to perform this treatment?
Even if that is the case you will find that there is huge differences between therapists and the service they offer..,............you dont have to be the cheapest to be the best and be busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hug:

i dont understand why alot of the eyelash trainers are passing people on the SAME DAY wots that all about its wrong so wrong

i dont understand why alot of the eyelash trainers are passing people on the SAME DAY wots that all about its wrong so wrong
that makes two of us....but unfortunately its true :cry:

I have decided to do a little experiment so for the next 4 weeks I have put my prices to £60 for a full set from £85

I personally dont think it will bring more customers but we will see and I am advertising it so will keep you updated.

I really don't know where to pitch myself in my area. Although very recently trained and lots of practice still ahead of me, my time is valuable to me as a business woman and I cant afford to give it for free even when practicing so at the moment I am charging £25 for a 2 hour treatment session in which time I will lash as many lashes as I can (at the moment its 30 ish)- stated as an introductory rate until I gain my certification, when prices will start from £50.
So I feel I have left it open for me to set my prices according to the treatment time I book a client, as I will still not be as quick as some of the lash pro`s out there doing a full (60 lashes +) set in just under 2 hours. Also in my area although not many Lash Techs right now the couple I know of offer some or all of the following .......
weekend lashes (I assume party flicks?) @ £10
Express lashes (I assume demi sets) @ £35
Semi perm (stating min 60 lashes) @ £50 Infill's 3 weekly @ £15

So really I am going to have to set my prices in line with these :irked:.

Make em a cup of tea and charge an extra tenner for it :hug:Seriously though it is important to find the right balance and never set out and undersell your time.

Of course the real acid test is to try different price points...in a way like Kelly is doing...I wager that there wont be an increase in business experienced by lowering prices....time will tell of course.

There might and is always someone who is in competition with you that has low prices....do they stay in business that long....and more importantly...do they really effect your business that much..if your good at what you do,offer a flexible and warm approach to your customers and a dam fine job done...they will return time and time again :hug:

It is good though,again as Kelly has done,to experiment and try different pricing to see what positive effect that could have on your business:hug:

OMG ive posted on an eyelash thread...LOL...well just from the buisness perspective so its quiet safe :eek::lol::hug:

I have the same problem round on the Wirral there are places charging £30 for a full set.

I useed Flirties too and they are very very good value for money so it doesnt cost a load of money to use good quality products. To tryand stay competative I am doing a special offer for £60 which includes a mascara. The mascara is about £5 for me to buy but the illusion is that the mascara would cost them £15 - £20 so clients still feel they are getting a good deal.

I am mobile though so I dont have the overheads of a salon

xxx

I do agree, but I work part-time, so I use my car for travelling to and from work as well as to my mobile clients AND personal usage.
So yes, the wear and tear needs to be considered but I do not wholly use my car for nothing else except mobile jobs.

Yes, time is expensive, but even if the treatment were to cost £10 (which is more than we know it does), that still means you make £15 an hour-still a LOT more than any salon will offer per hour!

You are missing the point about mobile costs, the car is one cost but you also need to account for tax, NI, advertising costs, insurance, stock replenishing and ongoing training....... Take those costs out and your £15 per hour isn't actually £15. The income you take in from a client is not your profit, and your profit is what you then have to pay tax on.

Working mobile is not working cost free. The costs are there but they are more hidden than in a salon. If you don't sort your pricing structure out realistically you will find you're not making any profit at all.......

You are missing the point about mobile costs, the car is one cost but you also need to account for tax, NI, advertising costs, insurance, stock replenishing and ongoing training....... Take those costs out and your £15 per hour isn't actually £15. The income you take in from a client is not your profit, and your profit is what you then have to pay tax on.

Working mobile is not working cost free. The costs are there but they are more hidden than in a salon. If you don't sort your pricing structure out realistically you will find you're not making any profit at all.......

Completely agree xx

A car is cheaper than a salon,,,, when you think that we all have a car for everyday use so all your doing is using it for work,,,, it doesn't cost that much if your staying local and if you work your appointmants out right.

If your car isn't being used solely for work they you can't claim for it all as an expense?????? this is why you have to keep every receipt,,,,, I work from home and I can claim so much for the house bills but not being rude I see that as a bonus so less tax to pay,,,, and this year our house bills are cheaper than last year and I wasn't st home working.

My prices are cheaper than any other salon in my area and the reason is to get people in the door,,,,,, it's my first year and shouldn't really be making a profit as long as our bills get paid,,,,,,, if I was as expensive as all the other salon's I wouldn't have the amount of clients I have right now,,,,,,,, listen to your clients how many keep moaning about how much they pay elsewhere??????

Just remember that if you can get it cheaper down the road and you get the same then you'll go to them.

Lu-b-lu it's up to you how much you charge,,,,, do your research and just remember how cheap it is and how much profit you can still make if you were slightly cheaper,,,,, would you prefer to havee 1 person a week at £100 a set or 5 people £60 a set.

Everyone wants a bargin!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Vetty was refering to being a paid employee in a salon, not owning one. Also the price being around the £30 mark for a full set, not £60 as you have suggested.
That was my understanding anyway :hug: xxx

A car is cheaper than a salon,,,, when you think that we all have a car for everyday use so all your doing is using it for work,,,, it doesn't cost that much if your staying local and if you work your appointmants out right. But the car is not the only expense of running a mobile business as I outlined above.

