Brother has stolen my business money

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did he do with the money? If he bought something with it, I'd be going into HIS room and claiming it back as my own! Even if it was the biggest load of tat I'D TAKE IT! Let him know how it feels. What a cheek!

It was wrong to do and clearly everyone that has read this is super shocked as it's your brother, not some random break-in (my friends flat got 'broken into' friday night and 2 tvs got nicked, the key was in a pot in a bush and they replaced the key in the pot when they were done.) At least you know how to prevent it from happening again.

If you think you will never get your money back again, I hope the rest of your family will help you/him out? Is there anyways you can raise the £400 from the odd £50 here and there off your mum, dad, aunties, uncles, sisters and other brothers? Until you get the £400 your BUSINESS needs replaced then they can be repaid by your brother one at at time- if he is on a low income this may suit him better?

I spend all my money on my business and what I need to live on, until I know I've got it all under wraps. I'm really sad for you coz we can all see what your putting into it but I'm really sad for your brother who has felt desperate enough to steal all that from one very hard working person. Hopefully your family will help you out and your brother will think twice about stealing and get help if he needs it? xx

Well hes said as he has done before that the reason he took it is that if he bothered to ask to lend it I would say no, and he knew he was getting paid anyway. Hes made no attempt to aplologise and clearly isnt in a rush to pay back any of it. He would need to be payed another 2 times to cover the money he took. My dad has told me to work out exactly how much was taken and to include to damaged money box in the cost, but thats as far as it has gone so far. I'm in a panic as they are goin on holiday on friday or saturday and the money cash I have to my name is £20 which my granda has given me yesterday. The only thing he hasnt already sold is an x box but i doubt i would get much for it, its already been broken and repaired, but if he leaves it behind I think I'll have to take it and sell it if I don't get anything out of him. I'm dreading breaking into the bit of money in the bank incase I can't replace it. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long for business to pick up again now I'm back home.

Well hes said as he has done before that the reason he took it is that if he bothered to ask to lend it I would say no, and he knew he was getting paid anyway. Hes made no attempt to aplologise and clearly isnt in a rush to pay back any of it. He would need to be payed another 2 times to cover the money he took. My dad has told me to work out exactly how much was taken and to include to damaged money box in the cost, but thats as far as it has gone so far. I'm in a panic as they are goin on holiday on friday or saturday and the money cash I have to my name is £20 which my granda has given me yesterday. The only thing he hasnt already sold is an x box but i doubt i would get much for it, its already been broken and repaired, but if he leaves it behind I think I'll have to take it and sell it if I don't get anything out of him. I'm dreading breaking into the bit of money in the bank incase I can't replace it. Fingers crossed it doesn't take long for business to pick up again now I'm back home.

:mad::mad:Nothing is worse that theiving!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Reasons, relations, and intention mean nothing, and the responsibility lies soley on him. I take it he is an adult, so i am confused as to why anyone would think it is your parents responsibilty to pay it back??? It sucks, and it seems it only ever happens to those who work honestly and hard for what is rightfully theirs.
I agree, take any things he has of value....and 'hold' them until his debt is satisfied.......
then tell him you cannot share your home with criminals, and boot his sorry ass out!!!!
And keep money out of your house till he is gone.

So sorry for you.

You poor thing, this is absoultly terrible, & totally unexceptable
What are your parents doing to punish him & help sort out this situation?
What have they said to him?
Have you thought about going to the police?
He cant get away with this!
I would get a lock put on my bedroom door, & lock it whenever I am not in it.
I am a very strong believer in what comes around goes around!
x:hug::hug:x

Phone the police now!

You shouldn't have to put up with the fact he can't go out and earn his own wage. I find it disgusting that he thinks its ok to steal £400!

Reporting him to the police should make him realise that your very serious about how wrong the whole situation is.

There's a reason why you would have said no to lending him the money.

You would probably only get £175-£200 for the xbox.

Shocking, how old is he, does he work? Yes no excuses, but he needs to pay you back no matter how long it takes him. If he has done it before I certainly wouldn't leave any more money in the house!

He is 23. It all got sorted in the end, weeks later, with no effort on his part. My parents ended up taking control of one of his benefits, but my dad has assured me that if I'm daft enough to leave money in the house again that he wont be helping out. Fair enough, I was just so relieved to get the full amount back. And have had very little to do with the brother since - not that he has stopped snooping about. :irked:

He is 23. It all got sorted in the end, weeks later, with no effort on his part. My parents ended up taking control of one of his benefits, but my dad has assured me that if I'm daft enough to leave money in the house again that he wont be helping out. Fair enough, I was just so relieved to get the full amount back. And have had very little to do with the brother since - not that he has stopped snooping about. :irked:

WHAT?!!! :irked: Honestly, it really sounds like you need to get out. There's a reason your brother is like this - because your parents let him get away with it all the time.

You shouldn't have to remove your money from the house, or hide it, to stop him from thieving it. He should KNOW that's not acceptable behaviour. If any of my kids did that to their siblings (or anyone else for that matter) I'd be desperately disappointed and wondering where I went wrong. It sounds like your parents just don't give a fudge. :eek:

If I were you I'd either be looking into renting a room somewhere else (you can normally find some around the £50pw mark in a shared house I believe), putting a proper lock on your bedroom door, or phoning the police next time it happens. You should NOT have to hide your things, in your own room. You should not be living in fear of being robbed every time you turn your back.

