Calgel Super Clear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
I have just gotten the super clear and tried it for the first time. It did not go well. The nails had more crators than the moon.
Any ideas what the problem is.

Are you putting the super clear on top of the clear gel..?

I was advised that super clear is meant to used as like a top coat and not in replacement of the clear gel..

The same happened to me! I think that the nail has to be buffed before you apply it so that you do the clear as normal then reove shine before using the superclear.

Calgel have an instruction sheet that gives you all the info on how to use it i think. I gave up after that first attempt but must have another go now you reminded me!

I haven't used it and i don't think that many of us have ,so can't help, but give them a call and ask an educator what youve done wrong..don't forget to let us know what they say.

Hi

I found the same thing on my first use of it, i applied it like i would bio sealer, very bubbly and cratory *new word* .

Any way i have found you have to be generous with it and get it in the lamp pronto and its fine.

HTH

superclear has to be applied to a buffed surface.

so after applying your clear or colour gel you will need to remove the sticky layer with calguard and then lightly buff and apply superclear.

remember that this gel also takes a little longer to cure as well (1 minute)

hth

Just a note, when I first used super clear I was not told how to use it ( I ordered over the phone and it arrived but no advise, so thought it was the same as normal clear) anyway, I used it to sculpt and overlay etc. I had no problems at all except it was very hard to soak off. It took ages. Then discussing it with a Calgel friend I was enlightened to the proper usage! But now I do not use it at all.

I had exactly the same problem. It is to be used over a buffed clear gel coat. If you email or ring Calgel they will send you out an info leaflet on application. I still have 3/4 of a pot which I never use. Also found it takes longer to remove. I now mix a bit of the purple in with my clear to stop the yellowing. Works great. xx

What is the purpose of the Super Clear? To my knowledge it is not offered here in Canada. Is it comparable to the Bio S Gel?

Are you putting the super clear on top of the clear gel..?

I was advised that super clear is meant to used as like a top coat and not in replacement of the clear gel..
Yes I was using it as a top coat over a french overlay.

Hi

I found the same thing on my first use of it, i applied it like i would bio sealer, very bubbly and cratory *new word* .

Any way i have found you have to be generous with it and get it in the lamp pronto and its fine.

HTH
I was quite generous with it, I actually thought I might of done it too thick, so I tried again last night with a thinner layer & it came out dull.
Do you put it in the lamp one nail at a time? I did the 4 fingers then the thumbs.

superclear has to be applied to a buffed surface.

so after applying your clear or colour gel you will need to remove the sticky layer with calguard and then lightly buff and apply superclear.

remember that this gel also takes a little longer to cure as well (1 minute)

hth
I didn't buff, so maybe that's the issue. That's a bit of a pain, I don't usually buff my Calgels.

I had exactly the same problem. It is to be used over a buffed clear gel coat. If you email or ring Calgel they will send you out an info leaflet on application. I still have 3/4 of a pot which I never use. Also found it takes longer to remove. I now mix a bit of the purple in with my clear to stop the yellowing. Works great. xx
It seems to have a harder feel then the clear. I don't like that. I really love the super flexible feel of calgel. I might have to get some purple & try tinting the clear.

What’s this about purple gel? :confused:
I have been using calgel for 6 weeks or so with no probs but today I had my first set of clear on French tips go yellowy. I tried to buff over and apply a thinner coat to no avail! Should I be using this supper clear?

There is a thread on here somewhere about mixing the purple with your clear to prevent yellowing. I'll have a look for it later.
Calgel will yellow if you overcure, or don't use calcrystal.

So what is the reason for using the Super Clear (maybe I've missed it here?)? To prevent yellowing? For more strength? My distributor said they weren't real fond of the product and therefore don't carry it...

So what is the reason for using the Super Clear (maybe I've missed it here?)? To prevent yellowing? For more strength? My distributor said they weren't real fond of the product and therefore don't carry it...
It's supposed to prevent yellowing.
I'm about to try my left hand, did the right last night. Haven't rung them yet. So will report back on that one later.
I don't know if I'm too fond of it yet either, but maybe after I get it figured out.

Calgel

NEW Crystal Clear Calgel

calgel.jpg

Calgel are now pleased to announce their NEW non yellowing Crystal Clear Gel, that won't go yellow in the sun.
Crystal Clear Gel does not take the place of Calgel's natural clear gel, they work hand in hand ensuring the nails are free from yellowing and look thin and natural.
To apply the Crystal Clear gel, you must first apply a normal layer of Clear gel to ensure quality adhesion, then simply carry on with the Crystal Clear gel.
Tips: Applied the same as the Clear gel
Cures in 45 secs to 1min
Soaks off in 20 mins
Available in 4ml, 10ml and 25ml jars.
A top coat needs to applied to give a high gloss finish and to protect the gel

Im interested reading all this at the mo as I have just purchased calgels kit and their training course, so it arrived this am and cant wait to get started. I will bear all this in mind and may have to right this down to remind myself to ask the trainer when I do my training in Nov

Thanks Pippadoodle and Beauty Nails. Will anxiously await your verdict Beauty Nails. Well it's not even available here, but still.....

I did my left hand the other night.
Did my french, then buffed, then did 2 thinnish coats of super clear.
The result was much better, but it's more fussing around then I wanted to do.
I'll definately have to try mixing some purple in my clear.

I have used the super clear 2 more times today.
First over a colour overlay (36), no problems at all.
Then a french rebalance. I think this is where the bumpy problems come into it. It must shrink more then the clear gel. If it didn't go straight into the lamp it would start to become cratery.

Latest posts

Back