Botox How many Have it & what are your thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondered how many of you have Botox? What are your feelings on this treatment?
I admit I do have it.........Love it........no side effects for me. Been having it for more than 2 years can't quite remember when the 1st time was, will ask my Botox doctor on Monday...as that is my next fix date.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

We have just started offering this in the salon I work at.

We have a nurse come round every few weeks to do it and I went into work today to meet her as it was her first time comming in.

I sat in and watched a colleague of mines mum have it done and I have to say from where I was sitting it looked PAINFUL!!!!!

Very interesting to watch someone have it though!!!

Im 23, so not looking to have it at the mo, but i'd definately consider it in the future!!

A friend of mine ( same age ) had it done today also?! For what reason I don't know!!!! - Not a wrinkle in sight!!

Last edited:
I haven't had it but i need to have it,
if i could afford it i would in a heart beat

One of my clients has just trained to do it she's an rgn registered nurse so i might have it done im 32 and the old frown lines could do with something to iron em out with! im abit scared of getting addicted and it going wrong . I think jordon has got the bug and i think shes gone too far she doesnt look pretty anymore and her lips are terrible ,see id like them done aswell but dont want to end up like that!:irked:

I must admit I too have it! But secretly :eek: yes thats the effect I wanted no one has noticed but me (even my fella but he is rubbish at thing like that he doesn't even notice if I have my hair done ) unless I say which I have to a few trustworthy clients ( if I recommend I get discount - which I have ) had my first lot beginning on July and I am booked to go again 1st week in Dec so thats 5 months in between and I am only just starting to see the old me creeping back ( or the old creepy me lol ). I love it love it love it! makes me feel great. If you think about it most of us probably waste or spend £50 a month on creams or wrinkle decreasing products that don`t really do the job so I put my money away each month and worked out that when I am due my next lot I will have all the money saved may have to put a little to it but its so worth it to me. I would recommend it any day. :)

i'm planning to get some to stop my face from sweating.
i must admit i'm looking forward to the smoothing effects too.

I've had both Botox and fillers in the past and have been delighted with the results. I don't have it now because my skin has improved immensely since starting to use SwissDermyl.

I have had it done now for the past 2 years , i have my forehead, between my eyes and around my hairline done. Im 32 and i am really happy with the results it gives me and no side effects, I have a friend who had it done though and her eyelids drooped, apparently a common side effect though....:green:

I have it and LOVE it!!

Those of you who have had botox done, how did you feel about it when you were younger? Have your opinions changed sinced then?

I don't think I would ever have it done, but I'm only 23. I may feel a lot differently about that when I'm 33 though.

I'm just wonfering if anyone felt the same way, but changed their mind over time.

I had it done this first time this year, between my eyes, It wasn't painful atall and as a bonus I no longer get the headaches I used to get.

I think i can honestly say at my honest age of Er, 42, plastic surgery & most certainly cosmetic procedures like botox etc were not really available to the likes of myself both financially and local availability ( nails are something else that was not available everywhere and where it was it was very costly). Also back then lol, it never entered my head to consider such a thing I was young didn't give aging a second thought as I was living life to the full in the 80`s and boy was it great! Crikey I was 17 before I even heard of sunbeds.

There is so much pressure on the under 25`s these days to look younger before they get older but that is probably another thread.

Personally I wouldn't have Botox; To me it's injecting a foreign substance into my body, and I'm the sort of person who doesn't even like to take painkillers.
I have also heard (Please do correct me if i'm wrong), that your body cannot process this substance, and therefore cannot eliminate it. As it wears off it goes through your blood stream (Like all toxins do), but the liver cannot excrete it for some reason. So it builds up in your liver and after years and years of use, can turn into liver cirrosis. (sp?)
As I said, I might be wrong, but I read that somewhere, and true or not I'm not taking the risk!! I'd rather have a fully functioning body with the lines and wrinkles that years of emotions have given me, rather than be falling to pieces, with a strangely smooth visage!!!

Each to thier own but for me i defy the ageing process with clever skin care formulations.....maybe good for a quick fix....but do your homework and research thouroughly befor going ahead i say:hug:

Personally I wouldn't have Botox; To me it's injecting a foreign substance into my body, and I'm the sort of person who doesn't even like to take painkillers.
I have also heard (Please do correct me if i'm wrong), that your body cannot process this substance, and therefore cannot eliminate it. As it wears off it goes through your blood stream (Like all toxins do), but the liver cannot excrete it for some reason. So it builds up in your liver and after years and years of use, can turn into liver cirrosis. (sp?)
As I said, I might be wrong, but I read that somewhere, and true or not I'm not taking the risk!! I'd rather have a fully functioning body with the lines and wrinkles that years of emotions have given me, rather than be falling to pieces, with a strangely smooth visage!!!

I blame the vodka for that part:)
Botulinum Toxin or Botox / Vistabel injections Risks or Side Effects
this is worth a read as with all drugs you can have side effects x

Each to thier own but for me i defy the ageing process with clever skin care formulations.....maybe good for a quick fix....but do your homework and research thouroughly befor going ahead i say:hug:

Absolutely. I beleive in my skincare products 100% and I have seen the results. I've been using my range since it became available to me at 20 years old and have not missed a day in 3 years (well maybe once or twice). Even when I'm sick I still make the effort to look after my skin. I truly believe the benefits of a good skincare routine will pay off.

Latest posts

Back