:hug:

It's NOT "fair", and it's not acceptable. He should NOT be poking through your personal possessions at all. He certainly shouldn't be taking your things.

I honestly think in this case you'd be better off trying to find somewhere else to live. I know it's scary, and seems expensive, but you don't sound like you're in a very nurturing, friendly environment... Yeah, it'll cost you some money and maybe be a stretch, but at least you'll have peace of mind.

So pleased it has all been sorted out for you.:)

I agree with the other posts - you should get out of there, if this is really not able to be done, get a lock put on your bedroom door & get a safe installed (on thats bolted down) inside a wardrobe/drawer.

I am a believer of what comes around goes around - so watch this space!

x:hug:x

To be brutally honest if I were you I would be going mental at him. Yes you stay with him, yes he's your brother but he's a thief! If that was any1 else you would of been straight on the phone to the police, so why not now. It's outrageous!
I would go to him say if he doesn't hand back the lot in a week you will phone the police!

To be brutally honest if I were you I would be going mental at him. Yes you stay with him, yes he's your brother but he's a thief! If that was any1 else you would of been straight on the phone to the police, so why not now. It's outrageous!
I would go to him say if he doesn't hand back the lot in a week you will phone the police!

Hun, this has all been sorted now, if you read the last few posts you will see what happened :hug:

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. I would take izzidolls advise and also put a lock on your door so he cant enter your room at all. Sound like he needs a lot of growing up to do! that's the sort of thing kids do, going into other the brother or sisters rooms and taking things without asking.

Hope things workout in your favour.

xxx

I would ask for the money back, it is not right that the hard earned money you earned , is stolen by your brother, I do hope it works out for the best x

As for the lock on the door and the safe, I had both of those thing when we were teenagers and the door ended up off its hinges and the safe was also gotten into. It was one that you had to enter a pin to open, but there was also a key that would open it in emergencies. When I found it the control panel bit was off, wires were hanging out of it and I think he eventually got into it by using a screw driver on the emergency key bit.
So leopords really don't change their spots.

Now that I know he wil still do this to me its my responsibility to ensure I never give him the chance to do it again.

On the bright side a flat has been found for him. I could cry with joy woopeeeee. Best check all my possessions are still here when he leaves eh lol!!!!

Now that I know he wil still do this to me its my responsibility to ensure I never give him the chance to do it again

Gah! It's NOT your responsibility!!! It's HIS. He should know better than to knock doors off hinges, break into safe's, steal from people. And if he doesn't, then it's your PARENTS responsibility to deal with him appropriately.

If he does this to you EVER again, it's your responsibility to turn him in to the police. Because if he does this to you, who else is he doing it too?! He sounds like he needs serious help and it's obvious the only way he'll get it is if someone turns him in!

Your brother is a thief. You're enabling him to carry on being one by not insisting that he takes responsibility for his actions.

As for the lock on the door and the safe, I had both of those thing when we were teenagers and the door ended up off its hinges and the safe was also gotten into. It was one that you had to enter a pin to open, but there was also a key that would open it in emergencies. When I found it the control panel bit was off, wires were hanging out of it and I think he eventually got into it by using a screw driver on the emergency key bit.
So leopords really don't change their spots.

Now that I know he wil still do this to me its my responsibility to ensure I never give him the chance to do it again.

On the bright side a flat has been found for him. I could cry with joy woopeeeee. Best check all my possessions are still here when he leaves eh lol!!!!

Maybe you could ask your parents if they will take his house key back when he moves out?

They should do it if they have any respect for your (and even their own) belongings. At least he would only be able to get in the house when someone else is in and they can keep an eye on him.

xxXxx

Believe me I would have liked nothing better than to turn the little so and so in, and if it happened again I wouldn't hesitate, but I was more concerned with actually getting the money back, I couldn't afford to lose it and had no idea when my next job was going to be. Thankfully business has been going well. But I would cut my losses if it did happen a second time, and would not attempt to sort it out with as little fuss as possible within the family. The situation was made more difficult for me as I'm living in my parents house and unfortunately we dont see eye to eye on how he should be dealt with, my efforts to teach him a lesson are always overruled.

He will never take responsibility for his actions, he can feel no guilt and cant be reasoned with. He is long past that point. And if I don't take responsibility for keeping my money safe when I know there is a theif about, then the only person losing out will be me, when I could have prevented it. It's a bit like leaving your house unlocked when there has been a string of breakins in your street. Of course it isn't fair that someone would enter your home (locked or unlocked) but it would make sense to do all you can to prevent it when you know you could be next.

All I'm going to concentrate on now is working very hard and getting somewhere on my own away from messy family life.

Did I read it correctly that your dad took the money out of his benefits? I think as long as he paid it back and not your parents then it's all ended as best as possible. As for you not having money anywhere in the house ever again is ridiculous. How can you not have money there, it was locked and should be safe, that was a bit of a cop out comment from your parents but I don't think it is right for to comment on that so if that offends you then I apologise.

Your brother needs to keep his hands to himself and if he wants more money than what he is getting on benefits then he needs to find employment somewhere to raise his income not "borrow" from yours!

Latest posts

Back