If your car isn't being used solely for work they you can't claim for it all as an expense?????? this is why you have to keep every receipt,,,,,
Business mileage is 40p per mile which is classed as a business expense, no need to keep petrol receipts when a car is used for business and personal use.

I work from home and I can claim so much for the house bills but not being rude I see that as a bonus so less tax to pay,,,, and this year our house bills are cheaper than last year and I wasn't st home working. If you work from home you are entitled to claim some of your bills as a business expense......

My prices are cheaper than any other salon in my area and the reason is to get people in the door,,,,,, it's my first year and shouldn't really be making a profit as long as our bills get paid,,,,,,, But if you can make a profit why wouldn't you?

if I was as expensive as all the other salon's I wouldn't have the amount of clients I have right now,,,,,,,, listen to your clients how many keep moaning about how much they pay elsewhere??????

Just remember that if you can get it cheaper down the road and you get the same then you'll go to them. But how do you know if you 'get the same'? I persoanlly assumer if someone is loads cheaper they must be rubbish.

Lu-b-lu it's up to you how much you charge,,,,, do your research and just remember how cheap it is and how much profit you can still make if you were slightly cheaper,,,,, would you prefer to havee 1 person a week at £100 a set or 5 people £60 a set. Personally, I like working smarter not harder. If I can do less work and make more money I will!

Everyone wants a bargin!!!!!!!!!!!! No they don't.

Your attitude to pricing is what keeps prices in our industry artificially low. I'm a nail tech and a full set of nails cost £35 in the 1980's, prices are the same now..... People with no business acumen under-cutting others drive prices and standards lower and lower.

Sorry didn't realise vetty was comparing working in a salon for somone else and working mobile for yourself,,,,, must be the rubbish therapist that I'am,, I having problems understanding.

Lu-b-lu was on about charging £80-£100 for eyelash extension I was only trying to say that maybe £60 is better than £30.

Like I have said before we all charge what we want,,,,if some of you think being cheaper means your rubbish, well you can think that you like, personally I think that if you prefer charging more and doing less just proves how lazy you are,,,, which it;s only until now I have realised that.

Someone may thing I can't run a business and yer I have only been working for myself for 6 months but it's better than working for someone else and earning peanuts,,,, I'm earning more than working for someone else and that's after all the expense's of a business,,,,,, £100 for a set of lash's, you make it sound that there is so little profit to be made.

I'm not argueing with you over something so pointless.

Rubbish therapist because I'm cheaper you make me laugh.

Sorry didn't realise vetty was comparing working in a salon for somone else and working mobile for yourself,,,,, must be the rubbish therapist that I'am,, I having problems understanding.

Lu-b-lu was on about charging £80-£100 for eyelash extension I was only trying to say that maybe £60 is better than £30.

Like I have said before we all charge what we want,,,,if some of you think being cheaper means your rubbish, well you can think that you like, personally I think that if you prefer charging more and doing less just proves how lazy you are,,,, which it;s only until now I have realised that.

Someone may thing I can't run a business and yer I have only been working for myself for 6 months but it's better than working for someone else and earning peanuts,,,, I'm earning more than working for someone else and that's after all the expense's of a business,,,,,, £100 for a set of lash's, you make it sound that there is so little profit to be made.

I'm not argueing with you over something so pointless.

Rubbish therapist because I'm cheaper you make me laugh.

There is quality and there is quality, as on my other thread we use 3D adhesive, its about the most expensive you can get, and one of the only once that says where its made (USA) CE means nothing.

What has this to do with this thread you say? it will cost you £50 delivered, it has a short sell buy date, they make it fresh and its how I like it.

The pads are also worth donning your cap to as well, again they are not cheap, but superior

If you use the best products you have to charge for them, shandy or champaign?

Better products will always provide a better job, unless the person is not good at fitting them.

£85-110 for a good salon, infill's half that taking a full hour to CLEAN remove and top up.

Quality is not cheap,

Not a lot less for mobile, petrol, and stuff.

Quality.

Su x

Well i trained in feb this year and started straight off charging £45 for a full set averaging between 30 and 50 lpe depending on clients own lashes..but however as soon as i receive my certificate the trial price will end and will be going up to £65 to begin with then prob £75 later in year infills £20 then will go to £22. local salons by me charge between £60 and £90 a set..as with doing nails you will always get some clients who fetch you flyers off other salons that do treatments at a cheaper rate but i always say to them that
`yes i could do nails cheaper if i change my products but i use superior products that do not contain harmfull chemicals that could damage the nail bed etc but feel free to go and try these salons out as everyone has the right to choose who to pay for treatments but i will see you back here in a couple of weeks agreeing with the quality and application of the products i use`

jo xx

I'm reading eyelash extension threads with interest and incredulity regarding the prices charged.

Now if any Australian wants to chime in, please do, but where I am in the various salons I've visited and menus I've seen both in the city and the suburbs, of those that are actually offering lashes, I've not seen a salon charging less than AUD$250 for a set of eyelash extensions.

That's about £150 or €170. The average charge in the city hovers around $300 (£190 or €205) and people are paying.

Some of the salons have waiting lists.

Obviously different countries work differently but wow, over here a set of eyelash extensions for £100 would be considered a steal. :eek:

Latest posts

Back