can I ask

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnie

Reaction score
WHY I had my post closed when I was trying to tell all my old friends who have been on this site from day one as I have, that Gemma my daughter is 24 weeks preganant with a boy (Harvy) and yet a post stays open so we can choise a puppys name I have to say this site is getting pathetic so wish is was back to the old days.

I

Dawn

Can't help with the why but congratulations on your good news:)

Was your post actually closed or just moved to a different area?

Congratulations by the way:wink2:

congratulations on your news:hug:

I was told it should have been in a blogg and I don't do blogs.

Dawn

Dawn

May I ask why ? It is easy to do and we are a friendly bunch in there:lol:

Dawn

I'm with you Dawnie - I don't like blogs either and don't bother reading them, I only did one here once to let people know I was selling some stuff on ebay which, since Geekbay was taken away, is the only way we're allowed to tell people.

I think a lot of people don't bother with them (although there are obviously a lot of people who do I suppose), I certainly don't have the time to be reading them, it's as much as I can do to get in here maybe once a day, flick through the threads, and post if I have something to say. From one 'old timer' to another who remembers when you were allowed to post things like that in here, I can understand you wanting to let as many of your geeky friends know your good news - congratulations by the way, you must be over the moon!

Jackie
x

WHY I had my post closed when I was trying to tell all my old friends who have been on this site from day one as I have, that Gemma my daughter is 24 weeks preganant with a boy (Harvy) and yet a post stays open so we can choise a puppys name I have to say this site is getting pathetic so wish is was back to the old days.

I

Dawn

Dawnie babes I saw your post and was so thrilled for you mate :hug: I think the reason for the blog it replies now is to stop the chit chat threads like my dogs eaten a worm etc I am sure it was never meant to hurt your feeling hun you have been around too long mate xxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Cheers for your support girls there is a lot of us that have been on here from day one and many are very busy thats why I wanted to post a message as like me they dont have time to blog

Dawnie xxxxxxxxxxx

I have to say I think this site was far more interesting when we used to put our news and problems on to threads and I do blog:) but would like to have a wider audiences when I have a problem, not that I don't love my blog squad mates:hug: but yep I do so know where you are coming from on this, I'd want everyone to know to.
Congrats Dawnie thats fab news:hug::hug:

congrats on ur news.

does it not defeat the purpose of a chitchat/off topic section if posts are getting closed?

Congratulations Dawnie... super news hun.... is this your first grandchild?

Oh and its lovely to see you around once in a while :hug::hug:

Congratulations Dawnie... super news hun.... is this your first grandchild?

Oh and its lovely to see you around once in a while :hug::hug:

Yep first one so excited but must stop spending must try to remember its not my baby lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep first one so excited but must stop spending must try to remember its not my baby lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are allowed to spoil your first grandchild Dawnie... and your 2nd... and 3rd lol!!... it must be very exciting for the whole family :hug:

I don't see the difference in having time to start a thread and having time to write a blog...???

I remember when things where not so orderly and people commented on how tedious some of threads where on what is supposed to be a professional salon forum.

We cant please all of the people all of time...some like the fact that personal day to day stuff and personal announcements have a place of their own now...(Blogs) I'm sorry that some people don't but how do we please everyone..??...we cant.

As this site has grown so much bigger, I fully understand the reason for blogs :lol: However, I too, was privileged to join this site in the early days and remember a time when you were able to post exciting news, like a new grandchild, and at the time these posts did not fill or 'bog' down the site.

I can sympathise with the 'rules' required due to the size of its members, but I also can sympasise with the old days:lol::hug:

I don't see the difference in having time to start a thread and having time to write a blog...???

I remember when things where not so orderly and people commented on how tedious some of threads where on what is supposed to be a professional salon forum.

We cant please all of the people all of time...some like the fact that personal day to day stuff and personal announcements have a place of their own now...(Blogs) I'm sorry that some people don't but how do we please everyone..??...we cant.

Maybe have a poll and see what the vote is. I have found consistently that when you do 'the right thing' in your opinion you are damned for it :cry: and some of the recent exchanges I've had with the mods have left them feeling like that. :mad:

A simple solution is have a poll and go with the majority. Whenever someone moans then you go back to the poll results and have and accurate reference as to why things are like they are. Currently the arguments are weak because 'some people complained'. So how many - 2, 3 , 300 ? By going with the majority you're pleasing most of the people most of the time, which must be good :)

At least with a vote you can be confident the actions you take are wanted by the majority. the downside is that you may have to do something you don't agree with because the majority want it. :eek:

Moderation is a difficult job, but moderators aren't perfect and there may be a tendency to make changes that make moderation easier, rather than make changes that the users want.

I work in IT in a Service Management role and have been providing support to users in one way for another for over 20 years. It can be a pleasure and can also be an absolute pain in the bum :grr: but there is one certainty; without users you don't have a job, so keeping them happy is good :hug:.

Please don't take this the wrong way :Love:. I have extensive experience of service provision in a technical environment and am doing my best in writing to share that with you for the benefit of the site.

Regards

Mike

I do think it a shame that chit chat has now only become a place for asking questions. It's always been a forum that has been a little contentious with it's contents ... one man's meat and all that!

BUT the chit chat forum was always what made the site special, more of a staff room for us to have a good chin wag and for new people to find their feet and start posting with confidence before maybe venturing into the main forums.

Then came the blogs! (well actually it was journals!) and gradually all the friendly chit chat stuff has moved over there, and now with so many bloggers it's hard to keep up with some of the more important announcements with so much going on there. So I can see why Dawnie wanted to openly post something that was so special.

I know it's Sam's train set, and as a Mod I have to say that we ALL have to support his wishes, but personally speaking I do think it would be a shame if the chit chat forum lost its roots completely. :hug::hug::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back