Brazilians sound scary

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
I really want to get a Brazilian
for my holiday but I'm terrified lol I'm fine with extend but the thought of someone waxing right in there makes me feel embarrassed :-/

I want to over come my Brazilian fear lol x

for my holiday but I'm terrified lol I'm fine with extend but the thought of someone waxing right in there makes me feel embarrassed :-/

Go for it! I carry out Brazilian and Hollywood waxing and felt I should have one myself so I knew what it felt like. It is a bit embarrassing, but you have to remember that the therapist has seen loads! She won't be embarrassed, so that will make you feel less embarrassed, and once she starts you won't care. Bit like having a baby! Once you've done it you'll never look back! Good luck ;-) X

Go for it.....its not as bad as it sounds. I only had my first one when I done the training and now I wouldnt have anything else. I would reccomment going for a hot wax
Good Luck x

The only way to get over it is to go have one so you can see it's really not that bad. I was crapping myself the first time I had a brazilian but it was fine. And totally worth it!

Def go for it, I've been getting a Hollywood done for years and wouldn't change now. Def go somewhere that uses non strip wax tho, much better and nowhere near as painful!!

Aw hun I know how you feel! But honestly you have nothing to worry about! A good waxer will make you feel comfortable and be quick and painless.

May be worth mentioning you are very nervous so you are given someone confident in their waxing abilities.xx

As you are in Essex.. check out Kim Lawless the Wax Queen..
Intimate waxing is Kim's speciality.

I have never had anything waxed in my life until April of this year (and I was celebrating a BIG birthday). Once you get over the thought of it, it's fine.

I get myself sugared by a Sugaring expert, rather than wax - but as someone mentioned you're near Ms K Lawless and she is the biiiizzzzzness from what I hear :)

Truthfully yes, you probably will feel embarrassed for about 10 seconds and it really really isn't that bad I promise :) I have been 3 times now and am addicted. Once you start you can't stop :)

I'm booked in on Thursday for my first Brazilian!! Very nervous & obsessed with cleanliness!!

I think you should go for it, you wont regret it, and Kim Lawless is brilliant, I trained with her, give her a call.

When I'm doing a brazillian/hollywood, I'm not looking "there", I'm looking for hair, so dont feel embarrased because honestly your therapist isnt staring at your bits. I remember one time I had a client who, half way through apologised for her dodgy tan lines, and until she mentioned it I hadnt even noticed, because all I was looking at was where the hair was and where the wax needed to be placed. I know it sounds contradictory because in one sense you are looking but in another you're not, but honestly its true.

I have a good friend whose brazillian I do regularly now. She mentioned to me that she'd love to have one but was too shy and I told her I would be more than happy. I told her the same thing, that I see it all the time, that I'm not staring at her bits etc, and eventually she trusted me to do it, and although the first time she was a bit self conscious she's so different now she just whips the pants off and she's on the bed!! We chat while I'm working and neither of us is embarrased at all.

Its a fantastic treatment to have especially if you're going on holiday, honestly it will be worth a few embarrasing minutes :hug:

I think you should go for it, you wont regret it, and Kim Lawless is brilliant, I trained with her, give her a call.

When I'm doing a brazillian/hollywood, I'm not looking "there", I'm looking for hair, so dont feel embarrased because honestly your therapist isnt staring at your bits. I remember one time I had a client who, half way through apologised for her dodgy tan lines, and until she mentioned it I hadnt even noticed, because all I was looking at was where the hair was and where the wax needed to be placed. I know it sounds contradictory because in one sense you are looking but in another you're not, but honestly its true.

I have a good friend whose brazillian I do regularly now. She mentioned to me that she'd love to have one but was too shy and I told her I would be more than happy. I told her the same thing, that I see it all the time, that I'm not staring at her bits etc, and eventually she trusted me to do it, and although the first time she was a bit self conscious she's so different now she just whips the pants off and she's on the bed!! We chat while I'm working and neither of us is embarrased at all.

Its a fantastic treatment to have especially if you're going on holiday, honestly it will be worth a few embarrasing minutes :hug:

Lol thank you so much really appreciate the encouragement I know what u mean about looking but not! I do the same when doing nails I don't really see the colour until I take a step back and look at the end.

I tried to look on Kim lawless webpage today but it was down :( I will keep trying though I'm gonna be brave and do it for my hols! I just worry :-/ x

I'm booked in on Thursday for my first Brazilian!! Very nervous & obsessed with cleanliness!!

Come back on here and let me know how you get on :) x

I have never had anything waxed in my life until April of this year (and I was celebrating a BIG birthday). Once you get over the thought of it, it's fine.

I get myself sugared by a Sugaring expert, rather than wax - but as someone mentioned you're near Ms K Lawless and she is the biiiizzzzzness from what I hear :)

Truthfully yes, you probably will feel embarrassed for about 10 seconds and it really really isn't that bad I promise :) I have been 3 times now and am addicted. Once you start you can't stop :)

Do you have the sugaring for your Brazilian then? X

I love to have sugaring done just in legs and stuff, they do it in my dentist keep ummnning and arring about it

Thanks so much everyone :) thinks I'm gonna be brave and go for it!! X

Do you have the sugaring for your Brazilian then? X

I love to have sugaring done just in legs and stuff, they do it in my dentist keep ummnning and arring about it

Yes my first ever Brazilian all ones since are done with sugar! I love it and it doesn't hurt at all!

Good luck x

Last edited:
If I can do a Brazilian / Hollywood anyone anyone can.

I did my training with an amazing trainer in Basingstoke, found out what everything is doing tue a+p which believe me i needed! Worked on two models and now have spatula's at the ready for my ladies!

I've also trained therapists who where embarrassed just saying the names of the areas being waxed. Part of the work as trainers is to help people feel comfortable saying and handling other people's body parts ... Whatever part of the body it is.

Lol thank you so much really appreciate the encouragement I know what u mean about looking but not! I do the same when doing nails I don't really see the colour until I take a step back and look at the end.

I tried to look on Kim lawless webpage today but it was down :( I will keep trying though I'm gonna be brave and do it for my hols! I just worry :-/ x
Hiya! Nothing to be scared of at all. You will feel totally liberated and you'll become addicted. Yes, I hear that my site is down so I'll look into that (thank you). 07739 832 328 Call me on Monday as I'm all waxed out. x

Had my second Hollywood today and love it! Started with Brazilian and then went the whole hog! It is addictive as everyone has said. You won't regret it! X

I had my first Hollywood done today & it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting!! I was going to take a few painkillers before I went but after running out of time to get the kids to my friends I forgot!! The lady was lovely & I was totally at ease. I'm not sore & will definitely be going back x

I had my first Hollywood done today & it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting!! I was going to take a few painkillers before I went but after running out of time to get the kids to my friends I forgot!! The lady was lovely & I was totally at ease. I'm not sore & will definitely be going back x

Glad it went well! I'm all booked up with kim lawless :) x

Latest posts

Back