Business card supplier, anyone-not Vistaprint!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
My last order was with Vistaprint but cards were tiny. Just had a look at some other suppliers but SOOO expensive.

Vistaprint can offer me 1000 cards (uploaded design front and back, glossy, premium paper) for just under 40 quid.

I need a supplier who prints standard size business cards - not the miniscule sizes that VP offer.. but at a reasonable price as some are quoting 160 quid for chrissakes!

any suggestions anyone?

thanks in advance x

If post this in the biz geek forum as you may get lots more replies 😃

My DF did mine for me do I can't help I'm afraid but I've had them from vista print before and they are tiny. Have you thought about their postcard size?

I got mine from sense creative. Really reasonable and dont charge to upload your own artwork xxx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

Moo were great for me.

My last order was with Vistaprint but cards were tiny. Just had a look at some other suppliers but SOOO expensive.

Vistaprint can offer me 1000 cards (uploaded design front and back, glossy, premium paper) for just under 40 quid.

I need a supplier who prints standard size business cards - not the miniscule sizes that VP offer.. but at a reasonable price as some are quoting 160 quid for chrissakes!

any suggestions anyone?

thanks in advance x

I have been told instant print is good

I use moo too. Not the cheapest but great quality. :)

Why don't you investigate the print room at your local NHS hospital?

Ours does outside work and state they charge less. But they do not advertise, all the business is brought in by word of mouth from the hospital staff.

I have used Vistaprint from the start. I get their premium business cards, which are fantastic quality if you design them well. They double up as my appointment card which is on the back. They are just normal business card sized, the size of a credit card. Why do you need something bigger than that?

I always get them on offer so 250 business cards are £3.49, then save a copy in your account, call it business card 2 or something, and put those in your basket= another £3.49, and do another copy, save as business card 3, and so on until 1000. Grand total of £13.96 for 1000.

I always time it so that you get free delievry when you spend £20 (inc VAT) or something and then stock up on what I need and take advantage of the free products. (pens, return address labels, car door stickers, banners etc etc) You can have upto 4 free things per order.

Obviously if you are anti Vistaprint, then it's not for you, but I have never been disappointed yet.

Um, the premium vistaprint business card is 87 x 49mm
The UK standard size is 85 x 55mm.

Vista print says one thing to me when someone gives me one. Cheap.

Everything you do and give out reflects your business ... I am not at the bottom of the prices for my area, the quality of the marketing materials and treatments reflect this.

You need to think about the impression a business card gives.

And any card that I am given that says "printed by Vistaprint" on the back should never be used!

A vote for Moo.com from me too.

Very good quality and really quick. I ordered something on Saturday and I had an email this morning to say it had been dispatched.

Vistaprint has it's place if you're on a budget..however the cards are 350gsm (and this is on the "new improved" premium card) - places like www.sensecreative.co.uk (and lots of others listed above) use 400gsm card, which is better quality.

*GSM is the is a measure of the weight and type of paper.

Everything you do and give out reflects your business ... I am not at the bottom of the prices for my area, the quality of the marketing materials and treatments reflect this.

You need to think about the impression a business card gives.

And any card that I am given that says "printed by Vistaprint" on the back should never be used!

Completely agree that saying printed by vistaprint looks cheap! Mine do not say vistaprint anywhere on them. The free ones they do, do. But I haven't got those.

I have one of your business cards Mat. It's not bad, but I prefer mine :lol:

Last edited:
Really sorry Fozzyo I have to disagree. If you want the free stuff then yes you won't get the best quality but I've found the premium stuff great.
I don't think my stuff looks cheep :(
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351530199.278676.jpg

Vicki x

I've uploaded my logo on the front and a loyalty reward design on the back and they look great. I don't think anyone would know they were from Vistaprint x

Goodprint for me. Great quality and customer service as standard.

I have mine done via vista print. Carl designed them and I upload them. So no where does it state that they are from vistaprint, I would not want that.

I have some cards from Moo and I love them. I used they're printfinity thingy so every card in the pack can have a different front. I made some amazing mini cards which each had a different word on the front nails, fancy a spray tan? Etc each one is different.

I am sticking with vistaprint for now especially as they've recently upgraded their paper.

I've heard good things about sensecreative aswell. I've ordered a roll up banner and some Xmas cards (both designed by Carl) this is my first order so hopefully it'll be great!

X

Latest posts

Back