Brazillian/Hollywood waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLE

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had traning in Brazillian and Hollywood waxing? I have heard some brilliant comments on the peron rigot products. I do a great deal of waxing and its an area I am confident in but I would like to experiment with different waxes. I was trained in hot and warm wax at college but only really use warm (with strips). I have heard hot is much better for bikini lines etc.

Hi,

Has anyone had traning in Brazillian and Hollywood waxing? I have heard some brilliant comments on the peron rigot products. I do a great deal of waxing and its an area I am confident in but I would like to experiment with different waxes. I was trained in hot and warm wax at college but only really use warm (with strips). I have heard hot is much better for bikini lines etc.

We have The wax queen and Axion they are our experts and both work with peron regot if you go to the search bar and type in either their names or waxing you will have many happy hours reading in front of you:lol:

I'm the Brazilian trainer for Perron Rigot so feel free to ask anything you like and I'll help you all I can. Kim x

Hi,

Hi Ashle

As you are already trained in using hot wax and you are a confident waxer, why not ring Thalgo and order up some Perron Rigot hot wax to experiment with? You will also need some oil, you may already have some(?) as long as it's reasonably lightweight I don't think it matters whether or not it's PR, although the Jasmine oil is lovely. Another thing to consider is, the hard wax comes in pellet form so you need a suitable container / heater to melt it in, this may seem obvious but I'm just letting you know, it does not come in a tin, although you can order spare tins from Thalgo, the tins don't fit every type of heater. I'm probably making this sound a lot more complicated than it is, but if you let us know which heater you have, we can guide you.

My personal recommendation would be to have a play with the wax on non-intimate body parts before you tackle brazilian waxing with it. It's very easy to use and it won't take you long to feel happy using it.

I have Lori Nestore's Whole Ball of Wax dvd, it might be helpful to do a search on this as a few geeks have it and it 'might' help you / interest you. A lot of the waxing she does is with hot wax.

With regard to training, I notice you are based in Sunderland, blimey I dont really even know here that is(!) but if you are looking for training close to home, try going to Beauty Guild : Home and searching their training directory where you can put in your postcode and possibly find a venue in your area.

By the way, hot wax is good for all sensitive areas, not only the bikini line. It's also great for underarms and especially great for facial waxing.

One last thing, I believe Axiom has a hot wax tutorial on here. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it for you but someone else might :green:

Good luck :hug:

Thanks thats really helpful!!!:)

Can I just clarify:-

Perron Rigot isn't HOT or HARD wax, it's warm wax but they do it in non strip and strip wax

You don't need oil, but we recommend using it as it creates a fine barrier which protects the skin............and it's lovely to use. A tiny drop is all that's needed.

The Whole Ball of Wax by Lori Nestore is great and she's fantastic.......I love her!. It's a great springboard for newbies but as you're an experienced waxer, I doubt that you need to spend $180 as you'll already know it all. I bought it to just see what's different and I only ended up watching a few clips.

You can purchase sample sizes of Perron Rigot to try the different waxes which are all fab. As you're a Pro Waxer already, I suggest that you use Euroblonde (non strip) for Brazilians/Boyzilians, Cristal Ocean (strip) for general body waxing as it's very economical and lovely and thin and if you fancy treating yourself to a third wax, I recommend Escential Rose (non strip) for facial, underarms and inner thighs. Or you can use Euroblonde for these areas too.

Can you post any specific questions on here so that either Andy (Axiom) or myself can help you as we're the waxing trainers for Perron Rigot. xxx

Last edited:
:idea:hello, im new to this site, saw ur msg.

ive been using the perron rigot for about 2 years, its amazing. ive been doing hollywoods for about 5 years now, and its by the far the best, eassist, and alot let painfull. get it now.

Hi,

Hi girls! I'm very new to this site but was wondering what your thoughts are on warm wax or hot wax for advanced waxing. I have jst completed an advanced waxing course and we were trained using the Eggpot Kiwi and Grapefruit wax. It was great not as tricky as I thought considering I thought you HAD to use hot wax too... However I would like to use hot wax on some particular areas i.e. underneath. We studied some theory in college but not the practical side of it. And although I have seen hot wax being used on me for a good few years, would you suggest I attend a separate hot wax course....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Love Dawn

Can I use oil with the perron strip wax too? Or just with the non-strip.

I have always used powder with both hard and soft wax (I use Gigi but would like to try Perron)

I've been using Perron Rigot for a few years now and LOVE IT! As for training or practicing with it.......I would have to say there is a different technique with applying all the different waxes. Perron Rigot was easy from the start for me and just gets better and better with practice. I purchased the Perron Rigot video they have which was kind of a joke(IMO) as far as teach the technique of any type of waxing. Its more for the technique with which to apply the wax. Very helpful in that area, but I'm looking into The Whole Ball of Wax. As far as the pellets and tins. Some do come in only pellet form and you can but the empty tins, and some come in the tin. Just depends on what wax you get. I've been doing Hollywoods and Brazilians for a few months now and just started having my own done. I've experienced the other waxes on myself and would never use anything other than Perron Rigot! Especially in the bikini area!
HOpe this helps.

I'm the Brazilian trainer for Perron Rigot so feel free to ask anything you like and I'll help you all I can. Kim x
Hi Kim, over the past few years i haven't had much call to do hollywood or Brazilian waxing, but in the last few months I've had lots of requests, could you tell he how the wax works what its working temperature is, do you use it the same as hot wax, apply against the hair and remove against the hair growth? or is it any direction removable? also could you tell me of any courses available for this waxing system nr Bath or Bristol
Thanks skyblu

Hi Skyblu

Kim obviously hasnt seen your post but I use EuroBlonde in a digital hive heater and I have it on 58, the Cristal ocean on 69. Obviously it can differ from heater to heater and is also dependant on the time of year. I have just gotten to know what my wax looks like when its at the right temp rather than always relying on the heater as we all know things do go wrong!

We are also training providers for Perron Rigot so luckily there are now trainers available all over the UK and quite a few people to get advice from...
I would strongly suggest attending one of the Perron Rigot Discovery Days.. they are very informative and it gives you a chance to try the products out and see which ones you like best and would fit in with your salon. Euroblonde and Cristal Ocean are by far the most popular ones which we carry out all of our training using and most therapists go on to buy however, there are 2 new products about to be released and the range of products is big enough for you to fine tune what you want to get out of the waxes.
I know you may be advised to use any lightweight oil or be ok without an oil but we would definitely recommend using the Jasmine oil to create the barrier between the skin and the wax as this product is designed with the wax in mind which means it is not absorbed too quickly nor is it too oily and it really helps you perform an efficient wax!

With the Discovery Day you have access to a trained professional to troubleshoot with and you get to see how all of the waxes work...temperatures etc,etc before you invest in the product (Which you definitely will want to!)

Hope this is helpful! :lol:

Hi Kim, over the past few years i haven't had much call to do hollywood or Brazilian waxing, but in the last few months I've had lots of requests, could you tell he how the wax works what its working temperature is, do you use it the same as hot wax, apply against the hair and remove against the hair growth? or is it any direction removable? also could you tell me of any courses available for this waxing system nr Bath or Bristol
Thanks skyblu

Sorry! Only just seen this (thanks Zooks).

Perron Rigot waxes are the easiest waxes to use and each wax from the brand are used in exactly the same way.

You apply with the direction of hair growth and remove against.

I run classes every week in Essex but I'm planning on running more courses around the UK. I'm not that far from you though so come and have a day out:)

Latest posts

Back